• Tweets

• It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mr. Osborne's next sick move.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, amazing hyperbole. Did Osborne actually say that, or is it a figment of your imagination? The truth is that Philpott is a killer and that he lived on welfare payments. Or do you disagree?

He also used to be a soldier............... Does it make ex-soldiers more likely to kill their children?

And he's a, I don't know, white man... Does it make white men more likely to kill their children?

A Northerner................................ Does it make Northerners more likely to kill their children?

He has a moustache........................ Does it make moustachioed people more likely to kill their children?

Antone might have used a hyperbole, but you seem to be quite happy to use sophisms!

Do you know anything about the man and his struggles? Any ideas as to how he made a living when he left the Army? I suggest you do a little research and maybe then you will understand. He's one of the very few in either the government or opposition front benches who knows what life is really like.

Oh yes, there was a cracking tearjerker of a set piece, yesterday I believe, was it in the Express or the Mail? where he made an even complete fool of himself, by trying to tell a sycophantic journo a tearjerker of a story on his struggles. Sounded like it had be written by the same agency that produces the Hovis ads, and was about as credible.

Even the usual readership of the paper, normally gullible beyond description, were taking the pee out of him, it was that ridiculous.

Edit: Here is the article if anyone has a stomach strong enough:

IDS - Mein Kampf

Edited by Crazy Diamond
adding link

He failed to mention his father in law has a two million pound Tudor farm house in Buckingham that he lives on rent free, That is besides his second home a £300,000 constituency mansion in chingford essex

Most of the money from the sale of their Fulham home, after they moved in with their in-laws, was spent on their children’s private education. Their eldest son went to a state primary school and won a scholarship to Eton.

A recurring pattern emerges here of a lying, underhand man (hardly a credit to his regiment) who persistently free loads, initially from his girlfriend and then, when she becomes his wife, from her family. how disgraceful that in the course of their life together he has never supported his wife and children by providing them with a roof over their heads but consistently offloaded this responsibility onto others, all the while insisting he has never received any money from his wife's family. what utter hypocrisy.

A real poor boy with no family support living off of bread and dripping in a single room bedsit, excuse me while i go and puke

Edited by squaddie

Wow, amazing hyperbole. Did Osborne actually say that, or is it a figment of your imagination? The truth is that Philpott is a killer and that he lived on welfare payments. Or do you disagree?

Good grief. Of course Osborne didn't say that. Of course I was using hyperbole. Did you think I was keeping it a secret? I could hyperbolise for Scotland.

Are you following along? Right, let's start.

Mick Philpott killed his kids. He was on benefits. Can we draw any general conclusions about benefit claimants based on the fact that a lunatic killed his kids?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

He also used to be a soldier............... Does it make ex-soldiers more likely to kill their children?

And he's a, I don't know, white man... Does it make white men more likely to kill their children?

A Northerner................................ Does it make Northerners more likely to kill their children?

He has a moustache........................ Does it make moustachioed people more likely to kill their children?

Antone might have used a hyperbole, but you seem to be quite happy to use sophisms!

We're apparently into "Hitler was a vegetarian" territory now. And I apologise for the Godwinisation, but it seems justified.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

We're apparently into "Hitler was a vegetarian" territory now. And I apologise for the Godwinisation, but it seems justified.

Yep, indeedy, I had forgotten that one.

Interesting point about Godwin's Law, actually, which we've been debating on disability boards etc, what's your opinion?

Godwin's Law supposedly invalidates an argument, right?

But what happens when the argument is on how this government's policies are in direct parallel to the Nazi ones? When the rhetoric used is the same one Hitler used to hammer whole slices of the population? When it is in fact no longer a hyperbole, but a stark reminder that history is being repeated, and ignored by so many until it may be to late?

I say it is perfectly legitimate to use the Nazi analogy now because it's no longer an analogy, but a direct comparison.

What do you think?

Yep, indeedy, I had forgotten that one.

Interesting point about Godwin's Law, actually, which we've been debating on disability boards etc, what's your opinion?

Godwin's Law supposedly invalidates an argument, right?

But what happens when the argument is on how this government's policies are in direct parallel to the Nazi ones? When the rhetoric used is the same one Hitler used to hammer whole slices of the population? When it is in fact no longer a hyperbole, but a stark reminder that history is being repeated, and ignored by so many until it may be to late?

I say it is perfectly legitimate to use the Nazi analogy now because it's no longer an analogy, but a direct comparison.

What do you think?

Feels more like Animal Farm to me.....

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Do you know anything about the man and his struggles?

Err yes, it's in the Mail article.

Any ideas as to how he made a living when he left the Army?

Ho hum, yes it's in the Mail article.

I suggest you do a little research and maybe then you will understand.

I don't need to, it's all in the Mail article.

I'm sure IDS will take solace in the knowledge that apart from the ever doting Betsy he has , hang on let me think...........one supporter, as opposed to the 458.866 (as of 04:47 08/04/13) who have signed the petition.

A handy link to the petition, to assist you in your research. https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

Edited by osdset
  • Confused 1

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Oh yes, there was a cracking tearjerker of a set piece, yesterday I believe, was it in the Express or the Mail? where he made an even complete fool of himself, by trying to tell a sycophantic journo a tearjerker of a story on his struggles. Sounded like it had be written by the same agency that produces the Hovis ads, and was about as credible.

