Mr. Osborne's next sick move.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad someone else has been thinking the same thing..

Hi jadeybags,

Since I logged on to CAG tonight, I've listened to a few UK talk radio stations. They are talking about nothing else and the majority of opinion seems to come down against darling George. I've stated my thoughts on the subject and I know others will but lets see what the media makes of it over the next few days.

regards pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

Hi jadeybags,

Since I logged on to CAG tonight, I've listened to a few UK talk radio stations. They are talking about nothing else and the majority of opinion seems to come down against darling George. I've stated my thoughts on the subject and I know others will but lets see what the media makes of it over the next few days.

regards pitcher

They'll just keep going until a big event happens to put on the front page to brush it under the carpet (I'm seeing North Korea coming up the outside lane about to take over) & the countries poorest will have to live on Tesco Value toast 7 days a week.

This person has a point..

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/open-letter-to-telegraph.html?spref=fb

I know it's the wrong thread, but didn't know where to shove it ...

MP's rebuttal of the 900,000 quitting IB claim.

Hi raeUK,

You don't know where to shove it? Come on rae!

I think a certain part of Grant Shapps anatomy will do just fine.

My best

pitcher

EDIT. I forgot to say it's a first class link. I hope enough people read it.

They'll just keep going until a big event happens to put on the front page to brush it under the carpet (I'm seeing North Korea coming up the outside lane about to take over) & the countries poorest will have to live on Tesco Value toast 7 days a week.

This person has a point..

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/open-letter-to-telegraph.html?spref=fb

yes, it's a good link, I've read it. Have a look at RaeUK link on this thread, I don't need to say any more.

pitcher

Edit. Oh you got there first.

im sorry but ur saying he was getting 500£aweek for 5kids thats£100 per kid dont think so

Typical daily fail lie. I think it was more like £1000 a month and that may have included the mistress' benefits too (income support) - certainly what was reported elsewhere.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I've only just seen this thread but I did briefly see Mr Osborne on the news at lunchtime, and to me it looked like he was trying to make political mileage out of a tragedy. I was horrified and disgusted at such crass insensitivity.

Those poor children lost their lives due to their father's selfish greed and disregard for them, and now George Osborne wants to use them too. It's nothing short of sick!!

RIP Duwayne, John, Jack, Jesse, Jade and Jayden

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

There are two issues here. Firstly, it is appalling to exploit the deaths of children for political (Osbourne) or ideolgic and financial (the daily mail) gain. There should be hefty reprisals for doing this. Being a benefit claimant does not make a person a criminal, the correlation comes because criminals and sociopaths are much more likely to exploit the benefit system for their own gain - and there is no way of stopping that, whatever system we have.

A separate issue is the whole 'having kids for benefit gain' issue. I have come across it quite a few times with clients. I tell them their income support will stop due to their child's age and I get one of 3 responses 'I'd better get a job', 'How do I apply for incapacity, or 'I'd better have another kid'. To be frank the middle response was the more frequent, but I certainly heard the latter response more than a few times. Saying that, I came across few families with large numbers of children, but the ones I did could easily work minimum wage and not lose a penny of their child benefits or tax credits - however none of those I met did work (but I did see a biased sample) - with a large enough amount of money coming in, it is much easier to made ends meet, even with lots of children, than it is as a single person or childless couple on benefits. And although I expect there are plenty of large families with a parent who works, unless they are high earners, they undoubtedly still get a significant chunk of child benefits and tax credits. I must admit it was a topic we had many discussions about in the office - we saw a lot of childless people in dire straits, but those with children always were able to manage better because of the additional child benefits. We used to say that people got more benefits and a bigger house by adding a child to the household, than by adding an unemployed adult (who costs more than a child to keep). I think something needs to be done - but what? It would be unfair to already born children to limit the number of children that benefits can be paid for across the board. But then limiting the number of children that benefits can be claimed for at all smacks of social cleansing (even if limited to children yet to be born), with the rich able to have as large a family as they want, but the poor are limited. Then again, why should the state pay for a person's choice to have many children?

It is a complex issue that shouldn't be bound up with the actions of sociopaths, but should be debated sensibly, and without all the hatred and muck slinging.

Well said Estellyn.

It was journalist that made the link -

Quote - After his conviction, debate has raged over claims by some commentators that Philpott was the product of an over-generous welfare state. - Unquote

Osborne remarked -

Quote - whether the state should pay for the lifestyles of people like Mick Philpott - Unquote

I don't see that as tarring all on benefits the same as the Philpotts.

I think what's upsetting to many is the fact that it's ridiculous and offensive to say something like "whether the state should pay for the lifestyles of people like Mick Philpott." [emphasis mine]

How many other people on benefits are "like" Mick Philpott? I mean, I don't think any of us would argue that the state should subsidise the killing of children. I'd say that the number of people on benefits who would risk burning their own children to death in a plot to claim more money is statistically negligible. Or maybe, statistically zero.

So really, there aren't any "people like" Mick Philpott. And that's what's so odious - it's not that anyone disputes the tragedy here, or that it may well have been motivated by a desire to acquire more benefits. It's the idea that this case in some way exemplifies a broader principle. Clearly, it does not.

I know that. We all know that. George Osborne also knows that. That's why his remarks are despicable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I think what's upsetting to many is the fact that it's ridiculous and offensive to say something like "whether the state should pay for the lifestyles of people like Mick Philpott." [emphasis mine]

How many other people on benefits are "like" Mick Philpott? I mean, I don't think any of us would argue that the state should subsidise the killing of children. I'd say that the number of people on benefits who would risk burning their own children to death in a plot to claim more money is statistically negligible. Or maybe, statistically zero.

So really, there aren't any "people like" Mick Philpott. And that's what's so odious - it's not that anyone disputes the tragedy here, or that it may well have been motivated by a desire to acquire more benefits. It's the idea that this case in some way exemplifies a broader principle. Clearly, it does not.

I know that. We all know that. George Osborne also knows that. That's why his remarks are despicable.

Indeed, a sociopath will take advantage of whatever they can for their own gain, with thought only to how the consequences will affect themselves. They come from all walks of life, but I think if tested, they'd find a lot of sociopaths in positions of power, taking advantage of whatever 'system' they exist in.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Antone, could not agree more with what you have written

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Indeed, a sociopath will take advantage of whatever they can for their own gain, with thought only to how the consequences will affect themselves. They come from all walks of life, but I think if tested, they'd find a lot of sociopaths in positions of power, taking advantage of whatever 'system' they exist in.

And apt description of most politicians imo.

Off topic I know, but the petition to get IDS to live on £53 per week stands at 432.564 supporters, getting on for half a million signers and rising by the minute.

The hubris of this man is staggering.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Nice one jadeybags. I don't recall any government debate with regard to the wage of a GP in the aftermath of the Shipman case. Was he not paid by the taxpayer!!!

And off topic. Surely anyone who pays income tax, vat, road tax, fuel tax etcetera is a taxpayer!!! You don't have to be working to pay tax. I know that many will state that those on benefits are paid by the taxpayer but it's not just people on benefits, you have royalty, emergency services, MP' s, military etcetera.

So the taxpayer paid for Shipman' s lifestyle!!!

I am a veteran but I wonder how many taxpayers really consider that their name is inscribed upon every round that is fired.

what about Osborne parking in a disabled bay?

I have read some argument on this, technically it was his driver that parked the vehicle so I suppose the driver would cop the fine. No doubt the odious Osborne will pull a few strings and put it down to 'a misunderstanding don't you know'.

Or let the driver take the blame, either way Gideon will get away with it.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I've only just seen this thread but I did briefly see Mr Osborne on the news at lunchtime, and to me it looked like he was trying to make political mileage out of a tragedy. I was horrified and disgusted at such crass insensitivity.

Those poor children lost their lives due to their father's selfish greed and disregard for them, and now George Osborne wants to use them too. It's nothing short of sick!!

RIP Duwayne, John, Jack, Jesse, Jade and Jayden

Agreed. I do think many of the reports regarding this case are really inappropriate.