Timetable for the next month of government induced horrors

estellyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Something interesting to consider with regard to the 'bedroom tax':

We have a neighbour who lives on his own in a three bedroom social housing property. He works from home and pays his rent. He uses the other two rooms for stock.

Another neighbour lives on his own also in a three bedroom social housing property. Like the former he also works and pays his rent.

Yet another neighbour who is a pensioner lives in a two bedroom house and will be exempt.

Now considering that social housing rent is on average cheaper than the private sector why should they all not be forced to downgrade!!! It is not right when the primary reason for the 'bedroom tax' is to free up houses!!!

As for the MP' s, Councillor's etcetera, why don't they set an example and scrap expenses!!! Don't quote the usual c**p about it being part of the 'job entitlement' and 'all above board', just do the MORALLY CORRECT THING AND DON'T CLAIM THEM YOU SCROUNGING S***S!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear lord, may I say maybe you shouldn't worry about what others are doing and concentrate on your own life and stop being so biter about others? It's this mentality that is whats helping turn people against each other and help get this bloody awful government what they want.

Chill out hon.

This time next year nobody will care. It will all be forgotten .

Yes I agree because they will probably be dead

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Well that just goes to show how little you actually know about this subject.

So what am I missing then? Giving millionaires a tax break yet again is supposed to boost the economy? I see it as an enabling system to allow them to salt more cash away in offshore accounts.

But I'm prepared to defer to your superior knowledge, and in the light of that no doubt you will educate me as to how this bit of legislation helps.

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Out of the 5000 I'm sure there are some that could get a mortgage and buy their own place, another lot could move out of Newcastle, some more could private rent and a huge chunk of them will just pay the £14 a week and be done with it. Can't afford the £14 a week? Well some will cut down on things like Sky TV, drinking, smoking that costs a fortune, buying the cheaper brand of food the list is almost endless on how to get over this.

People can and will adapt. This time next year nobody will care. It will all be forgotten and there will be something new to moan about.

Daily mail rhetoric alert! Why do people like you trot out the same tired old propaganda, it's frankly boring and demonstrates a lack of independent thinking, you obviously believe everything you read.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

IDS claims on bbc news that he could live on the £51.00 paid to younger jobseekers easily!!! yeah like to see him try....

That's Monday's breakfast sorted out then, he ponces off the wealthy Betty anyway.

and to add to odsets post....after they came for the sick, ill and poorest in society...who the hell do you think they are going to come after next?

demolish the welfare state at your peril...but dont complain when your children have to pay to go and see a doctor. when gove decides that 'free schools' are no longer free.when you are suddenly struck down by illness and their is nothing coming in, and no way of paying for your treatment....this soD you im alright jack!! is going to come back and bite you on the @rse.... the people of this country are getting sick to death of paying for the failures of the few in society who continue to prosper under this disgusting govt.....

i like his comment on getting cheaper brands of food

its all this processed garbage that is causing the obesity problems in this country as most people are already forced to purchase due to shrinking house hold budgets

and to add to odsets post....after they came for the sick, ill and poorest in society...who the hell do you think they are going to come after next?

demolish the welfare state at your peril...but dont complain when your children have to pay to go and see a doctor. when gove decides that 'free schools' are no longer free.when you are suddenly struck down by illness and their is nothing coming in, and no way of paying for your treatment....this soD you im alright jack!! is going to come back and bite you on the @rse.... the people of this country are getting sick to death of paying for the failures of the few in society who continue to prosper under this disgusting govt.....

Exactly. Well said.

IDS claims on bbc news that he could live on the £51.00 paid to younger jobseekers easily!!! yeah like to see him try....

How much does his wife earn (if he's married) and he will have stacks in the bank, - so he probably could for a while.

Plus he would put in for expenses at about £500 a week.:)

Apparently, (I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard this) he claimed £40 for one breakfast?

I would like to see him try living on £51 a week too. But it has to be for a year or so for him to see how difficult it is.

another lot could move out of newcastle? and where the hell do you suggest they go? a campsite in the new forest? or maybe we could open those nice friendly camps so beloved in the 1940's now that would empty the old council houses that are under occupied....i know we could also put a nice sign....let me think?? i know WORK MAKES YOU FREE....nice slogan!!! we could put it above the electified gates...what planet are you actually on????

Bedroom tax is a good idea ...

But there will be smaller places once the people that need bigger move out.

On this occasion, no, I don't think you've helped at all. So, if you don't mind, I'll not be adding to your reputation by pressing the black starry thing.

Perhaps, with your incredible lack of empathy, the Benefits Forum isn't the place for you ...

• Confused 1

During Labour's government, they permitted the following abuses of the Legal aid System.

It costs the taxpayer nearly £5million a year to monitor him.

Well the tory party are no strangers to wasting tax payers money like the west coast rail fiasco costing £50 million not to mention the torys have also spent millions trying to deport Abu Qatada.

I dont know why the government are making a fus and wrongly accusing him of being a terrorist. Do they base this on evidence obtained by torture? Yes, then they support evidence gained by torture.

Innocent til proven guilty no?

Leave the bloke alone I say. He has not asked the tax payer to put police outside his house has he?

Anyway its a bit rich these puppets in the theatre of westminster calling him a terrorist while during this decade more than a million innocent women and children have been killed by western troops sent by them.

We can all sling mud around at the torys and at labour.

Something interesting to consider with regard to the 'bedroom tax':

We have a neighbour who lives on his own in a three bedroom social housing property. He works from home and pays his rent. He uses the other two rooms for stock.

Another neighbour lives on his own also in a three bedroom social housing property. Like the former he also works and pays his rent.

Yet another neighbour who is a pensioner lives in a two bedroom house and will be exempt.

Now considering that social housing rent is on average cheaper than the private sector why should they all not be forced to downgrade!!! It is not right when the primary reason for the 'bedroom tax' is to free up houses!!!

As for the MP' s, Councillor's etcetera, why don't they set an example and scrap expenses!!! Don't quote the usual c**p about it being part of the 'job entitlement' and 'all above board', just do the MORALLY CORRECT THING AND DON'T CLAIM THEM YOU SCROUNGING S***S!!!

If your neighbours pay their own rent and don't receive HB, then they are not affected by the bedroom tax at all.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Apparently, (I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard this) he claimed £40 for one breakfast?

I would like to see him try living on £51 a week too. But it has to be for a year or so for him to see how difficult it is.

There was a series of programmes on telly a few years ago about poverty and a few MP's including IDS where invited to live on single adult income support rate for a few weeks to see if they could do it ..

Guess who duct out at the start of the series ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Another one

You have taken the bait hook line and sinker.

The government could deport him tomorrow but they choose not to.

Why?

Because they have an ulterior motive.

Firstly the government complain that they cant deport this dangerous terrorist because of silly european human rights.

The propaganda media whip up a public frenzy causing an outrage by the public that this man cant be deported.

The government then come up with a cunning plan. Yes we will stop these stupid european human rights that hamper our courts, freedom and security.

The public cheer, yay we want our human right taken away,,yay yay yay for Dave!

Human rights taken with public support.

Talk about sleep walking off a cliff! Lol

That my friends is politics.

• Haha 1