style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

In light of the budget 2013, I am now and can finally afford to buy my flat that I have lived in for 11years, it was valued in 2008 and after then i have since installed laminate flooring and a satellite dish without permission from the council.

Can i ask them to use the details they have on record from 2008, if they have it so they don't have to visit or do they need to visit to do a new valuation? would i get in trouble? should i remove my flooring or install a carpet.

Will it make any difference by having installed the new flooring ? Other than to the value of the property, that is.

What type of flooring was down before.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi fro

So now want to use your entitlement under the Right to Buy to purchase your council property.

To answer your main question as to whether you can ask council to use the 2008 valuation well you could ask but I doubt it very much that they will ever agree to that.

What you will need to do is contact the council and inform them that you wish to purchase your property under the Right to Buy. They will more and likely check you are legally entitled to do this before proceeding further and their legal representative will have a valuation done for the property.

It is very important that you seek legal advice for this process and that you need to bear in mind the following:

1. You will have Factoring charges for the property so please ensure you get details of the likely costs per year in your building.

2. You will need to ensure you have full contents and also buildings insurance as its no longer rented but your own property.

3. It is advisable to have a contingency fund incase there is any damage to the building i.e. extreme weather condition say roof damaged the bill for repair will be shared amongst those in the building.

4. If you know anyone else that has went through the Right to Buy try to have a chat with them to get the Pros and Cons to help make your decision.

5. If any improvements are done to the building then the cost of those improvements will also be shared amongst those in the building with you having to pay your share of the costs.

I am not trying to put you off but you must be aware that if you purchase the property as well as your normal bills gas, electric, council tax, water charges you will also have factoring charges and if anything else happens that is a mayor repair not covered the cost of the repair is shared amongst those in the building so that's and added cost that is advisable to try and put aside a contingency fund for.

hope this is of help

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

My main concern is that I am not penalised for doing the flooring, although it would add value to the property, on the RTB form "it ask to tell them about changes you've made that should be discounted" but if they check and see I didn't seek their permission -

Just always bear in mind those extra cost not just the factoring but anything outwith that say a major repair due to severe weather damage etc and have a contingency fund set aside for yourself just in case you get hit with an unexpected bill.

Also as for the flooring and sat dish if the council really wanted to kick up a fuss they would more than likely send a warning letter saying something like your breaching tenancy remove offending items or further action will be taken. If you remove floor and sat dish then that's it finished with, this is only an example but bear in mind that its really up to the council how they would deal with this.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group