Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Letter from court is asking that I submit to the court and the other party no later than 14 days ahead of the hearing  a "witness statement?" I assume this will give more detail than the original defence I filed?   It states I must:   Start with name of the case and claim number Full name and adress of witness Set out witness evidence clearly in numbered paragraphs on numbered pages End with this paragraph "I beleive that the facts stated in this witness statement are true." be signed by the witness and dated    
    • Thank you. You shouldn't be claiming for the return of half the money. If you are claiming on the basis that this is an unenforceable penalty or an unenforceable unfair term, then the entire term of the contract. The void and unenforceable and there is no power in the courts to make an apportionment.  Therefore your claim must be for the entire £450. Personally I wouldn't allow them to get away with any unfairness. I'm extremely dubious about the other term which apparently allows them to take ownership of the dog if it is not collected within 14 days. They are only entitled to recover any administrative expenses caused by any breach – assuming that the breach is yours. Have you asked them to account for the £450 and to explain why this might amount to their administrative expenses? Of course it can't possibly do because as that is the full cost of keeping the dog then there must be a margin included in the £450 which represents their profit – otherwise there would be no point in them running the business. Of course, if the breach is theirs then they would have to return the £450 to you plus any other losses that they had caused you. For instance, if your daughter had been put to any loss which you had to reimburse her for then it might be reasonable for you to claim that as well. Let us know. Have you send them a letter of claim yet? If you want to be super-nice then you might offer them a small sum by way of administrative expenses as an alternative to forcing you into legal action. I would suggest no more than 70 quid – but I think first of all I would invite them to account for the £450 and explain why they say it equals their administrative expenses. I don't expect that you will get any reasonable answer and they will simply say that it is in their terms and conditions – but at least you will have something in writing from yourself – and then from them to show firstly that you have tried to be reasonable about your approaches to them and secondly that they are merely relying on terms and conditions and it has nothing to do with administrative losses  
    • Hi All,   I have recently received the  Letter Before Claim from Gladstones Solicitors,   I have previously appealled original PCN with One Parking Solution and  POPLA to no avail, despite my vehicle being recorded on the site 1-2 minute to turn around there and 3 minutes stopped at the entrance (not parked) so 5 minutes in total having pulled off the public highway momentarily. Not to park as advised to this rather nefarious company!   Would welcome the advice on what to do next please, Thanks in advance,   RATPCN  
    • I would suggest that you call UC and request mandatory reconsideration (MR) of the decision to pay the LCWRA arrears to DWP debt management towards this disputed Housing Benefit debt.   They cannot refuse the MR request.   Reasons for MR.   1) Housing Benefit debt is disputed and subject to Court Tribunal process.    2) The DWP decision makers letter to award the LCWRA does not mention any decision to pay arrears towards debts. UC are therefore making a decision, without informing of any legal rights they might have to act in this way.    When you make the MR request, ask to submit further evidence within the 30 days allowed. Then send copies of any dispute about the debt.   You could also contact the Council to see if they are happy for health related award money from DWP being paid to them. Send a complaint to Council that you are not happy with this.    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2434 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi there and thanks in advance for any help


i work 37.5 hours per week and was called into a meeting last week regarding a change to my hours to 34.5 per week.

i was also offered a 20 p per hour pay rise as a kind of softner to loosing these hours,


Not a problem but asked if i could have there proposal in writing,


Now today i have recieved a letter from my company saying that my hours will be changing to 34.5 hours but there is no mention of my new salary or the pay rise.due to the needs of the buisness blah blah etc.


We were tuped over last august so oviously its just an amendment to my old contract but im not happy about them not mentioning my new salary or pay rise.


I dont want to look like im being difficult regarding loosing my hours but surely if my hours are being cut i would need to know my new salary in writing before i agree to the changes, am i correct?


regards s

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly,to my knowledge under TUPE your contract is protected for 12 months (so you don't have agree to any amendments in the first place), secondly, if you want a confirmation about the pay increase, there is nothing wrong at all in asking for it.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for your reply


i was told in the meeting that if i disagree with the change then it will go to consultation and in basic terms we will be restructured and possibly be made redundant. so i feel i have little choice than to agree. i dont wish to find my self unemployed.


my contract states my hours and salary, now obviously if i take a cut in hours the salary on my contract will be different than the one i will be earning.


Should i not have written conformation of my new salary and the pay increase?


i dont want to sign the letter my employer has sent me because i dont trust them to come up with the pay rise that they promised in the meeting.


This letter that i am asked to sign is an amendment to my contract, so obviously i want this to be correct.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The pay you are getting should be confirmed in writing together with the change of hours. I cannot think of any reason why it should not be mentioned, it would be very unusual to put the change of hours in there but not the hourly rate. If the company are refusing to put it in there, it may be an intention to (maybe) raise your pay by 20p in the future at some undetermined time rather than an immediate change.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...