Schedule of loss

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just putting together one and am self represented so wondered, as was dismissed for alleged GM, can I ask for future losses for 26 or 52 weeks? Some advisors seem to state 52 but 26 seems to be what's rewarded?

Thank you becky, appreciate the response.

I appreciate myself asking here is not a substitute to fully considered legal advice but just another question. Am also claiming for unlawful deduction of wages. There are 2 parts to this deduction. The first being company petty cash (to help cover expenses and then claim back to restore balance) being stolen from me during a violent robbery which the employer deducted from final payslip and the second being some of my personal belongings being stolen in the same robbery. The petty cash seems straightforward enough, but with personal belongings being stolen also during business hours and as a result of the risk based nature of the work, can I add this to my schedule of loss too?

Many thanks

personal belongings on company premises? I'd think that would be employers insurance to claim against, not the employer directly - have you asked how to put a claim in? Employer should do the same for the cash.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

You would imagine they should have done so for the cash, but rather, they have taken this stolen petty cash/float from my payslip instead (they say the cash was uninsured).

With personal belongings, as I was field based and working remotely, had these belongings in car (also stolen but only car was recovered). They are refusing to cover or provide any compensation for personal belongings claiming that I should have had them insured through 'all risk' insurance (part of our training apparently at induction with documentation they claim, but no supporting signed evidence from me to say I acknowledged this training).

So I believe company petty cash/float should be straightforward enough to claim but unsure about where I stand with personal belongings.

They are probably right that you should have covered your own posessions on your home insurance. So I'd say let that one go, your claim would actually be against the robber - but cash may well be an unlawful deduction.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I don't think the ET has jurisdiction to award damages in that respect, but there could be a separate county court claim for the loss... I'm not sure though as I deal only with the ET! But logic would dictate that if they were negligent in some way and you suffered a financial loss as a result, there ought to be some nature of claim which can be brought...

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Also, any ideas on where I could try and get help to calculate loss of pension? Been looking up some guides/sites and could be the most tricky part.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Also, any ideas on where I could try and get help to calculate loss of pension? Been looking up some guides/sites and could be the most tricky part.

Hello there.

What type of scheme is it please? Salary-related pension or a percentage of salary paid into a scheme?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

What type of scheme is it please? Salary-related pension or a percentage of salary paid into a scheme?

My best, HB

Hi honeybee

I believe it's salary related (final salary pension)

Hello again.

This is actuarial stuff. OH, pensions bore, says you could ask the scheme administrator what the current transfer value of your current entitlement. Also ask for the estimated Open Market Option cash figure at retirement if you don't leave. Subtract the first one from the second one and you should have a figure to submit.

The point is to find out what it costs to replace/buy the annual amount of pension that has been lost. Also called the cash equivalent if I've understood the quick explanation.

I hope this helps and that others will advise their understanding if they know.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks HB, I did try to pick the brains of the scheme administrator earlier (before reading your post) without trying to make it obvious as to the reason for my questions. Can I be more direct with them? I do need to submit the schedule of loss quite quickly and would rather not leave the pension loss blank but also uncertain to put in a potentially bad figure.