Gurdip Virdi - DO NOT BUY CARS FROM HIM DODGY- barbercarsales barbercarsales.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has applied for judgement by default this morning, as no defence or communication was received. I don't think Virdi and Pittaway have much in the way of assets, so enforcing the judgement may be throwing good money after bad, but I'll keep you updated.

I certainly wouldn't involve the County Court Bailiff as that will just £100 away. It certainly appears that they die & arise fresh very regularly so would beware how you go about it.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

It seems that I am the latest person to be spoofed by This company

- Now, we were talking to someone called Tarquin (Didn't believe that name to start with)

He stayed well away and only spoke on the phone whilst "Dave" dealt with us face to face.

We were asked to put a deposit down on a car as we live in Bristol and I was out of the country,

when we came back, we went to view the car and it wasn't as described on eBay - totally faulty.

My husband obviously wasn't going to buy it so we asked for our deposit back.

'Dave' in the office said that his boss was out,

he was fed up with dealing with people like us because 'It happens all the time'

and that all we have to do is 'threaten' his boss and we'll get our money back!

We stayed there until we were told on the phone that the money had been put back on the card,

convienient as we know that takes days so we had to leave

- I had my two kids in the car we'd driven down there in.

I even told 'Dave' our story and how we really didn't need to be dealing with this kind of thing either and he was very apologetic (urm....)

Needless to say, we are still waiting for the money to appear back in our account but I'm guessing that it won't any time soon.

So, who is 'Dave' ? That little shaved headed guy who looked me in the eyes and shook my hand? Is that Dave Barber?

Who was the person on the phone? Tarquin? I doubt it.

So, how do I now go about getting my money back?

Before he said he'd put it back on the card,

he was telling me to go through small claims court which I know for a fact is a waste of time

- I won with a CCJ years ago against a dodgy car dealer and he still didn't pay me back.

What low lifes some people are....

went to buy a car from this company the ad for the car was a blatant invention the car was a shed so i never bought it however i did pay a deposit to secure the car for me but now i DAVID BARBAR AKA GURDIP VIRDI will not refund my deposit AVOID THIS GUY/ COMPANY AT ALL COST HIS CARS ARE SHEDS

Me too mate, £500 down here.

Just so you all know - they're still up to no good!

On eBay as newyearnewcar

New message from: newyearnewcar

Coventry Cars

99 Longford Road

Opposite Longford Park

Coventry

West Midlands

CV6 6DY

United Kingdom

+44.(0)7522.065053

What's this all about?

Business seller information

Christmast Cars

Dave Babar

99 Longford Road

Coventry

West Midlands

CV66DY

United Kingdom

Phone:07522|065053

Email:[email protected]

VAT number: UK 152 5357 18

Edited by DoEveRYthiNg
more info

debit card chargeback

or section 75 for credit cards

via your bank

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

debit card chargeback

or section 75 for credit cards

via your bank

dx

Thank you, I'm just waiting to hear from husband that it was in fact a card payment and not a bank transfer. After reading all of these posts, I am glad that we didn't buy the car and that it was only £500 that we lost - it could have been a lot more... The car that we were going to buy is still on eBay, they have no shame.

Just so you all know - they're still up to no good!

On eBay as newyearnewcar

New message from: newyearnewcar

Coventry Cars

99 Longford Road

Opposite Longford Park

Coventry

West Midlands

CV6 6DY

United Kingdom

+44.(0)7522.065053

I strongly suspect the same people are trading under other names as well, but I can't prove it.

Take a look at zeen autos "zeenautosuk" on ebay and tell me the advert write ups don't look identical! Some of the cars look like they are photographed in the same location as well. "jmjusedcarsales01" on the london road is another one.

I think the number 1 lesson people need to learn here is google the dealer you are buying from BEFORE buying and DO NOT leave a deposit before viewing a car under any circumstances. Most cars are run of the mill/common, why would you need to leave £500 deposit just to view a car? Reputable dealers let you inspect and drive before making any commitment. How this people are legally able to keep operating this type of 'business' I don't know.

edit:

in fact you can see from this link here: http://www.vehigle.co.uk/used-car/2005-Alfa-Romeo-GT/snwIisIisshiwhslhndh

That Zeen Autos has operted from the same address as barbercars / newyearnewcars / midland elite cars at some point in the past.

KBlqqCx.png

Midland elite cars aka "newyearnewcar" on ebay:

pqUvi1D.png

Oh it just never ends does it - I've just been on the phone with 'David Barber'

- he's going to sue me for loss of earnings because as i was there demanding my money back,

two customers walked off the pitch and now the discovery I was going to buy - no one wants it.

So that's my fault and he's going to sue me for that!

He's told me that he didn't own midlands elite, conventree carz or longford park motors

- this is a new owner and he's having his days ruined by you lot who all hate him and want to see him suffer! He's got a right martyr complex.

Oh and also, he told me that I can stand outside his pitch but he'll have beefy security waiting to 'deal with me'

He's told me that the old businesses have nothing to do with him - he's a spoofer and I would ask anyone to avoid him and yes, do research before buying a car from anymore....

Oh it just never ends does it - I've just been on the phone with 'David Barber' - he's going to sue me for loss of earnings because as i was there demanding my money back, two customers walked off the pitch and now the discovery I was going to buy - no one wants it. So that's my fault and he's going to sue me for that!

He's told me that he didn't own midlands elite, conventree carz or longford park motors - this is a new owner and he's having his days ruined by you lot who all hate him and want to see him suffer! He's got a right martyr complex.

Oh and also, he told me that I can stand outside his pitch but he'll have beefy security waiting to 'deal with me'

He's told me that the old businesses have nothing to do with him - he's a spoofer and I would ask anyone to avoid him and yes, do research before buying a car from anymore....

Maybe they spend so much of their time telling fibs that they can no longer actually remember what is fact and what is fiction?

Was it a fat bald bloke you dealt with?

Maybe they spend so much of their time telling fibs that they can no longer actually remember what is fact and what is fiction?

Was it a fat bald bloke you dealt with?

The person that we actually saw was short and had a shaved head and was apparently called 'Dave'

The guy on the phone was called Tarquin but now he's admitted that his name is Dave

but the other dave is the owner and not him..

.. why was he taking the calls then I asked and he said oh cos dave is a bit thick..

Oh my word - I've had a complete nightmare with him this morning.

I don't think he does know who he really is or who David barber is...

Surely he can't be registered with ebay as Dave baber when that's not his real name? Not that he cares what his name is...

I was threatened with a 'nasty smackhead who'll do me in for £50'

The most shocking part of this amusing and upsetting thread is that this Dave Barber is still walking the streets using his own legs.

Sooner or later he's gonna mess about with the wrong guy and that will be the end of his career.

Well if you believe in "karma" these guys are certaily well overdue some bad luck..... getting struck by lightening or hit by a bus or something.... I would settle for them just being closed down and not allowed to trade again. However they have been trading for a long time and they seem untouchable and for whatever reason Trading Standards seem powerless to stop them from their questionable business practices.

On a wider point it does seem like a common tactic for used car dealers to 'die' and then rise again with a new business name trading in exactly the same way as before. It is like the law allows them to rack up a certain amount of complaints and then just press a reset button without taking any responsibility whatsoever.

The most shocking part of this amusing and upsetting thread is that this Dave Barber is still walking the streets using his own legs.

Sooner or later he's gonna mess about with the wrong guy and that will be the end of his career.

Sooner rather than later I hope!

I've been advised to write to him to advise him that he was in breach of his contract .... as if he doesn't already know that!

The whole system is a joke.

Sooner rather than later I hope!

I've been advised to write to him to advise him that he was in breach of his contract .... as if he doesn't already know that!

The whole system is a joke.

The problem being you will need proof of delivery and they probably wont even sign for the letter.

The problem being you will need proof of delivery and they probably wont even sign for the letter.

Yep - I went through this 6 years ago with a dodgy car dealer in Essex, Sent him the letters, took him to court - I won yet he still never paid a penny.

I'm guessing that David Barber - who ever he is, is he the short bald guy or the young guy who only ever talks on the phone? Who knows but I'm sure they are all well aware that they just need to ignore it and it will go away because legally we don't have a leg to stand on.

It's the sheer arrogance that gets me really riled up.

Let's have a protest outside their shop!!!

That's what I was thinking! Surely enough of us can go and pi*s him off and ruin his trading? I told him that I'd do that and he told me that he'd have beefy security there to remove me and that he'd pay a smackhead £50 to 'do me in!'

Nice guy huh...

Lets not. And especially not advertise that very silly idea here.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A street protest is not illegal and being in a public place he can't remove anyone.

Only the police can, but a peaceful protest is rarely stopped, unless it creates obstruction or it's deemed to be a treat to public safety/security.

Possibly Mr barber has messed about some local coppers, so maybe they join the protest 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Who else has heard the news that David Barber has been sentenced to 35 months in prison today?

Also a guy called 'Peter' has also been sentenced to 230+ days and fined £20,000 BUT Gurdip Virdi seemingly has got away with everything!

Apparently Gurdip looks like hes the guy behind it all but can't be linked to it all

- that's odd because I did in fact get £100 of my £500 back from 'Dave'

and when it appeared in my account - it had come from Gurdip Virdis bank account!

Nothing to do with it all though huh?

So, apparently now we have virtually no chance of ever getting any money back but from now on,

once these two get out of prison, they'll be watched so that they can't do it again.

Lets hope that is the case and I'm just grateful that i didn't give them any more of my money.

I hope everyone who's been conned by these three (although gurdip getting away with it is not great)

feel some sort of justice has been done today x

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/jailed-longford-traders-sold-cars-8817499

Jailed: Longford traders sold cars that broke down minutes after being driven off the forecourt

Rogue traders who flogged dodgy cars that often broke down minutes after being driven off the forecourt have been jailed.

Coventry Trading Standards decided to take action against David Barber and Martin Pittaway, both aged 40, after complaints from customers about the state of the cars they were sold.

And at the crown court in Leamington, Barber, of Walsgrave Road, Walsgrave, was jailed for 32 months, and Pittaway, of Dorchester Way, Walsgrave, received 283 days behind bars.

A third defendant, Gurdip Virdi, of Vicarage Lane, Ash Green, was ordered to pay £20,868.82 in fines, compensation and costs.

The trio had traded under numerous names including Longford Park Car Sales and Barber Cars at 101A Longford Road, Coventry.

They admitted a charge of supplying un-roadworthy vehicles - often describing vehicles as “in lovely condition and fault free” when the opposite was true.

Edited by citizenB
Link and quote article

Post a link please. Oh and welcome to CAG :)

Actually, i'll post one. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/jailed-longford-traders-sold-cars-8817499

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D