Even the usual readership of the paper, normally gullible beyond description, were taking the pee out of him, it was that ridiculous.

IDS - Mein Kampf

Err yes, it's in the Mail article.

Ho hum, yes it's in the Mail article.

I don't need to, it's all in the Mail article.

I'm sure IDS will take solace in the knowledge that apart from the ever doting Betsy he has , hang on let me think...........one supporter, as opposed to the 458.866 (as of 04:47 08/04/13) who have signed the petition.

A handy link to the petition, to assist you in your research. https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press, I know exactly who reads the papers: the Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; the Times is read by people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; and the The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

hmm, I wonder why they don't mention the Express in that script ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Goodwins Law was mentioned earlier and i would just like to do a comparable on today with Facts

Being disabled is expensive to the state, would it not be a kindness if we did not have so many claiming state aid.

we have terrorists out there with hooked noses, born of a culture alien to our own with cray rules about bacon and beards, they are rich and have more money than us and are slowly buying our country from beneath us. They have infiltrated the biggest media organisations to spread their lies. they are enemies of reason and our way of life. The media need stricter controls and be shut down. We will bring stricter controls on media reporting their ideas of the news that the government is split, and that its ministers cant be trusted.

We need to make the public trust and believe us again

WHO DO YOU THINK SAID THAT, HAGUE, SMITH, NO IT WAS ADOLF HITLER WHEN HE ROSE TO POWER IN 1929.

Notice the similarities in the rhetoric we are being subjected to today

He argued the disabled placed a burden on the healthy, he led a coalition government from 1933, he used a fire in the German parliament to blame his enemies (sound familiar 911) he abolished Human Rights (who is now trying to withdraw from the human rights act)

abolished Habeas corpus (detention without trial/control orders), Freedom of speech (Section 5 Public Order Act and Section 50 Police Reform Act) Clamping down on the right to protest

Is it not ironic that eighty years later, the very countries and people that fought against this ideology, WE ARE NOW DOING THE SAME IN THIS COUNTRY

Like Germany in the 1920s, we had a boom which was built on debt, half of Europe is broke as a result, there are protests all over Europe (never reported in the UK media) everyone getting poorer, a tax system in a mess, AND WE ARE BEING ENCOURAGED TO HATE (Benefit scrounger ,Shirkers v Strivers)

Germans were told to hate the Jews because they controlled all the money. In Britain we are told to hate the bankers and rich Arabs. We are told the disabled are putting it on, the poor are dragging us down to join them. OUR ONLY HOPE IS TO BLAME, HATE, AND TURN AWAY FROM OTHERS.

“Truth is the greatest enemy of the state” (Goebbels)

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

How true the above from constant negative spin daily from government ministers, and with sections of the media daily ramming down our throat scroungers, benefit fraudsters, immigration, all orchestrated by media barons with their own political agenda

I FOR ONE AM NOT A SHEEP, AND WILL OPPOSE THIS POLITICAL DOGMA AND RAISE AWARENESS THROUGH ALL FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA, I WILL NOT BE SILENCED

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just to remind everyone,it was Maggie and the Tory party in the 80/90s that caused the current problem with benefit reform.....

Encouraging people on unemployment benefit to claim Invalidity benefit and get the unemployment figures down,which never worked !

Changing mobility allowance to DLA self assessment,which lead to the abuse of the system

So yes Maggie and the Tory party have a lot to answer for ....

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

IDS - Mein Kampf

I don't much like the Daily Mail. Duncan Smith has been in the public eye for ages, so there have been plenty of articles about him over the years. What I did read yesterday was this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/iain-duncan-smith?INTCMP=SRCH

Can we draw any general conclusions about benefit claimants based on the fact that a lunatic killed his kids?

No. We shouldn't.

Should we ask questions about a man who has 17 kids but has no intention of working whatsoever? Yes.

so why were two government ministers on TV talking about the phillpotts crime, then all of a sudden condemning there life style

why were two government ministers even talking to the press on the phillpott crimes, let alone them being on benefits

so why were two government ministers on TV talking about the phillpotts crime, then all of a sudden condemning there life style

why were two government ministers even talking to the press on the phillpott crimes, let alone them being on benefits

You need to ask them that.

no i am asking you on your opinion, that's what this whole argument is about

do you agree on there comments or do you not think it was ill advised making such comments for party political reasons, or a cheap shot about keeping welfare in the news

no i am asking you on your opinion, that's what this whole argument is about

do you agree on there comments or do you not think it was ill advised making such comments for party political reasons, or a cheap shot about keeping welfare in the news

That's not what you asked. However, if you ask for my opinion, then they are entitled to talk about anything they want. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with questioning Philpott's right to live a life on welfare with no intention of working. I can't see what the fuss is about to be honest.

so you think the phillpot crimes justified it to being such a pressing matter of state, that two government ministers had to comment on it on live TV when it was a judicial matter, not a government issue

is that what you are saying

so you think the phillpot crimes justified it to being such a pressing matter of state, that two government ministers had to comment on it on live TV when it was a judicial matter, not a government issue

is that what you are saying

No, that's not what I'm saying. Government Ministers make all kinds of statements on all kinds of things all of the time - very often unconnected to the thing that they are really there to talk about. Why they chose to talk about this, I haven't a clue, but it doesn't bother me.