• Tweets

• Does an MP have to live in the constituency? I don't know. As an aside, Farage was invited onto Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart's podcast and seems to have bottled it. Nigel Farage claims Russia was provoked into Ukraine war | Nigel Farage | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Farage, who has long been accused of being a Putin apologist, tells BBC Moscow was given excuse by EU and Nato eastern...  
    • rather like frightened farages's polices - but it does make them look even more incompetent/bonkers   Farage bought a place in clacton yet - even hired an airbnb for a month?
    • Dog whistle stuff, TJ. It's highly doubtful the Tories will be around to implement this.
    • and just when you think that tory policies just couldn't get worse .. they prove you wrong Teens who refuse national service could get driving licence points under Tory plans Giving young people points on their driving licence if they opt out of national service is one option under discussion   Teens who refuse national service could get driving licence points under Tory plans INEWS.CO.UK Giving young people points on their driving licence if they opt out of national service is one option under discussion  
    • I havnt been able to access the claim form despite resetting passwords etc There are several emails back and to do you want all of them?? clients emails in italics I work long hours so sorry for the slow reply to queries on CAG     email 1-received 2 days after completion  on 18th May 2024 and after he paid in full  20th May 19.44pm I am sorry that I have to let you know how dissatisfied I am  with parts of the room that was completed by yourself. .  The door frames, where it’s all not fitting correctly with gaps and warped timber used. . Skirting boards on the curved parts where it’s been filled with a filla and not even been smoothed out. . The architrave isn’t joining correctly with one piece with a cutting taken out of it. . Sliding door, no stopper was used to stop it going all the way back and isn’t aligned to the floor. . The extractor going into the boiler where a round tubes been used to an oblong pipe. It’s also held on by gaffer tape. . The window hasn’t been packed correctly and one opening window isn’t aligned. . One piece of flooring isn’t sitting flush so will damage very quickly. . The toilet is far too close to the radiator and you can’t get up if sitting down. . The stop tap I cannot get my hand in to be able switch the tap off. . The window you are aware of that’s cracked and you are replacing. I have had to call in another builder to start work on the room next week as it’s made me very depressed.   My reply same day 2hours  later 21.32pm   I am sorry that you have felt the need to call in another builder to carry out the items that you are unhappy with,if you have lost confidence and are distressed then I accept your decision.   I would normally prefer to sort out any issues that I am made aware of before my customer feels the need to bring in somebody else to rectify problems.   If you wish  I can arrange for the replacement glass to be delivered  next week when the other person is there as I will be on holiday or I can fit it on my return and have a conversation with you on how to proceed.   Once more I apologise for any inconvenience and upset that you have felt in this situation   21st May 07.54 am I would prefer for you to fit the window and to fix the small window that isn’t fitting correctly. Also the extractor situation going into the boiler. It’s all the joinery work that will need fixing and moving the toilet.   I have brought in a joiner to fix the issues. Heather will be starting next week as I need it sorting ASAP. Perhaps you could work with him to reduce my costs. As it’s not going to be a cheap jo     21st may  08.45am Morning ........, I am at the hospital today for my ct and mri scan results  Next week I am on holiday so I wont be able to work alongside anybody then either. Do you have an estimate from Heather?  The toilet will be difficult to move to a new position hence me talking it through with you about where it was sited as the work progressed I dont feel this is an error on my part  I dont expect you to pay for rectification of my work and would prefer to do it myself but if the cost is in my opinion reasonable I will support it  The glass is due in sometime this week and if early enough I can come over to re fit it and to pass you back your key as I feel uncomfortable keeping hold of it  As soon as I know anything I will send you a message   22nd May 08.41   I want you to know that I have no bad feelings towards you and when you come to my house you will be made to feel welcome and it won’t be uncomfortable at all. The person isn’t Heather that was a predicted text word.  All want it to have the room finished and the snags completed.  Once again I have no bad feelings towards you. I hope that your visit to the hospital went well yesterday, and it was good news. Have a lovely holiday in Paris.   23rd May 09.08am   Morning ..... thank you for your kind words, I do get anxious about certain things and I haven't been on top form just lately.  The glass is due at the end of this week/ early next and I will arrange with you to come along to re-fit  and other items when I get back from Paris wc 3rd june  My hospital appointment was ok. The scans were apparently clear of metastasis ( spread) but I am being told that I do need to have treatment sooner rather than later now.   I have had 7 years knowing about the cancer and active surveillance has been good as things have been pretty much normal for me, still no great rush, I am leaning towards surgery rather than radiotherapy and likely to have treatment in 2 or 3 months time Thank you once again for your concerns and kind thoughts     My email to client on my return from holiday 3rd June 07.13 am   Good Morning ........ I hope you are well, we had a lovely holiday.   I have arranged that I can call over to your home this week to finish off any issues that you still have. I haven't been notified that the replacement glass is in the warehouse yet but will check it later this morning  Could you send me a revised list of all outstanding jobs so that I can estimate how much time is required  What days/ time after today will be best for you so that I can work around it and make sure that all is complete   3rd June 08.30 The remaining jobs what are left the builder is completing this week. The only job I would like you to do is to replace the window that was cracked and to sort out the opening window that is sloping. I guess it would be easier for you to come towards the end of the week or early next week once the builders have finished so you are not getting in each other's way, if that helps. I will send you a copy of his invoice like you mentioned to help me anyway with the costs.   10th June following telephone conversation I then called to fit the glass only to see that the whole inside works had been changed around I expressed my shock I was asked to pay £1200 towards the cost of the to which I said I wasnt prepared to take responsiblity for all of the changes only the snagging I ask for himto put a proposal in writing  which follows 10th June 11.14am On the 10th June you came to replace the window that was damaged and asked me to submit to you an email with what my outcome I would like it to be.  I understand that you were frustrated that I contacted another builder to fix all the issues that I had come across. This didn’t give you the opportunity to fix the situations. The reason I felt I needed to do this was that if you had left my home leaving the garage conversion to your best standard, I felt how could you improve on the work you have carried out. I want to highlight the issues that I had come across after you had completed the job. . Quality of skirting board that was fitted around the curved wall inside the bathroom and also in the lounge. . Toilet fitted too close to the radiator where you could potentially burn your leg . Hardly no space for you to get off the toilet when sat down, especially if you are tall. . The hot and cold feed were incorrectly placed to the wrong connection on the sink . The vanity unit isn’t suitable due to the position of the stop tap. Small hole cut in the vanity unit base to try and switch the tap off . No caulk used around the door frames . The extractor fan, where you used a plastic round tube, going to a square tube that was held on by gaffer tape. The square tube then went into a round hole on the outside, this was then filled with foam gap. . The pocket door felt like it wasn’t fixed well, the door at the bottom wasn’t sliding on to the runner very well and you had to help it onto the run. Also no lock on the door. . The boiler door frame had to be replaced due to the timber that was used. The door also was replaced due to the door being fitted to fix into the twisted door frame wood. The door had been shaved so it would fit into door frame that was twisted. The architrave used inside the boiler room was short, had a piece taken out of it. The architrave in the toilet wasn’t fitted well. . You used two single sockets for the bathroom and boiler room. Where I only needed to have I double switch. . The door frame going into the garage you left gaps between the wood and the wall. . Door handle not fixed correctly and is stiff . The window, one opening window doesn’t look level, the other you can’t open it and leave it slightly open in a lock position. . Skirting by the radiator, the hole had been cut too big and had just been filled with filler. . One plank of flooring wasn’t fitted flush and my toe caught it sitting upwards.    Like you said today we both are not happy with the outcome, where you hadn’t been given the opportunity to fix the jobs. I had lost  confidence in you completing the list above.  I wish you had looked at the bathroom situation and spoke to me about the vanity unit that wouldn’t fit correctly due to the tap. I would of paid more to get a floating sink unit and a cover built to go over the stop tap. When I had seen it when you had gone I was shocked and couldn’t get my hand in. I also wish you had asked me where I wanted the toilet to go and what the restriction was going to be due to the curved wall.    I am happy to meet half way on the cost of the builder that’s corrected my points above. His total bill came out to £2400.00   15th June 07.08 am Good morning, ........, I can confirm I have received the email I am not in agreement with the contents and as such considering my response  18th June 12.16 Eight days ago I sent you my email that you requested asking me to detail what I wanted and what the issues were. I have had no response from you on what you are going to do.  This is now impacting on my health and it is also making me not to love my home as I used to do. I have now been advised to contact Citizens advice bureau Cheshire East Council Contact small claims court If this is something that I have to do, I will be claiming for full amount of £2400.00. I shall be putting the photographs and videos together with the email on the 23rd of May where you said you get anxious at times and that you haven’t been on top form just lately. I shall give you my bank details if you will be going ahead and paying me £1200.00. If I receive the payment within 72 hours then I will not carry on with the three points I mentioned in this email. I would like to put a close to this matter as this isn’t helpful to you or I and it’s very sad it has come to this.  Regards   19th June 07.07 am Dear ....,First of all and foremost in my mind is that I do not want to fall out with you.   Please bear this in mind in all our communications   Contrary  to your email 18 June 2024 stating I had not replied  to your  previous email for 8 days ,I emailed a reply to you on Saturday Morning (3 days ago) stating that I was considering my response to your request.   I have at all times been prompt with replies and at all times notified you at each stage of the build    I  have followed up all email from you   At this time I haven't made a final decision  but I am not in agreement to pay for the extra work that you had carried at your own request out by ANO   On the 11th June I replaced the broken pane of glass. I expressed my shock at you not having only carried out the minor snags but had also gone ahead without discussing major changes to the walls and flooring and drains.     I was not given the opportunity to remedy any issues that arose from my work, in fact you told me that you had already instructed another builder less than 1 working day after completion and final payment was made   I did request an estimate prior to agreeing that ano rectify any snags.   You took it upon yourself to instruct him and in fact to carry out major works,I certainly have not agreed to pay for this nor to paying for the extra work   If you had bought a car and it developed a fault the next day I am sure you would have taken it back to the garage that you bought it from  not to another and then expect garage 1 to agree to the bill     My expectation was that the snagging would  take me less than 1 day to rectify at a cost to myself less than £300   If you were unhappy with any other aspects of the build I would have discussed them with you to make sure that you became another happy customer.   If I had carried out the minor snags I would not have needed to pay out for a third party and it would have been only time that I had lost   If you are intent on going to the small claims court I shall defend any action vigorously    Please reconsider your position in light of the above.    I do want to bring this to a conclusion as soon as possible to remove the stress  for us both.     19th June 07.37   I am not in agreement with what you have said. I feel £300 doesn’t even cover the materials that had to be used.    I feel that you and I won’t agree so I do feel the only way forward is for me now to go forward to the small claims court.  It will be best for them to make the decision on your side and also my side. Regards     Claim form issued  19th June not been able to download as yet 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ultrasonic liposuction any1 tried it?

Brownguy53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone tried ultrasonic lipo suction? I just wondered if they had and if it worked for them? Just i'm thinking too..£39 for 4 sessions and apparently it's meant to kill your fat cells from an area they target. It does say a good diet is needed next too it.

Anyone tried ultrasonic lipo suction? I just wondered if they had and if it worked for them? Just i'm thinking too..£39 for 4 sessions and apparently it's meant to kill your fat cells from an area they target. It does say a good diet is needed next too it.

Hello.

That sounds like a very low price compared with what is on google. I don't even know if it's an effective treatment, haven't come across it before. Where did you get the information from please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

How can you have ultra sound liposuction. This sounds like the old slimming gag where a women was attached to a machine with a belt around her waist that was suppose to loosen the fat particles. Did not work then so why should this ultrasound liposuction be any different

seems the latest slimming gag to get you to part with your dosh to me

You will need to avoid alcohol for 4 days after each treatment, that'll rule a few folk out then.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Remember a while back where you had i think slender slim. that's where you wore a belt of pads around you stomach and it was suppose to massage the fat away while you worked

This ultrasonic lipo has come from across the pond, if it is the miracle holy grail of weight loss, a major company would have bought the rights to it and be promoting it like mad on day time TV by now

Leave well alone and dont let any unqualified health care professional near you until you get a word of mouth recommendation, not corporate propaganda and save your cash

look at it this way

so this ultrasound liposuction just burns the fat away does it, so i ask the question

WHERE DOES THAT MELTED FAT GO THAT IS SWIMMING AROUND YOUR STOMACH

just melt a knob of butter in a saucepan and see what happens when it cools

The simple answer is that all the fat that is released heads via the bloodstream through your veins and lymphatic vessels to end up in your liver where the processing procedure commences.

The effect is as if you had just eaten a very fatty meal, except that in this case all that fat came from yourself – your stomach, hips, thighs, or whichever part of your body you had chosen to be sculpted into a new shape. Some of the fat will be used for energy instead of a meal and burned off as calories. Some other fat will be stored in the normal way and laid down again but this time evenly throughout your body and not back at the treated target areas.

In this way, ultrasonic liposuction (in the same way as surgical liposuction) is not designed to drop your weight, but restyle your figure into a more desirable shape.

A course of colonic hydrotherapy treatments will help to remove the fat cells broken down by the Ultrasonic Liposuction and processed by the liver more speedily by gently flushing the colon with warm water. This will also help to reshape your abdomen and will give you lots more energy as well as other benefits too.

Aye that's what I thought !!! :)

I would stick to that wonder cream that promised to remove cellulite, what ever happened to that, colonic irrigation was another wonder cure

so all it is designed to to is take a pinch of fat of one part of your body and deposit it in another part

KER CHING

Money for old rope :)

The simple answer is that all the fat that is released heads via the bloodstream through your veins and lymphatic vessels to end up in your liver where the processing procedure commences.

The effect is as if you had just eaten a very fatty meal, except that in this case all that fat came from yourself – your stomach, hips, thighs, or whichever part of your body you had chosen to be sculpted into a new shape. Some of the fat will be used for energy instead of a meal and burned off as calories. Some other fat will be stored in the normal way and laid down again but this time evenly throughout your body and not back at the treated target areas.

In this way, ultrasonic liposuction (in the same way as surgical liposuction) is not designed to drop your weight, but restyle your figure into a more desirable shape.

A course of colonic hydrotherapy treatments will help to remove the fat cells broken down by the Ultrasonic Liposuction and processed by the liver more speedily by gently flushing the colon with warm water. This will also help to reshape your abdomen and will give you lots more energy as well as other benefits too.

Aye that's what I thought !!! :)

Yeukk, that sounds gross.. !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeukk, that sounds gross.. !

You've no seen the pictures yet !!!

6 treatments £600 :)

You've no seen the pictures yet !!!

6 treatments £600 :)

I am sure I wont be looking to either :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am sure I wont be looking to either :lol:

:thumb: nae flies on you :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had gain lot of fat after pregnancy. I heard about ultrasonic liposuction recently. Can anyone suggest is it safe or not? Waiting for responses from everyone. Thanks in advance.

(Edit)

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed commercial link.