Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • First of all, liability is completely with the seller. Not only that, because the seller assessed the situation and specified a particular solution for £2034, that is all you should have to pay even though it now turns out that the equipment you need is more expensive. In other words, there is no reason why should have to pay a single penny more than the original agreed or expected price. A contract is an exchange of reasonable expectations. Lumb expected to receive £2034. You are expected to receive a solution to your glass washing problem. He did not contract for a specific machine. You contracted for a specification which you were informed by an experienced professional would satisfy the needs of your business. You paid 100% – but you received in exchange less than 100%. Even though the required equipment might be more expensive than that which was specified, if that's what it takes to provide the solution that was promised to you by Lumb, then that's what you are entitled to get and you shouldn't be required to pay any more for it. Please let me know if this is getting a bit too technical in legal terms. I understand that the moment that you don't have an adequate glass washing machine. Clearly for the sake of your business, you need to get this issue resolved quickly. If you hold out and have an argument about money which has to be paid or not paid et cetera then you may well find yourself several months down the line without the last washing machine that you need. You may well find that you will have to sue Lumb on the contract that you made. Obviously you are better placed than me to understand what you need and what you can afford, but I would recommend that the best thing to do is to pay whatever Lumb demands at the moment in order to get your existing glass washing machine exchanged for the model which addresses your needs – and effectively provides you with the solution that you paid for in the first place. Then afterwards, sue Lumb for the money back. We'll be happy to help you. I would rate your chances of success at better than 90% in the County Court. An added advantage of this is that once you have the new machine in place, you will be able to assess its effectiveness and its adequacy to your needs – on the off chance that also has been under specified. Handling it this way will have the advantage that you will have a new machine installed probably in a week or so, you can get on with your business, and then you can embark on a reasonably cheap piece of litigation because the amount of money that you will be suing for won't be too great. The alternative will be to stick with your existing machine, having to put up with the inconvenience et cetera and then eventually suing Lumb for a much larger figure – the value of the replacement machine. An additional advantage would be that if you are suing for smaller sum, then it is much more likely that Lumb will put his hands up and pay you out because it simply won't be worth his while digging in on a dispute with only a few hundred pounds. Of course you can't guarantee this. Some people take this kind of thing personally and they try to resist even though it makes absolutely no business sense at all. If you want to do this, then you possibly need to flag up to lump that you're prepared to go along with what he is insisting but also make it clear that you're not happy about it. You certainly shouldn't sign anything that says that you agree this in settlement of all disputes. Or anything like it. If you end up being presented with something like that then let us know. But probably that will mean that you will have to sue for the new machine with all the business inconvenience that that entails.   Of course if you feel that you need to retain a good relationship with Lumb because of possible future dealings, then you may need to consider your entire approach to this problem. Another part solution might be to threaten Lumb with an action for all of the excess costs of the new machine plus the engineers visit – and then back down and agree to pay the entire cost of the new machine as well as he will forgive the engineers visit. This is a compromise that Lumb might find attractive because he will be able to save some Face. Often it's all about Face. Frankly if you think you don't need the guy in the future then I would be going for the lot – but you know your own business interests better than I do. Does this make sense?  
    • Ok another update and its all rather confusing, ive been trying to work this out for hours now and I cannot make any sense from it all.   Apparently the meter was put in on the 1st of April, I was sure it was July. However what makes sense is that I gave a reading in August, which I thought was for the month but it was for the quarter. I must of written it down wrong for a monthly reading, when it should have been written down as a quarter reading. I may have wrote the date down wrong when to read the meter.  However I do know that I contacted bulb a week before the meter went in, that I am very sure of. Which would of been about the 27th, They have it registered that I gave a reading on the 29th of March. However they have an opening reading from the 12th of March.    Im confused with that date as I know I contacted them a few days before and they put the meter in as an emergency and was definitely done the following week. Despite my memory being shot at the moment I do have some dates written down and the date of the change is on my meter. However its a little hard to read, it does look like the 1st of the 4th but it can also look like the 1st of the 7th. I was with 2 previous companies so July would make better sense. I moved into the property mid January, EON was the provider and I changed that within the first month so would have been February, then I went with OVO and changed them as they couldnt provide the normal meter for about 6 months at the time so changed to Scottish power. I know I was with them for at least a month before I contacted Bulb as they also couldnt change the meter to a credit meter.    So April doesnt seem to fit here. Im still trying to find any paperwork I might have to verify all this but I know everything was done via phone and online. I wish everything went back to paper bills, it was so much easier to try and trace back.    Anyway they have done a closing account for the prepayment and im a little confused at this.   The charges from the 12th of March 2019 to the 4th of April 2019 are £376.91.     Now I know that there is no way I put this amount in the prepayment meter. I had no heating on in that month, I remember it was such a mild Spring and I rarely had any heating on as this bungalow is very well insulated. The most I topped up in just one week was £25. So how they can justify that amount, I cant even guess.    Im worried they will use this amount to estimate my usage. I still cant get to read my meter, even if I stand on a ladder as its so high up and it just looks like a bunch of zeros, Ive even taken a photo but it still looks like a bunch of zeros, even when blown up. It was hard to balance on a step ladder as it was with one hand trying to take a photo, so not the best.   Ive managed to get into a link they sent me, its a portal. The balance is showing nil owing. and there are no statements showing.    So basically all they have sent is a closing balance on the prepayment meter and log in details for a portal with zero balance. Ive requested the meter be read. Which I keep asking for, but my landlord will come and try read it for me so I can send it.  Im just worried when I do im going to get such a large bill I cant pay. These people just seem so elusive on what I should do despite asking these questions. The only answers im getting doesnt seem to make any sense.    I know its partly my fault, I should of kept at them, but its not been an easy couple of years. 
    • But they added £60 on top of the £100 before court costs Thanks though, how do i file a defence , do i do it by hand?
    • If the hire purchase agreement ends in your husband's name then it will be your husband who will have to bring any complaints, bring any legal proceedings – et cetera. Write to Blue Motor Finance in the way that I have suggested. Point out that you have asserted your rights under the consumer rights act to reject the vehicle and that is the end of the matter. Tell them to start making arrangements to refund your the money and tell them that you won't stand for any nonsense. If you have pointed out to them already tell them that there will be legal proceedings unless they sorted out extremely quickly. What have you done to get rid of the car? If you've got Blue Motor Finance's prevarication in an email that that is excellent and you will use that against them. This thread has already been tweeted out to them and they will see the tweet on Monday and they will understand that they are been discussed on social media – and that it doesn't look very good. I'm sorry to say that you have to keep the pressure on very hard. You expect this of these kind of car dealers. You don't expect it of a regulated finance company – but am afraid that some of the poorer ones do act like this all too often. You can certainly call them if you want. What you definitely want to see what a reference number and if you call them tell them that it is a complaint. You can also tell them that they are been discussed on social media. Please keep us updated. I'm afraid that this is unlikely to be the end of it.  
    • So got the official judgement  sealed on 15th June , but refers to handed down 9th June    doesn’t say when to pay by - is it 14 days of the 9th or 15th (to stop any enforcement) or 28 days from 15th or 9th to stop it appearing on credit file ?   also I’m hoping it’s the legal jargon -    bur says each defendant is to pay  £25,000 and interest £1644    I know I brought his up before , but it’s just legal jargon for each defendant is liable to pay for the £25,0”” and £1644    rhey don’t actually order us to pay 54,000 for a  25k claim ???!!    
  • Our picks

HSBC - Card Guard, CPP claim


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi All

 

Having spend a bit of time reading some threds this evening, I have been inspired to take on HSBC.

 

When I opened a student account with them in September 1999, I was told I 'may as well' have a credit card - for emergencyies - and that their card protection came with it. I was told I should take it out as I could put all my other cards from other banks on it too. (I remember this bit clearly as my mother wasn't all too keen on sending me off to university with a credit card!!)

 

The policy was annual and they write to tell me when they are taking the next payment. This is always something that I thought I needed as that was what I was told at the outset and I have never thought otherwise....until now!

 

When completed my personal banking this evening, it would seem that I have had my HSBC account upgraded. Reading someone of the perks I get as standard made me think carefully about the annual policy and if there is anypoint to it.

 

Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that I don't.

 

I hope someone will be able to help with with a few questions. Is this the kind of thing that I can claim back? I feel I was mis-sold this policy and the fact that I was only 18 at the time of taking it out, they probably saw a young girl about to leave home for the first time!! What should I do next? I am happy to write to the bank, and have some idea of quotes and things I can put in the letter to let them know I am serious.

 

Can anyone give me any more advice? Have I got a claim or not?

 

Many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes you can reclaim it but through CPP

 

have moved you to the CPP forum.

 

click the blue CPP group plc up top in blue

 

and have a read

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

read the yellow stickies

 

and other peoples threads esp martin3030

 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?356-CPP-Group-Plc you are in this forum already

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much! I have had a read and written a letter. I have explained in the letter that the customer service advisor failed to explain the policy to me and consider if it was in my best interests etc etc. I have also put that I was made to feelt that I had to have the policy - I hope it is enough.

 

Should I just given them 14 days to respond? I feel that I need some offical jargon to put at the end about what would happen should they fail to respond - do you have any ideas or phases?

 

really appreciate your help - I really have no idea if I am doing the right thing!!

 

Elsie

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 weeks sadly.

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Actually cancelled my CPP back in 2007 but got a letter through the post so filled it in using one of the many "advice posts" on here. Just banked a cheque for £83.09

My girlfriend had hers returned so again used one of the "advice posts" on here and got a cheque for £209 BONUS.

Many thanks to all who posted great info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...