style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2436 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi there and thanks in advance for any help

i work 37.5 hours per week and was called into a meeting last week regarding a change to my hours to 34.5 per week.

i was also offered a 20 p per hour pay rise as a kind of softner to loosing these hours,

Not a problem but asked if i could have there proposal in writing,

Now today i have recieved a letter from my company saying that my hours will be changing to 34.5 hours but there is no mention of my new salary or the pay rise.due to the needs of the buisness blah blah etc.

We were tuped over last august so oviously its just an amendment to my old contract but im not happy about them not mentioning my new salary or pay rise.

I dont want to look like im being difficult regarding loosing my hours but surely if my hours are being cut i would need to know my new salary in writing before i agree to the changes, am i correct?

regards s

Firstly,to my knowledge under TUPE your contract is protected for 12 months (so you don't have agree to any amendments in the first place), secondly, if you want a confirmation about the pay increase, there is nothing wrong at all in asking for it.

thanks for your reply

i was told in the meeting that if i disagree with the change then it will go to consultation and in basic terms we will be restructured and possibly be made redundant. so i feel i have little choice than to agree. i dont wish to find my self unemployed.

my contract states my hours and salary, now obviously if i take a cut in hours the salary on my contract will be different than the one i will be earning.

Should i not have written conformation of my new salary and the pay increase?

i dont want to sign the letter my employer has sent me because i dont trust them to come up with the pay rise that they promised in the meeting.

This letter that i am asked to sign is an amendment to my contract, so obviously i want this to be correct.

regards

s

The pay you are getting should be confirmed in writing together with the change of hours. I cannot think of any reason why it should not be mentioned, it would be very unusual to put the change of hours in there but not the hourly rate. If the company are refusing to put it in there, it may be an intention to (maybe) raise your pay by 20p in the future at some undetermined time rather than an immediate change.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS