I think I may be entitled to some ppi?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I had car finance back in 2002 (apprx).

I was with Welcome finance and was paying monthly. We fell on hard times and i could no longer afford the amount I was paying. So Welcome got me to sign a new agreement that was over a longer term and a less monthly amount.

I've stopped paying it now but it went on for years before it was settled.

I no longer have the contract, so I cant see the details of the accounts.

I have no idea how to go about claiming ppi? I've had a good look round but I'm just getting more confused.

Do I just call up Welcome and ask for my account details?

Is there a link for a step by step guide to claiming back?

I've had a look round but cant find it.

Any help would be appreiated.

Hi mudcakes!

First of all you need to send a SAR to welcome (subject access request). This will provide you with all the Information you need to see if and how much PPI was paid.

A copy of the sar template letter is below (this is the one I used when asking for information from welcome. The address you need to send it to is at the top o the template. Send it with a cheque or postal order for £10 recorded delivery. DO NOT sign the letter. Print your name or sign it and put a line through your signature.

Hope this helps! Once you get all of your information you'll then know if you have a valid PPI reclaim. Don't worry about time, there's no time limit on reclaiming PPI.

Welcome financial services

Compliance

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998e

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

PRINT NAME

• Confused 1

It never rains but it pours...

You could just get a PPI cliams company online to do all the work for you. They will take a commision though. If your not sure what your doing it could help and save you time and a headache. Some of them are terrible, so check out reviews online to find the most helpful ones.

• Confused 1

There is absolutely no reason to use a claims company who will take 30% or more of any successful claim. They can do nothing that people cannot do for themselves. Doing it yourself will ensure that you keep all of the refund.

• Confused 1