Welfare cut

udaymorjaria
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I read the first line and thought...Now there's another silly question (or words to that effect). Then I read to the bottom and, mentioning Blackpool, it said 'One really has to hope new jobs do come because this is a place with pockets of truly shocking deprivation.'

I'm from Blackpool. Oh yippee! :madgrin:

Yes,

The Department of Work and Pensions, however, argues the changes will benefit poorer regions because they "help people back into work - which will benefit the economy more than simply abandoning them to claim benefits year after year."

Pure bunkum, the DWP are trolling out the usual rhetoric.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

These idiots seem to think that there are all these jobs out there NOT being filled and staying empty. Surely they realise that when they get the statistics saying 400,000 vacancies every month, that they are not the same 400,000 vacancies, and that most vacancies are filled by those already in work - then their job is advertised which often gets filled by someone already in work, so on and so forth.

Employers preferences:

Someone able bodied currently in work meeting all the vacancy criteria.

Someone abled bodied recently out of work meeting all of the vacancy criteria.

Someone able bodied longterm unemployed meeting the vacancy criteria.

Someone disabled meeting the criteria, not needing adaptations and no history of long term sick leave.

bottom of an employers wish list is someone who has never had a job, and someone with a history of long term sick leave.

So yeah, what jobs?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Exactly. If there were jobs about, (I'm talking full time here) then I could understand their argument.

I take your point but I don't think it is an argument, It's a poor excuse for them to Pursue polices by the rich for the rich.

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.