Online shop not refunding my order which was destroyed by royal mail

dolly86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a £66 worth order of some beauty products at thebeautybooth.com on 13 feb, 2013 shipping to Hong Kong, paying by credit card. Probably because of the recent change of royal mail international shipping rules, I have never received my parcel because my order includes a bottle of nail polish.

I have been contacting thebeautybooth.com by email for so many times but so far I only got one email reply, they said they are experiencing problem sending nail polish to overseas, and if I did not receive anything after a week of that email, I should contact them again and they will send me a replacement order.

After a week I actually did not receive anything, so I emailed them back, and I never receive any reply from them.

Couple days later I called them directly from Hong Kong, they agreed to refund the nail polish in full to me, and will send me a replacement package with the rest of the goods.

After almost two weeks, I did not receive anything, neither the refund nor the goods. So I called them again. They said they are processing the refund soon, I am not happy with their response and I requested a full refund. They agreed and they said they will process it soon after hang up.

Since then, I never received any money refunded by thebeautybooth.com. Total amount is £66.

Normally when I return goods to asos.com or Topshop or other online retailers in UK, after they receive the goods I returned they issue a refund straight away, and the money would appear on my bank statement within 5 business days. In this case apparently thebeautybooth.com did not process my refund at all.

I looked for similar situations online, and I found out that there are numerous people having same issue as me after purchasing from thebeautybooth.com. They were leaving wall posts on thebeautybooth.com facebook page complaining that they did not receive their orders and they want a refund, but the administrator of that facebook page has not been replying since february, 2013.

I am worried that I may lose my money to a fraudulent company. I am actually living at Hong Kong at the moment and I won't be going to UK anytime soon. I just lodged a complaint to adviceguide.gov.uk but I don't know if it would help me get my money back. Please advice what I should do. Thank you so much!