• Tweets

• I think the existing system is that you declare the item and the value – and then they go on to sell you the insurance for it. It would be easy enough for them to make it clear that the insurance for glass objects related only to loss. They don't. In fact on our experience here, Hermes routinely tries to disclaim liability for insured items which are lost simply because they apparently prohibited. And of course, this is not a regulated insurance provided by a "firm". It's the courier's own little sideline. No doubt millions of items are successfully delivered every year. Millions of those are probably insured and the "premium" goes directly into the pocket of the courier has an additional little earner. I think that if they have accepted insurance for something that has been correctly declared, then they have effectively waived their rights to rely on the prohibited items list. 
    • Parents trying to put aside money for their children are in danger of seeing the value of their cash fall due to rising inflation.View the full article
    • That could be helpful – but I have to say that I would have been more comfortable getting an independent inspection first. Although it would be a very good idea to get the manufacturer installed at some point, it is highly likely that they will enter into an independent exchange of correspondence with Lord. You won't know what is being said or discussed and at the end of the day you can't be too certain where the interests of the manufacturer lay. If Lord are a frequent/regular customer of the manufacturer then the manufacturer may find that they have a bit of a dilemma because they won't want to lose a good business customer. I suppose that it is you who has put this enquiry in hand but I think that you have gotten ahead of yourself and it would be better to get at least one independent assessment first of all because then if you had decided to bring the manufacturer in, you would have a documented assessment to show to them and this would have put you in a stronger position. I'm afraid that by alerting the manufacturer before you are ready with all of your own authoritative assessments, you are ceding control. I hope it doesn't cause problems – but at the end of the day, all of these people are serving their own economic interests  
    • Insurance may be arranged to cover say fire, earthquake, theft, but not breakage when there is no other underlying cause for the loss.   So it is possible for Insurance to be valid with exclusions applying and for items to be excluded under Couriers t&c's.        
    • The first thing is that if you slow down a bit and read the Hermes stories on this forum, you would understand why you are completely wrong when you suggest that because the contract of carriage is between the sender and the courier, that you have no right to sue. You say that you are running your own business and so you have got things right, but if this has been your understanding while you have been running your own business – then Big Fail. On the other hand, I'm afraid that I disagree with the view of my site team colleague that you can sue the courier.   In most circumstances you certainly could – but this case, the items were made of glass. Glass is on the prohibited items list and they were broken. Often we find that couriers rely on the prohibited items list to disclaim liability even for glass items when they have been lost. In those cases, the fact that the item is made of glass is irrelevant and the courier is still liable. However, with the item is broken because it is glass – exactly the kind of risk which is foreseen in the prohibited items list – then I'm afraid that there is probably no claim. The courier service has made it clear that they won't be held liable for the consequences of the particular sensitivity of certain items – and the sender accepts that as part of the contract. What is interesting though is that you are suggesting that the item has been insured. Do you know this for a fact? I would venture to say that if the courier has accepted insurance money for an item which is on the prohibited items list, then I think that overrides the prohibited items list and on that basis I agree with my site team colleague that you can sue the courier. I'm afraid that your story is really not at all clear. I think we need to know the identity of the seller, the identity of the courier. Was insurance taken out? As the seller accessible in terms of knowing their name and address for the issue of a County Court claim? The value of the item is irrelevant and in fact if it is only £50 then I think that it is excellent that you are prepared to enforce your rights for such a small sum when many other people would simply write it off.   We can certainly help you but you need to answer my questions and set the story out in a proper chronological timeline and a bit less of the narrative please  
  • Our picks

Ultrasonic liposuction any1 tried it?

Brownguy53

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone tried ultrasonic lipo suction? I just wondered if they had and if it worked for them? Just i'm thinking too..£39 for 4 sessions and apparently it's meant to kill your fat cells from an area they target. It does say a good diet is needed next too it.

