Google street view , new angle to view

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

G00gle are using surplus surveillance drones from the US military to develop a 3D StreetView. The idea is to have a drone follow each StreetView CCTV camera car at a height of 50 metres. Instead of the existing 2D images, the new service will capture 3D images using software developed jointly by G00gle and Caltech.

This software is being installed in G00gle Glass, so that users can explore a 3D representation of any street they choose to download. It will appear to users that they are standing in the actual street.

The 3D StreetView Privacy Impact Assessment appended to G00gle’s Privacy Policy recommends that the drones should not be silent but “should emit a sound like the low frequency buzz of a Doodlebug” - a reference to the V1 flying bomb . Doubtless they will be nicknamed “G00gleBugs”.

Potential privacy issues are dismissed on the grounds that unlawful activity is being unmasked. For instance “addresses where grandparents have been reported missing to the police” and “where gardens ... clearly contain areas which have recently been dug over”.

The Assessment notes that 3D StreetView would “revive the services offered by [the home security] sector as burglars are likely to become users of the 3D system”.

PS - elsewhere, the Assessment deals with the inadvertent capturing of 3D images of adults engaging in nude sunbathing etc., in back gardens, indicating that applying the usual blurring algorithm just to the face of a sunbather “risks leaving other body parts exposed, in full 3D” - as recently discovered in Manchester's Temperance Street

PPS - LAs will be able to explore the dimensions of extensions at the back of houses to check planning rules have not been violated

PPPS - it is rumoured that "G00gle G0ggles" was originally considered as the name for G00gle Glass, to trade on the alliteration

please check the date...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

please check the date...

;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I heard on the radio, that google ar going inside buildings so you can do a kind of street view inside. Not sure about you but i dont think its very safe. saying that im forever checking street view to get a good look around places. Anyone else heard that?

some of the inside ones are already done

just a panoramic photo really

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: