County court default judgement - appeal?

frezi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier this year I was getting a lot of letters from some solicitors, claiming that I owed American Express money. Unsure why, I phoned them up to inform them that I had never had any dealings with them, no credit cards or anything else. After that I presumed the matter resolved.

Anyway, in February I received a letter to say that it had been taken to court. I submitted a defence online via MCOL stating that I had never had any dealings with American Express, never had a credit card in my life, that there had been nothing submitted to show that I owed anyone money (e.g. credit agreement) and I refused to pay it. It said the defence was submitted so I left it at that.

Lo and behold exactly one month later, I got a letter saying that a default judgement had been made against me as I had apparently not replied to the claim form. I logged on to MCOL and it shows the date I submitted my defence and also the date judgement was made. Nothing else.

Sorry for the long post but could anyone tell me what action I can take, I'm obviously not happy and have no idea of what's going on. Can I appeal this at all?

Thanks for reading