Holiday Booking with lastminute.com

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just book a holiday with lastminute.com over the telephone and when I checked the payment summary the price was £500 more. I rang the customer service and asked why the price was different. Apparently that was the price I agreed on the phone.

I have again the website for similar holiday and the price was similar to the original one I've got. The manager said that I agreed to the price 2x on the phone and that they can play back the recorded conversation we had. The total price of my holiday was £1,055.81 (flight, hotel, B&B for 5 nights in Barcelona for 2adults and 1 child for August) however, the payment summary was £1,555.81.

I have asked a breakdown of the £1,555.81 which apparently they cannot provide. They will give back £100 as a consolation. Threfore, I will be paying £400 difference from my original holiday booking. I rang up the airline and gave me the total price I should pay for the flight reference number. When I again, discuss this with lastminute.com manager, he said that the price given to me by BA was irrelevant as I agreed to £1,555.81 on the phone. According to them, I can only cancel the hotel booking but not the flight as this is non-refundable.

If I cancel the hotel booking, he said that I would receive only about £500-550 which means the price of my flight is between £900-950. How expensive for a return flight to Barcelona, for an economy class. As a customer, don't I have the right to demand for the breakdown. Can't they check the previous deals on their website.

I just felt I had a bad experience with lastminute.com considering that this is the first used I used them for my holiday. I wanted to complain but to whom when I can feel that they are protecting their own staff. Please advise. :|:x

Edited by Conniff

They will play back the conversation at lunch time today but I was advised that they can play only the part where I agreed to the price. I can remember clearly that there was a conversation when I enumerated the prices for the flight + hotel, luggage check in and the insurance. None of these showed in the payment summary they sent me. They cannot provide the breakdwon of payment. I have rang up lastminute.com representative and apparently I was charged £1,510/84 on my credit card but the payment summary was saying £1,555.81. I really think there is something wrong here. Plus that fact that they put 3 adults rather than 2 adults and 1 child on the payment summary. Please help and advise. Thank you.

If there is any doubt that it is the conversation that you had, you can send them an SAR (cost £10) and ask for a complete copy of or transcript of your phone call with them. Naturally a copy would be better.

I would also contact your credit card co. and inform of the the dispute ( no of people on booking etc.) and ask them to do a charge back.

surely you should of agreed the amount they were going to charge before you gave authorisation to make the charge to your card?

that would be on the recording!

Dont contact by phone anymore use email.