• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC PPI Claim now moved to FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if you've issues with the laptop crash

try starting it in safe mode.

is it win xp or vista or win 7?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is another one that I have done today using my statements from start to Nov 2011 and then SAR info from Feb 05 to date. As you can see the figures are very differant from both my original sheet and thiers. ON this one I have used the average payment of the payments.

Surely though the account would of been in credit at times when we paid of the balance as it seems it was cleared a few times.

Not sure what to do next.

Figure in end colomn is balance.

I know the fos indicate an avg is ok.

but I'm wonder if an avg from the total of the next year should be used as it would be more 'in-line' with spending at the time by the looks of it?

and they

by my calcs Allison, you are overstating the average for the early period 12/2001 to 12/2005 by £17 per month,

bringing down the amount paid in premiums to just under £4000, not too different to hsbc calcs.

HSBC hold far more info than they let on.

as dx says you must use spending each side of the period you dont know to calculate the average

this works out to just over £10 per month

Ask for a complete breakown of the ppi payments they have used in their calcs

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I used the avergae of all PPI payments ie £3632/131 payments = £27.72 per month.

They are also way out on their compound Interest charged, the card is still running and so I think they have only paid until Dec 2012 when the PPI was cancelled but the card has had a maxed out balance since then.

if the card is still running

then there is still comp int being levied on the PPI sums to today.

and they

I agree on the int, but you are using the wrong average

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I have been persuing hsbc myself over misold pensions, and low and behold they hold some statement info back to 1992, (current ac admitedly)

but they will never admit to it, it only appears when it suits

you are going to have to request a detailed list of all the ppi payments applied to the redress

what were your credit limits on the card for 1998-2005?

as they should sent info they rely upon

so you should send info.

if you have data they don't send them it with a revised spready??

dx

and they

Allison, first contact HSBC for an individual list of all the PPI payments that they have used in

Calculating your redress, the rate of interest they have used, and the date they have

Calculated to

Done letter will go today recorded

Thx

is it Vicky Stente ppi wealth complaints?

• 2 weeks later...

Well had a response to my letter, additional spreadsheets and my own calculations today and the offer is pretty much the same!

I understand that if I used the average as per OR then PPI payments would be about right but they are way out bon the compound interest charged. What should I do now. There was no detailed breakdown that I asked for just the summary again.

ask for detailed breakdown of each ppi payment

they will supply this if pushed

what rate have they used? ask for this as well

Letter done and also sent my spreadsheet again.

Pointed out that card is still running and so still being charged interest.

When I play around with the spreadsheet and only put the end date as Dec 2012 when the PPI was cancelled

and also change the interest rate to 15% the figures are then similar to HSBC's redress.

I think they are only paying compound interest to Dec 2012 which is wrong as still being charged

and also using the low interest rate from earlier years when in fact is currently just over 25%.

well done

dx

and they

Letter done and also sent my spreadsheet again. Pointed out that card is still running and so still being charged interest.

When I play around with the spreadsheet and only put the end date as Dec 2012 when the PPI was cancelled and also change the interest rate to 15% the figures are then similar to HSBC's redress. So I think they are only paying compound interest to Dec 2012 which is wrong as still being charged and also using the low interest rate from earlier years when in fact is currently just over 25%.

totally correct Allison, keep at em:-)