CC Debt not showing up on my credit file.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got an historic CC debt with HSBC which I CCA'd in August 2007 and they wrote back saying they couldn't find the Credit Agreement. There's been no potentially payment since Summer 2006, however unlike my other debts this ones completely missing from my credit files (Noddle & Checkmyfile). Has this already disappeared off my file or is there a chance its not linked correctly?

Probably been and gone. Are you still being chased? If so, send the Statute Barred letter and see what comes back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If it isnt on there after all this time, it wont ever get on there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

As you have use 2 CRA's that use ''2nd hand'' data I would suggest that you check either Experian or Equifax as well, as the others are not always reliable.

If you are sure that the following is correct in regard to the missing debt then it is statute barred.

There must be 6 clear years without any payment (to any party) made in regard to the debt (5 years inScotland) and no unequivocal written admission of liability for the debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I think they are able to see how long the file has been clear for, but not the old entries since they have been removed. Prime lenders are looking at 3-5 years of Clear and stable history now, even though they are the ones that caused the financial meltdown. Each lender has their own criteria, but the normal criteria is around 3-5 years clear.

They can see the time it has been clear. They cant see any debts or historic entries as they dont exist. If you had a debt that was removed today and it was the only debt on there, then they would simply see that the file was clear for one day. Thats my understanding of it anyway.

I would stay far far away from sub prime lenders. APart from the extortionate interest rates they charge, they do some really shady stuff.

The accounts will no longer form any part of your credit record so will not be there for potential lenders to see.

BUT mortgage lenders look to a much longer period of good++ credit management these days often up to 5 years,

so removal of one or two default entries will improve the ''credit score'' to a degree you will need to have other accounts

showing good credit management for a the very least 3 years, even ''subprime'' lenders are very cautious now.

Things to avoid are multiple credit applications in a short period of time these leave search ''footprints'' on your credit

files which most certainly have a serious impact on credit worthiness.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: