HSBC PPI Claim now moved to FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

been doing some digging on this and

talked to a couple of friends who were s/e and both did ppi claims to hsbc.

Hsbc are now it seems turning down all s/e ppi claims (they opened their acs in 2005 and 2006)

and on those t&cs the fos are agreeing with them, so

I think you need to write a further letter to the fos stressing the words IN ADDITION for someone s/e to claim etc,

to make sure you get that t&c in front of the ombudsman.

Also one friends wife had her complaint upheld by hsbc(good sick pay etc),

but hsbc refused to pay any further back than 2005

,her ac was 2001 unless she provided statements to prove payments,

and of course their sar replies only go back to 2005, as you have found, again the fos agreed

Complete Sharks are just two words that spring to mind,

Im still working on the H and B!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg sharks yes.....I wonder why all of a sudden HSBC are Best mates with the FOS.....makes me so mad when I think of all the things we've had with them since 91. I bet if they did SAR back to that date I would end owning HSBC with the claims ...never mind all I can do is keep fighting but I would love to get my hands on the t & PC's from 98 but I can't find them anywhere

yes it would be excellent to get your hands on the 1998 t&cs, however it will still pay to write once again to the fos pointing out that very different t&c pre 2005, they didnt leave out the words "in addition" and re-phrase the t&cs for no reason in the post 2005 version, and dont forget as we now know, they only provide sar details back to 2005, and only send out the latest version, as you received.

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Well I have searched the web and nothing! Also emailed Which magazine and a few other government departments so will wait and see ifthey can help. Even rang a few PPI claims companies to ask them today. They advised to ask the bank. I can't even find who actually provided the insurance to HSBC....this is just so frustrating.

Going to bring some ladders home from work at the weekend and buddy is going in the loft as I may of stored things up there...can't imaging me just putting stuff like that in the bin so praying something will be up there.

I have had a quick search round the forums and dont see any T&Cs - sorry :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Would a set from 1994 be of any use to you ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ooo yes yes yes at least I could show them the difference between 1994 and 2005 have you got them omg be Fab if you have x

Hold on a sec.. they arent in the best of condition.. but will upload them for you.

BCOBS

Here you go - hope this helps

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49688[/ATTACH]

BCOBS

They must have done a fair bit of shredding over the last couple of years, because they sent those to me in 2011 ?

BCOBS

thankyou so much Citizen B but these are the t & c's for the actual card and not for the PPI policy...its the PPI policy t & c,s that I need to get hold of to show that it was more onerous to claim if self employed. Don't suppose you ahve them by any chance..know its a long shot.

Sorry for not making myself clear and I appreciate what you done. THX

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. In which case, I cant help you with those.

This is the first time I have ever heard of the FOS asking for copies of these ?

BCOBS

Allison, have a read of your initial fos reply under "The main factors in your case"-I do not think hsbc recommended the policy to you. Have a look at this thread I was reading yesterday-HSBC improperly executed credit agreement- byZENTRIX9- hsbc sent him a recon from july 2002, app form in block capitals card repayment protector - WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE OUT THIS VALUABLE PROTECTOR, also it may be worth sending a pm to see if he has the 2002 ppi t&cs and the reason he won his claim

Thanks OR I'll get onto it right away. I wrote to HSBC yesterday asking them for the terms and also said I thought they should of included them in my star and also millions of the policies had been sold so there must be a copy in their archive and finally I said that if for any reason they could not provide them then to give the contact details of the company who provided the cover for me to get in touch with them directly.

I also let the FOS know and expressed my surprise that they have totally ignored my request to see the terms they used in their decision. I''m not giving up on this xx

I know I have many other threads going on here and there is one for a PPI claim that I am in the middle of with HSBC.

My husband and I have been with HSBC and Midland bank since about 1990. I have found old statements from 96 to 2001 and can see that two loans were credited to our current account and also a debit paid for insurance.

One was in 96 when were were salaried pub managers and so didn't need the cover and the other in 99 when I was then working as local government and my husband self employed.

I can see that we have good reasons to make a claim for both these but I also know that prior to these dates and after we would of had many other loans and products.

So do I send a full SAR request to the bank. We still bank with them and have numerous mortgages,business banking and all sorts so little bit worried to be honest. Plus the amount of paperwork would most probably fill a van!

Can you send a SAR asking just for info on loans etc?

Want to get claiming as I really feel that we have been taken for a long ride all these years, even found a letter from when we bought a house back in 96 and in the review they recommend we take out THIER home insurance which we did!!!!

Hi allison

I would send them a SAR, add the account numbers for all the accounts, send £10. Then it's a case of seeing what they send you, then evaluate from there. You want all the Data from the inception of the account. Don't tell them why you want the information.

I don't have the account numbers just the entries on the old bank statements.

I,m wondering if I should just send in two separate claims for each one stating the amounts and dates etc. I have worked out that they run for 36 and 48 months from the statements.

Also each one will have differant reasons ie the first that we didn't need the cover as was would of been paid if ill and also no chance of redundancy and the second I worked for local government so was covered and hubby was self employed.

Are there some letters somewhere I can use as a template.

going to put this as reasons for number one ...we were pub managers at the time....does it sound ok

We believe we have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

We took out a £7000 loan on 11th Nov 1996 and a payment protection policy was added which cost us an extra £1069 which was added to the loan and then debited from our current account. Interest was then added to this policy for the term of the loan which was 36 months.

When we took out the loan, it was implied that taking out the policy would assist our credit application. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

We also told your salesperson that we had adequate cover if we were ever ill and the chance of redundancy was minimal and so felt that we didn;t need the cover but we were told that we could add the amount to the loan account and that it would help our application if we took it out.

We do not believe being forced to buy this policy as part of the loan was a fair and reasonable obligation as we did not need this insurance and said at the time of taking the loan that we did not want it.

We am requesting a full refund of all our insurance payments, plus interest.