Mr Lender wants to chase debt with employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Issue a full complaint and get the OFT involved. This is the sort of thing that will lose them their licence to operate.

Also have a good read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

You MUST get those complaints in asap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Mumsurfer, its a scaremongering tactic they use, just to get you to pay up. They are not allowed to use intimidation, threatening phone calls or anything like this - it is against section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act, 1972 (I think thats the year !). If they are found guilty, the managering director can go to jail !!! I had a pdl company do the same to me. Remind them of this particular law - you are within your rights to lodge a complaint to them. Send them a letter to this effect and that should stop them intimidating you any further. hope that helps.

Would like to see that letter! Can't believe they'd be stupid enough to leave a paper trail of something as stupid as that!

Are you able to post up a copy of that letter on this thread minus personal information? (name, address, reference numbers, barcodes)

Use dx100 instructions below

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try http://www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

It never rains but it pours...

Mr Lender have used this trick before. I've a letter from them (reported to OFT and FOS (upheld complaint, huzza)) copied below; confirming their intention to contact me at work. Copied below. One thing is to break OFT rules, another is to totally lie through their back teeth and claim customers don't respond.

You must contact the OFT to let them know what they're up to.

Dear Trapper,

PLEASECONTACT US URGENTlY 0208-532-5020

We have been trying to contact you regarding your outstanding loan but to no avail. We have sent numerous emails, text messages and letters. Additionally, we have attempted to contact you at

home and on your mobile phone.

The only other method of contact we have available is via your work place XXXXX- as provided at the time your loan was underwritten.

We understand that it may be difficult to communicate whilst at work so before we put our efforts into contacting you there, we would like to give you another opportunity to contact us.

You can call us directly on 0208-532-5020 or email us using [email protected]

If you are experiencing financial difficulties and cannot afford to repay the balance of £xx.xx in full,

we can offer you a repayment plan over a number of months that you will be able to afford.

Yours Sincerely,

Repayments Department

0208-532-5020

POL

Edited by toptrapper

There is nothing in the OFT regs saying they can not phone you at work, but if you inform them not to contact you at work then they are in breach if they do.

You should write to them (or email) and tell them not to contact you at work, get some kind of confirmation they have rec'd the letter or email as proof.

Having said that there is no way they can threaten to turn up at your work place, im sure the OFT would have to act on such a letter, get it to them asap.

There is nothing in the OFT regs saying they can not phone you at work, but if you inform them not to contact you at work then they are in breach if they do.

You should write to them (or email) and tell them not to contact you at work, get some kind of confirmation they have rec'd the letter or email as proof.

Having said that there is no way they can threaten to turn up at your work place, im sure the OFT would have to act on such a letter, get it to them asap.

it does come under the OFT regs

Debt collection visits

:

Those visiting debtors must not act in a

threatening or unclear manner

It is considered unfair for a debt collector to visit a debtor’s place of work unless it is a business debt.

I think there may be some interpretation over calling people at work. This (below)is copied from - OFT1466 - Payday Lending Compliance Review Interim Report, November 2012

4.38 Issues highlighted in complaints included aggressive debt collection practices, such as threats to coerce payment and excessive collection charges, persistent and excessive telephone calls, including calling consumers at their place of work, refusal to accept offered repayment plans, refusing to deal with debt advisors and alleged misuse of continuous payment authority. We have also seen evidence of firms using misleading or deceptive practices in order to recover debts.

This suggests calling consumers at their place at work is considered aggressive debt collection practice?

If you tell them no, they cant come to your work. Plain and simple. However, you MUST tell them that they are not allowed to come to your place of employment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 1 month later...

they bl**dy harrased me at work, including telling my colleagues who they were! Told them to stop calling my work but if i didnt call them back straightaway on my mobile they would continue calling untiil i would talk to them. had a lot of grief and thankfully paid the b@stards off.

Shaza, you need to make full complaints to the regulators, and also get the ICO involved. You could also consider taking legal action for this.

I did have a debt collecter called Opos ring my employer and that did get a tad embarrassing as they man was really rude to the lady, who insisted that the company has a 'no names' policy. So, I did own up but they were very understanding - however, what they do is illegal and I got the guy removed from the case (if not, his office !!)

OPOS is minicredit. They just use a different name.