kconroy

Information under incorrect linked address on credit file.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2411 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

On my credit file there are two defaulted account associated with a linked address. I have no link with this address at all, it is a apartment block up the road from mine that is often mistaken for mine as the addresses appear similar. However, the accounts are mine and they are registered in my name. I know it is a long shot but before i contact them to rectify this would i have anything to argue to try remove these defaults on this basis?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Yes of course you can challenge this, the data is incorrect and must be changed,

First you need to check all the credit reference agencies, Experian/Equifax/CallCredit to

see if they have think linked address to.

The way forward is to write THE DATA CONTROLLER of each credit reference agency enclosing a screen print of the entry and some form of proof of your accurate address and make a statement of disassociation regarding the linked address.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

All that will happen is the address will be corrected, the accounts will remain until the default dates are 6 years old as this is your accounts.

The entry will be removed entirely, it is not your debt/account the whole thing goes.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

They admit the debt is theirs so the linked address will be amended to the correct address with the accounts remaining attached to this, they will then drop off after 6 years from default. The CRA has obviously matched them to the incorrect similar address as the accounts display their correct address.

Very unlikely to succeed.