Arrow Global collecting on behalf of telephonica uk. refuse to produce copy of NoA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am looking for advice regarding Arrow. I recently got a letter from them after sending them a CCA request saying that as this is a mobile phone debt (didnt know that when i sent it) they do not have to provide a copy of this as they are exempt. This i understand to be true.

So i sent them a prove it letter as they have registered a default on my CRF. Asking for a copy of the default notice issued and a NoA of assignment as i know i was never sent either. Proof I owed the account and a statement of account with a breakdown of charges and interest ect.

I received a letter from them yesterday stating that they are not required by law to provide proof i owe this debt (I dont i cancelled the account and returned the handset within 14 days). They also state that unless I provide a copy of the law that states they must provide me with a true copy of the original default notice and NoA I am basically not getting it. (I think this means they dont have one)

They are now demanding full payment. Can someone help me on what letter I send next. They are refusing to remove the default too.

Regards

Lx

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

Hi ok they do need to prove that you owe the debt not for you to prove you don't.

So to the Compliance Manager

Arrow Global.

Ref: Use theirs.

Sir Madam,

I refer to a letter from Arrow Global dated xx xx xxxx regarding an alleged debt for £xxx .xx and confirm that I do not acknowledge any debt to Arrow Global.

I notice that Arrow Global claims that it does not have to prove that I owe this alleged debt a statement which is of course with out merit, at this point I would refer

Arrow Global to the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003 (as amended) Section 3.9 (deceptive and/or unfair methods) subsection (j). States: ''Requiring an individual to prove he is not the actual debtor who owes an outstanding debt''.

Of course Arrow Global must also be aware that I can make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 requiring it to supply the documents requested in my earlier letter, in this instance Section 3.7 (g) of The Guidance may also apply, as may subsection (o).

For your information and without any admission of liability for any alleged debt, The original account was terminated by me within 14 days of its inception by returning the handset provided by the ''creditor'' therefore no further liability can subsist.

I shall now be making a complaint to the OFT regarding the conduct of Arrow Global in this matter and would suggest that the company now closes the file on this matter.

This letter is sent by RM recorded/signed for delivery and its receipt will be checked.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you very much for this. I will get rhis done.

Lx

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

No problem please keep me posted on the out come, give me a yell if you need further help.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: