Final demand Liverpool

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I've got a situation I could really do with some help on please,,, long story,,,

I was thinking about buying a second hand stump grinder from a a company called liston equipment for £7200.

They said I could take the machine on loan for a demo.

I took them up on this, I had to get insurance for the machine myself as stated by liston.

I did this but as I was busy I got my mother to deal with it for me so she done the insurance in her name.

I picked the machine up Monday and took it to a building site we were working on and

on the Thursday the site was broken into and the stump grinder was stolen!!!

This was a bit of a pain but the insurance said they would pay the £7200 - £500 access.

Liston equipment was not happy and rang my insurance saying they wanted £20.000 as that was the replacement value,

myself and insurance company said no way they should be happy with the market value.

There was a lot of messing around as after that the insurance tried to get out of it all together but in the end and

After a bit of hassle we got the £6700 paid into mum account and I met up with chris the boss of liston who I gave the money.

It was done out of hours and was a case of just counting it out as I have it to him.

I then get a phone call from my mother saying chris had phoned her saying he'd receive no money and was going to sue her for 20:000 as her name was on the insurance??!!

I rang up straight away and said what do you think your playing ?! Leave my 65 year old mother alone! Con artist !

So that was that,,,

, until she get a phone call from final demand Liverpool a guy called Steve hazzel

who swore at her and said if she did not pay £ 16000 he would make her bankrupt in 7 days??

I've contacted them and liston and by the looks of it they are saying I have not paid them anything

and now they are trying to get 16000 off mother because she is a home owner etc.

What are we supposed to do??

I can't actually prove I Hanes him the 6700 but can prove we took it out of the bank

Can this happen ?

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'm checking which is the best forum for your query and it will probably be moved later.

Please leave people's names out of what you post, I don't think we need them.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I am not a professional at all and can only give you some advice which you may well have thought of yourself. Firstly I would contact a solicitor, maybe even go and make a police statement that this man is threatening your mother. Did you not get a receipt or anything? That was a little foolish but I imagine you know that. Where abouts did this transaction take place. Perhaps if it was in a public place there maybe be cameras showing the exchange. I'm not sure I have any other advice really - I would get a solicitor defo.

It's just a waiting game.....

:p;):lol: 8-)

Nat West Won = £4008 03/07 :D

Prelim Letter to Cap One - 25/01/08

Rejection Letter to Cap One - 03/02/08

LBA to Cap One - 11/02/08

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Welcome - 25/01/08

Received Statements - 08/02/08

No receipt, this was dragging on for over 6 monthes and by the end it was just a relief to get it paid, if was just before Christmas so i was just rushed. Very foolish on my behalf though!

But can they sue my mum as her name was on insurance?