L A Fitness Help

mvdm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I hope that someone might be able to help me:

I returned to La fitness, Piccadilly last week 3April, to find that my hired locker had been broken in to and my gym kit stolen.

I reported it to the duty manager and he told me that he will send me a contact number and name of someone I can speak to.

I have emailed customer services three times,

the actual club twice with no reply (6days later)

I also phoned customer services,

they couldn't find my correspondence and said they will call back in an hour, that was last Friday and still had no reply.

I have said that I don't want to continue using any of the clubs as I don't feel comfortable leaving my belongings in the lockers.

I have asked that they contact me to discuss what type of solution we can agree on for me to cancel my contract.

I am willing to pay a cancellation fee, but after the poor or lack of any customer service, I don't feel like paying anything!

I wrote another email today stating that I have no choice but to stop my direct debit until I have received a response

and that I am going to speak to Office of fair trade regarding this.

Would anybody know if I can take any further action?

Thank you all in advance

M

police for one that's for sure!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi MVDM and welcome to CAG

If you had anything stolen, you should report this to the police as a matter of course, as DX says above.

You don't necessarily have the right to cancel simply because of the theft. However, I suggest you certainly DO have the right to cancel in light of the gym's subsequent failure to communicate with you about the matter.

I suggest they have breached their agreement with you by failing to deal with the matter effectively or, indeed, at all.

If you want, or feel you have, to cancel your m/ship, you should write to their HO by Rec'd Del'y saying :-

Dear sir or madam,

In view of your inability to respond properly to my communications with you following the theft of my property from my locker on xxdate, I hereby cancel my membership with immediate effect.

I have cancelled the DD mandate and will make no further payments for membership.

Do not bother telling me I have to give notice, pay any cancellation fees or pay admin fees. If you demand further payments, I will report the matter to The OFT.

I estimate the value of items stolen to be £xx and expect you to make payment to me to cover my loss.

Yours faithfully,

Let us know how this goes.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Dear slick

Thank you for your reply, I will send the letter off tomorrow . I called again last night and left a message with reception for a manager to call me...........no call ! I can't believe the poor customer service! To make it worse, I have a top tier membership too!

I will keep you updated!

Thank you again

M

Hi MVDM,

I should have said, give them 14 days to respond, failing which tell us and we'll draft a LBA for you to send, threatening court action to recover your loss from the theft.

And make a report to the police asap if you haven't done so already.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

The gym probably has signs up limiting liability. Unless the locker was damaged prior to using it, it's unlikely the gym is legally at fault.

Did you communicate to the correct email addresses? Worth checking before filing any action. Failure to respond is debatablly not a breach of contract IMO, and you may not have any recourse to cancel your membership within the initial term.

But yes, report to police and get a crime reference number. You may be able to claim on insurance.

Thank you for your message, I emailed to the customer service link on Mylafitness site and called the customer service number on the site. I also emailed both managers at the club (from thier business cards given to me) 3 times and spoke to both of them twice and called the club! Spoke to a lady at customer service, who was suppose to call me within an hour to obtain my information, that was last week, still waiting. ..

Dear All

I just called customer service again,and my contract has been cancelled. Last payment to be taken end of April. I have also requested that they confirm it in writing and by email.

I am now considering joining 3rd space in Piccadilly , much more expensive but well worth it, unless anyone knows of any reason not to... lol !

Thank you very much everyone for your help! Much appreciated!

Warmest regards

M

The gym probably has signs up limiting liability. Unless the locker was damaged prior to using it, it's unlikely the gym is legally at fault.

Did you communicate to the correct email addresses? Worth checking before filing any action. Failure to respond is debatablly not a breach of contract IMO, and you may not have any recourse to cancel your membership within the initial term.

But yes, report to police and get a crime reference number. You may be able to claim on insurance.

those signs mean nothing it actual law

its a getout clause that people fall for.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you should still be reporting this to the police

its theft!

dx

and they