Meritforce/ mckenzie hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been looking through a £1646.75 debt i have with meritforce/mckenzie hall

the original creditor being black horse,

since signing up to Experian i have noticed the debt to be £400 lower on my credit file?

i have spoken to Meritforce who said it was an error by Experian,

Experian are saying the debt they have on file is correct..

..Where do i go from here?

any advice welcome.

My experience with dealing with a relatives debts, is that most DCA's appear to make up the debt amounts or they make a lot of mistakes.

What is the history of the Black Horse loan debt ? When taken out ? Last date of payment and to whom ?

Why are you contacting a DCA by phone ? Not a good idea.

What do you want to do with this debt ? Is this the only debt that you have ? What are your circumstances ? employed/home owner ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The debt is from car finance a few year ago when I was younger I have been paying a small amount each month to merit force but want to get my credit rating improved so paying double the amount now to get it gone quicker! I signed up to experian hence the mistake has been spotted! How would I get it resolved? Obviously merit force arnt going to admit it being there mistake! I rang the company to try and get it resolved.

The debt is from car finance a few year ago when I was younger I have been paying a small amount each month to merit force but want to get my credit rating improved so paying double the amount now to get it gone quicker! I signed up to experian hence the mistake has been spotted! How would I get it resolved? Obviously merit force arnt going to admit it being there mistake! I rang the company to try and get it resolved.

I'm paying £70 p/m that's all I can afford. Merit force are ok with the arrangements n I've paid a regular amount each month never missed a payment etc the only problem is the £400 difference in amounts

I'll bet Mertifarce are happy with an arrangemetn of £70pm! If you've paying that a year or more you're not far off paying the whole amount off You should have received an annualt statement from Meritfarce showing how much you've paid and how much is outstanding. You would know how much you've paid and you have the original amount so you can work out whose right or not. Send Meritforce's cretins a short, to the point note asking for all such statements to be sent to you pronto. In the meantime send Blackhorse a CCA request for the original documents.

I'm paying £70 p/m that's all I can afford. Merit force are ok with the arrangements n I've paid a regular amount each month never missed a payment etc the only problem is the £400 difference in amounts

I think you will have to write to ask Meritforce for a breakdown calculation of the current outstanding amount, as well as a statement of account. They have obviously added an additional £400, since the debt was put on your credit record. They need to account for this and you can raise a complaint with the FOS, if they don't provide information, which you are happy with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread