time to pay or application for a time order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok further to my previous post can anyone advise whether I should fill in a time to pay form or a application for a time order? I cant find any info on this and they seem almost similar.

Also as this is a dual loan i.e. partner and me, do we fill in one form or 2 (we were both served with initial writs)

We have managed to free up some money by giving back our car so are in a position to pay something. I dont think we could cope with the stress of trying to defend and even if we did, although I am working at the moment trying to pay for a lawyer is going to put more strain on my finances.

Any help on the above would be appreciated. i need to return forms back soon

You will find some information on Time orders in the link below. I will also flag your thread for advice.

TIME ORDERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is the link for National Debtline Factsheet/Time Order

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/factsheet.php?page=13_time_orders

stu has also provided the link above for you. I think National Debtline also have a Scottish section :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

DAS may be an alternative option, for example a reasonable period for a time to pay order is normally around 2.5 years (this is not set in stone) However with DAS a reasonable period is considered as not exceeding 10 years. (All debts can be included, (assuming thet you have more than one and can be set up jointly)

Without knowing your circumstances I cannot be precise, nevertheless it may be worth considering . If indeed it is a possibilty you simply ask the court for continuation to complete the administration process (It will be granted)

If you choose this route always use a FREE ADVICE Agency rather than Insolvency practitioners who will charge fees.