Sign the petition to get IDS to live on £53 a week for a year :)

TheLion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've not seen it before,,so cheers:wink: - signed!

edit: I was just reading some of the comments. One of them is straight to the point and no mistake...lol Surprised there's no censorship :-)

how many of these petitions are circulating, i have seen three separate petitions on Facebook alone, this is getting ridiculous, all IDS has to say is that its just the same people signing

My days on the breadline http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304833/My-days-breadline-disgraceful-BBC-wife-love-sustains-Iain-Duncan-Smith-hits-left.html

an unemployed soldier returning home each day to his girlfriend’s tiny bedsit in a bleak Victorian house, trying not to lose hope at a time when unemployment levels were nudging to a post-war high of 3 million.

Blimey! I'm nearly in tears. That quote is something out of the Mail circa 1918, poor old IDS trudging home every day to a plate of bread and dripping and a mug of Thames tap, a complete load of BLX.

This man is on record for being lets say 'economical' with the truth, and this sycophantic article ridicules him even more.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

My days on the breadline http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304833/My-days-breadline-disgraceful-BBC-wife-love-sustains-Iain-Duncan-Smith-hits-left.html

Blimey! I'm nearly in tears. That quote is something out of the Mail circa 1918, poor old IDS trudging home every day to a plate of bread and dripping and a mug of Thames tap, a complete load of BLX.

This man is on record for being lets say 'economical' with the truth, and this sycophantic article ridicules him even more.

Its the Daily Fail doing the reporting, that true bastion of truth and integrity, excuse me while i throw up

Active service my a3Se

He was no more than a batman to a major general, typical Tory suck up boy

Firstly, living in a bedsit with one income and the money he had does not equal 'on the breadline'. Bedsits are cheap to live in, and I doubt very much the daughter of a lord is living in a a horrid bedsit - though the fact that he thinks that sharing a bathroom with 3 other people is a sign of terrible living standards - should see some of the bathrooms I've had to share when living in bedsits!!

secondly, going round your 'network' of mates and contacts of mates from the army to get a position, is very different from having no contacts and having to get a job on your actual merit, rather than who you know.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

“He wasn’t even meant to be living there — because he couldn’t afford to pay any rent.”

So this means he was in breach of housing benefit rules, and i hope his landlord will now put forward a claim for unpaid rent. His partner should have received a section 21 at the very least for being in breach of tenancy agreement

“He was allowed to stay after agreeing to do jobs, from wiring plugs to changing light bulbs, and general maintenance.”

Without a 16th (at the time), or 17th edition wiring regulations qualification, no part P, or 2391 inspection and testing ? Anyone else would wind up in court. Also working unauthorised without informing DWP, that would get you sanctioned...

“I never claimed benefits”

And then your government bitches about all the unclaimed benefits at the end of the financial year....

Its easy to live without benefits when you are involved in fraud....So the challenge remains, try to live on £53 a week without committing HB fraud, breaking H&S law, and violating tenancy agreements, and then i will admire your honesty.

Cry me a river Mr.Smith, this report in the Daily Mail is an effort to wriggle and squirm...Take the change.org challenge and do it, then we can talk.

If you cannot take on a problem head on, go around the sides, over the top, or underneath. If you still have problems, then change the rules. If you can't change the rules then manipulate yourself into a position where you make the rules.

“He wasn’t even meant to be living there — because he couldn’t afford to pay any rent.”

So this means he was in breach of housing benefit rules, and i hope his landlord will now put forward a claim for unpaid rent. His partner should have received a section 21 at the very least for being in breach of tenancy agreement

“He was allowed to stay after agreeing to do jobs, from wiring plugs to changing light bulbs, and general maintenance.”

Without a 16th (at the time), or 17th edition wiring regulations qualification, no part P, or 2391 inspection and testing ? Anyone else would wind up in court. Also working unauthorised without informing DWP, that would get you sanctioned...

“I never claimed benefits”

And then your government bitches about all the unclaimed benefits at the end of the financial year....

Its easy to live without benefits when you are involved in fraud....So the challenge remains, try to live on £53 a week without committing HB fraud, breaking H&S law, and violating tenancy agreements, and then i will admire your honesty.

Cry me a river Mr.Smith, this report in the Daily Mail is an effort to wriggle and squirm...Take the change.org challenge and do it, then we can talk.

:-D

...He was no more than a batman to a major general, typical Tory suck up boy

It's been said before but It's worth saying again! The mail story should be held up an example of all that is wrong with to days "free" press.

pitcher

I did sign and I think it hit the half mil mark.

Not quite a "stunt" as IDS called it.

Edited by pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

he would only cheat anyway.

maybe family would visit with food, get taken out by family etc.

His previous comment where he said he was unemployed in the past and had to live on a small amount doesnt have merit with me as he said he lived of savings, meaning he still had some wealth and probably was able to be flexible so if eg. one week he needed £200 for one off expenses it was there to use.

he would only cheat anyway.

maybe family would visit with food, get taken out by family etc.

His previous comment where he said he was unemployed in the past and had to live on a small amount doesnt have merit with me as he said he lived of savings, meaning he still had some wealth and probably was able to be flexible so if eg. one week he needed £200 for one off expenses it was there to use.

Hi,

he did "cheat", living where he wasn't allowed to, how many people have problems with the SS over this? The man is a deeply self rightous character, He has done nothing wrong (in his eyes) in his rise to power. It's only people like me and you who are wrong in his selfish thoughts.

regards,

pitcher

He sponged of his wife's father estate, he has a two million pound tudor mansion in buckingham you know, which he lives rent free in now

You're right about his wife but I bet any estate agent could get at least £3.5 mil for that pile.

regards

pitcher

I'm still wondering why people would rather this happened than the petition to get Cameron out the seat...

Hi jadeybags,

Can't we do both?

I'm happy to get Cameron of the face of this earth.

pitcher

The Tories really hate IDS. They've put him there at the Pensions and Welfare knowing he would fail, so they can put the blame on him, not the whole government. Who really runs the show at no 10 is Osborne, he's the one with Royal Blood (yuck!) and connections to the big banks. The other ones, including Camoron, are just puppets.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Hi jadeybags,

Can't we do both?

I'm happy to get Cameron of the face of this earth.

pitcher

Absolutely, it's a shame not everyone thinks that though, if you compare the amount of signatures on both...

It's a shame there is not enough time to get a petition together to demand that not one penny of the estimated £8 million cost of Thatchers funeral comes from the taxpayer." There is no society" said Thatcher, so society should not be expected to pick up the tab.

Tender the funeral out to the highest bidder, in true Thatcher fashion.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Cameron has set him up to fail

Have you not noticed its past April 1st and the introduction of Universal Credit, and not a murmur from that pip squeak.

Look at it this way, even Microsoft when releasing a new operating system has to keep on doing service packs updates because of bugs in the system. They have been trying to get this NHS computer system that has cost more than the national debt up and running since the year dot, but we do not talk of that anymore, do we