warrant no bail arrest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I came home from work today and hand delivered through my door is a pale pink slip, attached to a baking card that states it is a no bail arrest warrant and £100 is written in the box with my name and address. there is also a account number which i have never seen and a warrant officer name and telephone number, the number is a mobile and at 5.30 when i got home there was nobody answering the phone.

It states HM court Service on the top with the date and visit 1 written on it, i am not sure what this is for, can i be arrest, i though only the police could arrest you?

Please help i am worried

Phone your local Magistrates tomorrow morning to see if anything is listed in your name. If you do not know anything about this, you can ask to do a statutory declaration to Magistrates to this effect, which will start the process from the beginning and you can the deal with it, rather than via a bailiff who has put a note through the door.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Pamela, and welcome to CAG! :-)

You must be very worried and more so because you couldn't get hold of anyone this evening.

I'd phone the county court as well.

The £100 sounds as though someone has got a judgment against you and it hasn't been paid, so it has been passed to the bailiff.

Be very careful when you open your door. Don't answer it tomorrow morning if the bailiff knocks. If you let him in he can remove your property. If you have a car then try and move it a few streets away so it can't be seen anywhere near where you live.

You need to deal with this first thing tomorrow, even if it makes you late for work. I'd ring the courts and see what you can find out there before you call the number on the card.

Let us know what happens.

DD

Thanks for all the info, i cant think of anything i have filled in for magistrates court in my name, i have an attachment to earning for a loan i could not pay, and have had ATE orders previously for council tax, but i have had no magistrates orders from court. I am worried that i can be arrested, will this man have details of what the £100 is for or is this just his fee? I can pay that no problem but i am not going to pay something i know nothing about. I phone magistrates court this morning.

I also read on the internet, he cant arrest me without a police officer with a signed arrest warrant from a magistrate - is this correct?

Thanks for all the info, i cant think of anything i have filled in for magistrates court in my name, i have an attachment to earning for a loan i could not pay, and have had ATE orders previously for council tax, but i have had no magistrates orders from court. I am worried that i can be arrested, will this man have details of what the £100 is for or is this just his fee? I can pay that no problem but i am not going to pay something i know nothing about. I phone magistrates court this morning.

I also read on the internet, he cant arrest me without a police officer with a signed arrest warrant from a magistrate - is this correct?

Hopefully you can resolve with Magistrates. Very unlikely you will be arrested, as that would have to be ordered by Magistrates as you refused to pay fines etc.

The £100 sound like some form of fine for a minor offence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HiThanks for all the advice, I phoned the court this morning and found out it was a fine for non payment of road tax from two years ago. I believe i have paid this. I phoned the warrant officer who told me not to panic and gave me 7 days to look into this and to find bank statement (which thankfully i keep) detailing my payments. If i cannot find this proof, he then has given me until i get paid on the 25th to pay the £100 balnce left to pay. He did tell me i would not be arrest and not to worry, as i had communicated with him which was the best thing i could have done. Thanks everyone for your advice, hopefully i can sort this out without looking over my shoulder thinking i am going to be arrested!!Pam

Hi all

Quick update, found the bank statements detailing my payments, apparently i was told by the court, i did not have authority to pay by installments? Not sure why i paid by installments then, somebody must have told me i could! I paid the first £50, then subsequently paid a further 2 x £50 and then £39 last payment. The court returned the 2 x £50 installments by cheque to my address where i moved from in April 2011, i never received this cheque (as i had moved), and as i have now proved that i have paid they are ''looking'' into the error, but had no feedback as yet. But at least i know in my mind and i can prove that i paid. Hopefully they will realize this is the case and stop all this stupidity!!

Get the court to confirm receipt of your payment proof (statements) and that they are looking into the accounting problem regarding payments. The cheques that were sent out that you did not receive, would not have been cashed, so the court would have still had full payment for the fines. If you have ever worked in accounts, what happens is that you refund a payment off the normal account and there is a separate process for reconciling cheques not cashed. Sounds like this was not done.

Hi

I did ask them to send a return email when i sent the proof, but i can check this anytime as i am still in the same bank and i can look back at the dates, so i can get this proof as many times as they want it. I am going to check again this week that they have the information i sent them and they are definitely sorting this out. I don't even know if somebody else got the cheques and try to cash them, or they were honest enough to return them!

But i did not receive any refund from them, i will chase up i am not being called a liar when i know and can prove i paid this fine!

Hi,

I am so glad you have got to the bottom of this mystery.

Stupidity is putting it mildly.

They clearly had your new address as they sent a bailiff, so why didn't they write to you at the new address?

As soon as it is sorted out I would send a very strong complaint to the Chief Executive of the Council.

DD