style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can some one help me me and my wife got a plasma tv from perfect homes 3 years ago it was the first time we had hire purchase agreement and the salesman told us the total cost we would have to pay is £2242.24 with insurance and coverplus we asked again how much for everything including coverplus and yet again we were told £2242.24 so we signed and we never missed a payment and today we called into the shop to make a payment and to ask how much we had left (we thought about £130) but were told we still had £450 which we disagreed we had been paying £13.08p a week and £10.78 was for the agreement and normal insurance and £2.30p was for coverplus and we were told when we signed that all of the £13.08p weekly payment would come off the total but after we looked at the agreement we have noticed that the £2.30p for the coverplus is being classed as separate from the agreement and now the total is about £2750 which we wouldnt have signed had we known this and the salesman has lied to us so can anyone tell me what if anything we can do about this as we feel we were lied to about what we would pay in total

Edited by jasonolga

• 2 weeks later...

hello jasonolga,

i believe that perfect homes would simply ignore your complaint since it is your word against theirs. if you have proof / evidence of this then you should proceed in making a claim against them. but i suspect you have no proof and it is a case of your word against theirs. the retailer is probably aware that nothing would come out of this as there is no evidence to present to a Court.

the only thing I can suggest to you is to reclaim all of your coverplus payments. Send the company a subject access request, this will show you all the information they have about you. From that, you are able to work out how much you have paid for their coverplus.

Reclaim all the money you paid to them for your coverplus, hopefully this will be more money than the £320 unexpected balance you have.