Aviva/Asprea buildings insurance claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I will try and be brief. I had a water leak through my kitchen ceiling, called Aviva who said it was covered under the 'tracing' section of my policy and I am covered for anything that is involved to get to the leak, but not fix the leak itself. All seemed easy, called a plumber who took time to trace it, by lifting my Amtico floor in the bathroom and also the bedroom floor as it was right against a floor beam so couldn't bet got at via the kitchen ceiling. The ceiling was originally cut to try that way and this was all approved with Aviva.

Anyway, I have had the quotes in and been told they are too high. My bathroom floor, in 2002 was £370 and the quote now is £485,. I have been offered £140! To repair the kitchen ceiling, by cutting out one metre, skimming the whole ceiling, painting and painting the walls of an L shaped room, roughly 20ft long, each side of the L, removing two radiators and relevant electrics and replacing, I have been offered £268.50 and that includes materials. The flooring I have is Amtico in the bathroom and is £70 per square metre and they said it would be £20 per square metre. The glue pack alone for this is £50 and my floor was immaculate before it had to be taken up to get to the leak. I am one of those who prefers to pay a bit more so things last.

Does anyone know where I stand with this as I have now been waiting two months and it is just one query after another and I know, living in Surrey, nobody could paint a room, repair and plaster a ceiling for this amount.

Thank you all for any advice from a very stressed person.

Gillian:mad2:

Guest Aviva Support
Hello everyone

I will try and be brief. I had a water leak through my kitchen ceiling, called Aviva who said it was covered under the 'tracing' section of my policy and I am covered for anything that is involved to get to the leak, but not fix the leak itself. All seemed easy, called a plumber who took time to trace it, by lifting my Amtico floor in the bathroom and also the bedroom floor as it was right against a floor beam so couldn't bet got at via the kitchen ceiling. The ceiling was originally cut to try that way and this was all approved with Aviva.

Anyway, I have had the quotes in and been told they are too high. My bathroom floor, in 2002 was £370 and the quote now is £485,. I have been offered £140! To repair the kitchen ceiling, by cutting out one metre, skimming the whole ceiling, painting and painting the walls of an L shaped room, roughly 20ft long, each side of the L, removing two radiators and relevant electrics and replacing, I have been offered £268.50 and that includes materials. The flooring I have is Amtico in the bathroom and is £70 per square metre and they said it would be £20 per square metre. The glue pack alone for this is £50 and my floor was immaculate before it had to be taken up to get to the leak. I am one of those who prefers to pay a bit more so things last.

Does anyone know where I stand with this as I have now been waiting two months and it is just one query after another and I know, living in Surrey, nobody could paint a room, repair and plaster a ceiling for this amount.

Thank you all for any advice from a very stressed person.

Gillian:mad2:

Hi Gillian,

I'm sorry to hear about the water leak.

I'd like to look into this for you. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

• Your full name
  • Date of birth
  • Postcode
  • Policy or Claim reference number

Please also state your username on CAG. As soon as I have the details I'll liaise with our Claims team to discuss your claim.

Many thanks,

Martin Banwell

Aviva UK Social Media Support

I didn't but I called them before commencing the work and confirmed it was ok to go ahead. I assume their calls are recorded or am I being hopefully. I have written a complaint to Aviva because they told me it was covered and I found it within my policy documents.

UPDATE

I have now got two companies coming for the floor quote, having been offered £20 a sq metre from Aviva/Asprea for a floor 2.25 sq m, totalling £45 and I paid £370 in November 2002. Asprea have a copy of this too. Amtico for £20 a sq metre? I think not! My flooring online is £70 per sq m and that is just the materials, the glue kit is around £50 and then it needs a ply base, toilet and basin removed and replaced and fitting.

I am also getting two additional quotes for the repair to my ceiling, and plaster and redecorate the kitchen diner. £268 for this complete job is laughable when I have checked on buildingsherrif and they quote more than double this for the repair and plastering alone. The £268 includes materials and my room is pretty large so paint alone would be at least £50! I wonder what sort of contractors they use?

I appreciate any further help you can offer me.

With thanks

gedgar