style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it says something of her policies when the nation is split over loathing or loving her. Maybe her legacy is one of a deeply divided nation. I know where I stand and i will be going to the pub to have a drink in memory of my friends who died on the Falklands.

Whatever you're politics ....... you can't deny she divided opinion.

And was a world class leader.

She changed our country, brought it from it knees.

And of course, there can't be many that would want to hate post.

She was voted in by the people, ....... 3 times, no less!!

Whatever you're politics ....... you can't deny she divided opinion.

And was a world class leader.

She changed our country, brought it from it knees.

And of course, there can't be many that would want to hate post.

She was voted in by the people, ....... 3 times, no less!!

I agree, but bear in mind too that Tony Blair also won 3 elections, so extremely strange things can happen. I must admit I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this already, especially given that she was quite controversial.

World class leaders would have empathy with the people who they lead. She did not. Even Norman Tebbitt, a couple of years ago, said that they were too tough on the general working population. Yes she was voted in but in my opinion 1983 was on the dead of the Falklands. Working people were seduced by the prospect of owning their own homes and no thought was given to the next generation. I won't post hate but I will not lose any sleep. I feel sympathy for her family but sorrow for the thousands of victims in this country who lost their jobs.

The first triumph was because she was a women, women voted for her in droves, like a 'sisterhood' well planned tactics.

With the American Guru in tow there was no stopping this political machine which was going the yankee way.

Edited by determindator

And ATOS was about to find her fit for work...............Oh well.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Margaret Thatcher in my opinion was the greatest Prime Minister since Churchill. She brought this country back from the brink of bankrupsy, and picked it up off its knees put there by the likes of Scargill and Red Robbo and their union cronies. Yes she made mistakes like we all do but for her we would be in a much worse state as a country that we are today. On both occasions 1979, and today caused by a totally incompetent Labour government.

I will refrain from commenting on what i felt she "achieved" during her stay in power. However i will say R.I.P as outside her duties in government, she was a very down to earth woman. She just changed when she was dealing with politics.

I also agree with the admins here. This thread isnt for a debate on what you think of her. Use another thread for that. If you don't want to say R.I.P, then dont read the thread or hit post. And no, im not a conservative supporter, im as far on the other side as you can possibly get.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Margaret Thatcher in my opinion was the greatest Prime Minister since Churchill. She brought this country back from the brink of bankrupsy, and picked it up off its knees put there by the likes of Scargill and Red Robbo and their union cronies. Yes she made mistakes like we all do but for her we would be in a much worse state as a country that we are today. On both occasions 1979, and today caused by a totally incompetent Labour government.

I would like to say i would vehemently disagree with that, but respect your right to an opinion.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

There was a lot left out of the programme, one thing comes to mind was not listening to the warnings of the scientists of giving livestock abnormal feed when introducing intensive farming. We are unaware of the legacy that BSE may bring.

Renegadeimp, from what I know of Mrs Thatcher, she was one personality, and not just confined to Politics.

I want to add, this is a time of loss for those closest to her and for me now I'm just listeneing to the comments made and reserve my thoughts.

Edited by determindator

I have read a few things and also seen proof myself that she was different out of politics. She had her ideals, but rarely put them into the open in her private life. As i said, im as far removed from being a conservative as humanly possible, but i still think she deserves a decent send off, though not at public expense like Cameron is planning to do.

it seems the press etc are leaving bits out of her life that needs to be addressed

She called Nelson Mandela a terrorist, adamantly defended and praised her friend, former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet , and sipped tea with Mugabe, but we do not talk of that, do we

Everyone knew she was a friend of Mugabe, but at the time he was a big buyer of arms from the UK, so nobody did anything. Same as Cameron is doing now.

Same as when the US and UK supplied saddam with all his arms and biological weapons. But we're now getting way off topic. Lets keep the thread on track now.

Although a Conservative I didn't want Maggie as the party leader, however she was a strong person who stuck to her principles whatever and you have to admire her for that, also how many ex miners, steelworkers etc would have been able to buy their own council houses? Overall I think that a great British personality has now died and should be given the respect due to everyone when they die.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi Assisted Blonde.

Not many ex miners/ steelworkers could buy their houses due to them becoming jobless and having to go on the dole. Thus starting the generation of state dependancy who the Tory party are now further stigmatising. I am happy that some people gained but the vast majority did not. As for Churchill being a great leader, in my opinion he was during the war but didn't he get voted out in 1945?

I agree... but why not save the taxpayer some money and send her on her way without all the 'pomp and glory'!!! How much is this all going to cost? Surely something small and private would be enough?!

What I remember most about the Thatcher years is the following example of insanity:

Our neighbours had two kids who ran around without shoes on their feet most of the time. They didn't have a penny to scratch their a***s. Yet, when Thatcher was elected for the last time we could hear them shouting, 'YES!!! WE WON!!!'.

Utter madness.

Yes, let her rest and have a funeral at her families, or the insurance, expense. I think that the problem is that unless you are over thirty you want remember what a 'lovely' lady she was... excuse the sarcasm.