• Tweets

• DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
    • Just to clarify then, should the reason I am disputing the debt be that they have not supplied all the relevant paperwork (CCA) and the debt is therefore unenforcable?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC Bank PPI Reply- Sold to TBI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have chased this myself as my claims company in 2010 were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Basically HFC apparently made an offer in 2010 via the claims company which I never received. After not hearing I totally forgot about my claim until recently when i contacted HFC bank. Apparently they had made an offer of £2600 but they wanted to pay this to TBI Financial Services. I never received any of this correspondance. I wrote to them challenging this as it according to this forum and other forums not legal to pay a third party the PPI refund. I have taken a photo of their latest letter ( we are going round in circles ) and they state this is their final response. Could someone take a look and advise please as I am not one to let this outfit get away with this.There phrase " we have the obligation to forward the PPI on " is surely not a legal one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42915[/ATTACH]

The image is too small to read. You need to convert it to PDF and post up the PDF please.

Use this method by dx100uk

to scan up a file follow:

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try http://www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

If they have sold the debt then they have no right to set this off against the account and you should insist that they refund it to you or else you will issue proceedings against them for the return of your money.

There is case law on 3rd party set-off....Edlington Properties - v- J H Fenner

Tell them again that they have no right of set-off.

Quote them the case law to back up your request.

Tell them that if they do not refund the money direct to you then you will issue against them through the courts.

I would remove the reference to them be fraudulent.

Also I would replace references to "illegal" with "unlawful"

If it were me I would not be "respectfully requesting" I would be demanding.

There has been correspondence on this before so if you want to make this a Letter Before Action (as indicated by the end of your letter) then head it as such. You will then have complied with the pre-action protocols for the courts.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, reply today from HFC regarding the above. Looks like making some real progress but I need some advice as they are wriggling.

Basically a way prior to them selling to TBI , we entered into an IVA but then decided that it was too costly and made arrangements to pay off the debts direct with the lenders. As you will see HFC are asking for some documentation regarding this , however as they sold the debt onto TBI I cannot see how this has any relevance to my claim. Obviously if I am incorrect please let me know. Letter Attached, please advise how to reply to this . We do not think we have any of the documentation they are asking for , but to be honest cannot see why they would require it as they sold the debt.

This is the first mention of an IVA.

I assume from what you say that this did not complete and that you pulled out of it.

Where HFC one of the debts included in it?

How were they dealt with if the IVA was cancelled/terminated?

Have you got any documentation about the cancellation of the IVA?

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. We did not complete IVA, HFC was included in it, HFC then sold the debt onto TBI who we have been paying, I do not believe we have any docs, but will check the cellar. How does this affect things?

Hope its a wine cellar :lol:

So HFC should already be aware that you cancelled the IVA.

When you say you entered into payment plans with the creditors yourself, did you do one with HFC and were any payments made to them under this new plan?

Sorry for all the questions...just need to be clear so that we can work out the best way just to hit HFC with a decent response to their whinings.

I wish I had a wine cellar, after the day I have had!!!:!:

I really do appreciate all your help on this.

Yes HFC will be aware that the IVA was cancelled. We didnt make any payment plan with HFC, as they literally just sold it to TBI as I received the deed from them. TBI then set up the payment plan with me after a threat of stat demand. No payments were made to HFC whatsoever.

Ok what I would do is write back and tell them that no IVA exists. Make sure you use that phrase and not the word "existed".

You then go on to say that accordingly there is no reason to be requesting information that they have suggested in their letter and that you now require the refund of your money forthwith. Tell them that, having previously agreed that they mis-sold you, there is absolutely no valid reason why they should withhold payment and that you require them to refund you within 14 days.

If you really want to get strong with them you can add a bit to the effect that you have sought independent advice on this matter and that failure to refund you your money will result in likely court proceedings against them.

Hi Madgreek, your letters are impressive, I am having a similar problem myself, would you mind if I used parts of your first letter? do you have some legal background or just good at writing these letters either way will try to do mine some justice! good luck will watch with interest

Hi FishPie, You are more than welcome to use any parts you need. I have no legal background and to be honest without the help from this Forum and in particular IMS21, I would have struggled.Good Luck

Just little points really...this paragraph

Accordingly there is no reason to be requesting information suggested in your letter and X now

require the refund of my money forthwith

needs an "I" where I have marked a red X

In respect of this..

I would also like to convey that I have sought independent legal advice on this matter and that

failure to refund my money will result in likely court proceedings against HFC bank.

I would perhaps change it to something like

"Having considered this whole matter further and having taken independent advice, I put you on notice that your failure to refund my money to me within 14 days of the date of this letter will result in a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service together with appropriate Legal Proceedings against HFC Bank"

Other than that I think you are good to go.