Anyone tried ultrasonic lipo suction? I just wondered if they had and if it worked for them? Just i'm thinking too..£39 for 4 sessions and apparently it's meant to kill your fat cells from an area they target. It does say a good diet is needed next too it.

Hello.

That sounds like a very low price compared with what is on google. I don't even know if it's an effective treatment, haven't come across it before. Where did you get the information from please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

How can you have ultra sound liposuction. This sounds like the old slimming gag where a women was attached to a machine with a belt around her waist that was suppose to loosen the fat particles. Did not work then so why should this ultrasound liposuction be any different

seems the latest slimming gag to get you to part with your dosh to me

You will need to avoid alcohol for 4 days after each treatment, that'll rule a few folk out then.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Remember a while back where you had i think slender slim. that's where you wore a belt of pads around you stomach and it was suppose to massage the fat away while you worked

This ultrasonic lipo has come from across the pond, if it is the miracle holy grail of weight loss, a major company would have bought the rights to it and be promoting it like mad on day time TV by now

Leave well alone and dont let any unqualified health care professional near you until you get a word of mouth recommendation, not corporate propaganda and save your cash

look at it this way

so this ultrasound liposuction just burns the fat away does it, so i ask the question

WHERE DOES THAT MELTED FAT GO THAT IS SWIMMING AROUND YOUR STOMACH

just melt a knob of butter in a saucepan and see what happens when it cools

The simple answer is that all the fat that is released heads via the bloodstream through your veins and lymphatic vessels to end up in your liver where the processing procedure commences.

The effect is as if you had just eaten a very fatty meal, except that in this case all that fat came from yourself – your stomach, hips, thighs, or whichever part of your body you had chosen to be sculpted into a new shape. Some of the fat will be used for energy instead of a meal and burned off as calories. Some other fat will be stored in the normal way and laid down again but this time evenly throughout your body and not back at the treated target areas.

In this way, ultrasonic liposuction (in the same way as surgical liposuction) is not designed to drop your weight, but restyle your figure into a more desirable shape.

A course of colonic hydrotherapy treatments will help to remove the fat cells broken down by the Ultrasonic Liposuction and processed by the liver more speedily by gently flushing the colon with warm water. This will also help to reshape your abdomen and will give you lots more energy as well as other benefits too.

Aye that's what I thought !!! :)

I would stick to that wonder cream that promised to remove cellulite, what ever happened to that, colonic irrigation was another wonder cure

so all it is designed to to is take a pinch of fat of one part of your body and deposit it in another part

KER CHING

Money for old rope :)

The simple answer is that all the fat that is released heads via the bloodstream through your veins and lymphatic vessels to end up in your liver where the processing procedure commences.

The effect is as if you had just eaten a very fatty meal, except that in this case all that fat came from yourself – your stomach, hips, thighs, or whichever part of your body you had chosen to be sculpted into a new shape. Some of the fat will be used for energy instead of a meal and burned off as calories. Some other fat will be stored in the normal way and laid down again but this time evenly throughout your body and not back at the treated target areas.

In this way, ultrasonic liposuction (in the same way as surgical liposuction) is not designed to drop your weight, but restyle your figure into a more desirable shape.

A course of colonic hydrotherapy treatments will help to remove the fat cells broken down by the Ultrasonic Liposuction and processed by the liver more speedily by gently flushing the colon with warm water. This will also help to reshape your abdomen and will give you lots more energy as well as other benefits too.

Aye that's what I thought !!! :)

Yeukk, that sounds gross.. !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeukk, that sounds gross.. !

You've no seen the pictures yet !!!

6 treatments £600 :)

You've no seen the pictures yet !!!

6 treatments £600 :)

I am sure I wont be looking to either :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am sure I wont be looking to either :lol:

:thumb: nae flies on you :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had gain lot of fat after pregnancy. I heard about ultrasonic liposuction recently. Can anyone suggest is it safe or not? Waiting for responses from everyone. Thanks in advance.

(Edit)

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed commercial link.