speed credit & NDR threatening bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we had a debt with Speed Credit (now no longer trading)

our DMC were not dealing with our creditors as best as they should of been

and so took the debts back ourselves.

Speed Credit had escalated to over £2500.

We contact Speed Credit who agreed to monthly payments of £40 to be paid on the 1st of each month and reduced the debt to £1600.

Once they ceased trading about 4 days ago we receive an email at 04.16am requesting payment (we had already paid £40 to Speed Credit)

and then another payment of £40 to NDR.

The text said the amount outstanding was £1520 and that no payment had been received ....

. thats funny as when they took the debt it was at £1560 and so take off the payment of £40 (which they say they have not received) takes it to £1520.

We are now getting inundated with texts and calls saying the bailiffs will be calling ...... whatever ................

They took over the debt less than a week ago and already threatening Bailiffs, who happen to be linked to the same company.

Lets see how this unfolds.. any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by angelscrubs

they can do nothing of the sort

just stay off the phone

if you want

wind them up

and text back that marshall are not bailiffs

but like themselves

a powerless DCA.

go play elsewhere.

check your cra file has not been trashed

see below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Inform the oft as a priority

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I think the original debt was for something like £300.

I wish they would make their mind up who is dealing with it whether it be NDR or Marshall Hoare as it seem the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I will be compiling all the things over the weekend at least then it will be a 5 day period and then I will forward it all onto the OFT. We are paying what we agreed with Speed Credit and so they cannot ask for anymore and the £40 agreed also confirmed that no more interest would be added. We shall see what they come up with.

• 1 month later...

Well we worked out a payment plan of £40 per month and still the texts arrive and emails saying bailiff visits, one said its because you paid it earlier than the agreed payment date ............... oh please....... and still texts and emails from NDR and Marshall Hoare Bailiffs --- hhmm same address and yet they do not know what each other are doing.

Email then saying they had not received payment as it had failed on the 2nd May yet it came out of our bank and so called them after received email wanting to add over £300 of charges and they said "oh yes we have received it" strange that.

Well now it's letter writing time that should these not stop then I will be taking them to court for harrassment!!!

Any further help is greatly appreciated x

Report them. Don't shrug it off, you must report them to the oft. forget the court for harassment, as it wont stand as they see it as a civil matter unfortunately.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi

When I do the letter I will cc in OFT and enclose all the emails that they have sent over the last month, I will not shrug this off as when I get a bee in my bonnet I will keep going :-)

Get that complaint in asap. They have until the end of this month to clean up their act or be shut down.

OFT is currently investigating 50 Payday lenders who regularly violate OFT guidance on debt collection as well as other aspects of regulation. They have until the end of the month to clean up their act or face sanctions.

OFT is currently investigating 50 Payday lenders who regularly violate OFT guidance on debt collection as well as other aspects of regulation. They have until the end of the month to clean up their act or face sanctions.

thats good to know, thanks