Help please hmrc called me today

srr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

could anyone here advise me regarding hmrc.to cut along strory short in 2011 i wanted to go self employed and registerd online.Only to find that after registering 2 days later my source of funding had let me down.Anway i then contacted hmrc by phone and spoke to a lady regarding my problems with funding ect.And explained i wasnt going to go self employed.She advised me that i needed to wright a letter explaining but it had been logged on there system.Since then i keept recieving letters stating late payments for not filling a tax return in.So i sent a cover letter back to them and got into a game of letter tennis.After a while the letters stopped for a while (around 4-6 wks) so i thought they had finaly got the message.But thren i recieved a letter from a dca and then the phone calls started.so i rang back and explained my side of the story.the bloke who answerd said am i putting it into dispute.so i made myself clear yes i am doing.bearing in mind it is now 2013.i recieved a call today from a nice sounding lady saying she had some good news for me.And continued to say

hmrc have called and i only owe them £20.95 after they have reviewed my problem.now what i would like to know is after all the stress and playing tennis letters ect do i have grounds for compensation in a county court at all.or is this something everyone has to put up with in life.Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Welcome to CAG, my thinking is you would be very unlikely to get much out of HMRC over this, and the tine and trouble getting anything done would probably not be worth it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Welcome to CAG, my thinking is you would be very unlikely to get much out of HMRC over this, and the tine and trouble getting anything done would probably not be worth it.

THANKS BRIGA thought is might be worth a try

THANKS BRIGA thought is might be worth a try

Seen it tried on a few occasions nothing significant came of any attempts I'm

sorry to say.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thread moved to HMRC forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert