counciltaxdebt

Inhibition Order (renewed) for council tax debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2352 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a Inhibition Order in April 2008 and I've been paying off my council tax debt monthly for the last 5 years.

Today I received another IO as the original has expired. I also received a Debt Advice and Information Package (booklet) and it clearly states on the new IO that this booklet has been included.

CAB website says: "A creditor must send you a Debt Advice and Information Package and if this was not done the inhibition is not valid."

I've checked my original IO and there is no mention of a 'Debt Advice and Information Package' included with the IO.

On the website below it states that 'Debt Advice and Information Package' Original publication date: 21st March 2008

(sorry, not allowed to post the link)

Could it be that my first IO is invalid as I didn't receive the booklet? Or am I just clutching at straws?? I have no problem paying back my debt, it's all the legal fees and interest that really worries me :(

Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers x

clutching at straws i'm afraid if you want honesty

if they are renewing after the 5 years sounds as tho they are ion the ball

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

council tax does not attract fees or interest

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

what about all the sherriff officers charges and 10% surcharges

The 10% surcharges are by the council when allocating it to the SO's

What other charges have been added?