style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

next door just came round. marstons had visited while she was out.

her son had used the car last year and had a parking ticket and failed to tell he. she thinks he hid all the letters.

total bill is £495.

it is a council parking ticket

we called marstons and an aggressive bailiff said its not his problem and he just wants the total amount paid. asked if she could go into a payment plan he said no. because he will just take the car.

asked for a break down of his costs. he said the warrant is £161. and three visits totalling £166. asked how it adds upto £495. he said the rest is going to be for the tow truck when he comes to remove the car.

she told him she sold the car last week at which point he threatened her with contempt of court. i said how can it be contempt if the levy notice is today and she sold it last week.

at which point he become more aggressive. saying i,ll sort this out today. tell her i am coming round

i,ve advised her to not open the doors. call me i will video him. and go and get this set aside on the grounds she never received the original PCN

any other advice

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

She cannot get it "set aside" because she did not receive the original PCN. What she can do is file an Out of Time Statutory Declaration, which challenges the bailiff warrant. Most of what she was told verbally is rubbish, but I wouldn't worry too much about that. She needs to file an Out of Time as quickly as possible.

There is a bailiff section on this forum. I would suggest you post on there, and also read around for details on how to file one. If she goes ahead, it will put the bailiff on hold. Were she ultimately to win the case, then all the bailiff fees would be cancelled, but she has a weak case to be honest. It's a harsh world, and the "appropriate" course of action, if she feels inclined, is to get the son to settle the debt and learn his lesson.

Correct advice about not opening the doors.

what do you mean out of time

A statutory declaration has to be submitted in a certain time frame - I think it's 21 days after an Order for Recovery is issued. By the time bailiffs get involved, that window will have passed.

In these cases, you can file an Out of Time one - and it requires an additional form, so it's important you file an Out of Time one. The additional form requires an explanation of why it was not done in the standard timeframe - and this is because correspondence was not received by the debtor, who therefore had no knowledge of the case prior to bailiff contact.

You have said that the car was sold a week ago. Has the bailiff visited and "levied" upon the vehicle?

Also, how much roughly is the car worth and is it on finance?

The bailiff cannot by law charge a fee work that he MAY DO if he next visits....

Edited by tomtubby

You have said that the car was sold a week ago. Has the bailiff visited and "levied" upon the vehicle?

Also, how much roughly is the car worth and is it on finance?

The bailiff cannot by law charge a fee work that he MAY DO if he next visits....

the bailiff did a dvla check using the reg from the parking ticket. it was sold just over a week before he visited and posted his levy through the door. its not on finance and is worth about £1200.

we have put an out of time into the bulking centre

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

• 4 weeks later...

The only option is to pay (£75 or so) to formally challenge that rejection through the N244 process. She does not have a strong case to argue and would run a real risk of losing that fee and gaining nothing. Decision time for her. The bailiff will come looking again soon.

What does the son have to say for himself?

N244 is for use in County Court and I cannot see this results from a ccj?

Other than that, as these pcn's are not my 'bag' I cannot comment further ..with it being a weekend the forum is generally quiet but I suggest the OP stay's put as there are some very, very knowledgeable caggers who can advise.

WD

Surely just a case now of working out how much is actually due to the bailiffs and paying them this amount. There was no levy, so it just the standard amounts to be added to the original PCN amount.

Original warranty amount £161, which would include what ? Think more info is needed to calculate what amount should be due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Jamberson, I have spent ages trying to work out my own post, it appears I had two windows open and started to post on one, I was distracted (but thats another story) and left the post unfinished returned to it later and totally lost the plot...I do apologise and will ensure I 'keep taking the tablets' to prevent another bout of confusion.

You are of course 100% correct and the OP should use the N244 to proceed and challenge the rejected OOT.

WD

Edited by wonkeydonkey