Credit Ref Agency wont remove report.

Its WAR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What are the details and the arguements about the file?

Halifax

Beaten twice!

Aktiv capital default

Removed!

Thames Credit default

Removed!

Barclaycard Default

Removed!

Welcome Finance PPI

Paid in full after LBA

Ex-wifes Barclays

Beaten!

Its a GE bank entry showing a whole row of 54321 numbers. The account was paid off in 2002. I have asked GE, Experian & Equifax to remove the item as the account is closed. They have all had statuatory notices and all of them refuse to comply. I have threatened to sue, so I expect that is the next stage. Any ideas on the particulars of claim and compensation amounts I could suggest so that they decide to remove, rather than go to Court.

Its WAR

Its a GE bank entry showing a whole row of 54321 numbers. The account was paid off in 2002. I have asked GE, Experian & Equifax to remove the item as the account is closed. They have all had statuatory notices and all of them refuse to comply. I have threatened to sue, so I expect that is the next stage. Any ideas on the particulars of claim and compensation amounts I could suggest so that they decide to remove, rather than go to Court.

Lots of discussions on this including particulars of claim over in the Legalities section :)

Have to agree with tink on that one, with my very limited knowelage! what you are proposing to do is BIG TIME! (sue the CRA's) you should read and digest the surlybond files (!) as he seems to be the one in the know. The CRA's are stating the industry standard that they keep records for six years after the account closure date, this six years has been okay'd by the information commissioner. Now the argument is that although the 6 years is ok by the IC, that does not mean it is okay in the eyes of the law. I don't think that has been challanged in a court as yet, but wont be long i'm sure, the CAG seem to break new ground daily! The law i refer to, in my humble understanding, is that of contractual law. For example, i have a loan, i sign the credit agreement (the contract) and the loans runs for 2 years without problem and then is paid up and finished. Now, when i signed the agreement, i gave consent for the bank to pass on data to the CRA's (in the smallprint). fine, i knew that, however, when the agreement ended, on the final payment, then the contract becomes no more, finito.... If the contract has ended, then so did the consent you gave, but still the CRA's hold and show this information without your consent. I understand that it doesn't have to be say a paid up loan, i could have fallen behind in my example and been issued a default. If a default is issused, then the contract has been terminated eary by the lender - so again, no contract, no consent to process data.......

I have written to callcredit and posted it today, asking for their views on this matter, as at present, i have my own CRA problems!!

Please correct me if i am misinformed, if i am correct, then slap yourselves on the back as all my info has come from you guys!!

blanch

:confused:

Halifax

Beaten twice!

Aktiv capital default

Removed!

Thames Credit default

Removed!

Barclaycard Default

Removed!

Welcome Finance PPI

Paid in full after LBA