Can't believe it has happened again - no ESA payment :(

sar2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some of you kindly reassured me on a previous post when my son's ESA didn't go in on time.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?385670-ESA-not-paid-does-this-happen-often

I checked the account today as a payment was due Friday. Now I know it was bank holiday Friday but usually where payment falls on a a Bank Holiday the benefit payment is early...well guess what nothing paid AGAIN.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do. I cant cope having to deal with this every 2 weeks. The phone calls take an age being on hold all the time and then I have to wait for them to call me back etc etc...

I know some people on here work/did work for DWP and wondered if they could shed any light on this.

This is the only money my son has and he is relying on me again financially until this is sorted out :(

Really not happy at all x

Sometimes, and I'm not saying it's the case here, payments don't always show up as expected with online banking. Rarely, granted, but I've had occasions where money isn't showing as credited online but is still in and available in my account. Bit of a long shot but might be worth trying the cashpoint if you happen to be passing one ...

Hi

I checked the cash point earlier today which prompted me to check online.

Totally fuming - costs a fortune in phone calls as well.

Once is unfortunate - twice is a joke. I just cannot see how this can happen. Last time I was told they didn't really understand why..

:mad2:

Hi

Once is unfortunate - twice is a joke. I just cannot see how this can happen. Last time I was told they didn't really understand why..

It probably happened because of a computer error. Which isn't your fault (or your son's) and you or he should call on Tuesday and ask for an explanation and an instant payment. Ask if there's anything he's doing wrong that is causing this problem.

And I can't disagree with those who suggest a formal complaint. Benefits should be paid on time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This happened four or five times to my OH; his ESA is due every other Thursday. There was no explantion for it, and we were told to ring up two days before payment was due to make sure his payment was in the system! We complained to our MP, and - touch wood! - it hasn't happened since despite not ringing up!

Some of you kindly reassured me on a previous post when my son's ESA didn't go in on time.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?385670-ESA-not-paid-does-this-happen-often

I checked the account today as a payment was due Friday. Now I know it was bank holiday Friday but usually where payment falls on a a Bank Holiday the benefit payment is early...well guess what nothing paid AGAIN.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do. I cant cope having to deal with this every 2 weeks. The phone calls take an age being on hold all the time and then I have to wait for them to call me back etc etc...

I know some people on here work/did work for DWP and wondered if they could shed any light on this.

This is the only money my son has and he is relying on me again financially until this is sorted out :(

Really not happy at all x

Yes it always does seem to be ESA for some reason.

Between myself and my wife we have DLA, AA, SRP, IIDB, Pension Credit as well as ESA. All except ESA hit the account when they should and have had no problems.

Yet ESA seems a world on its own. 4 times since Christmas it has failed to appear. The last was when it was due on the 21st March. nothing all day, checked again on the 22nd still nothing. Telephoned them after lunch on the 22nd and was told that they wouldn't be able to do anything until Monday 25th as it was past 1pm. They said it had 'failed' whatever that means.

Monday came and I had a telephone call at 2.15pm to tell me that it will hit the bank by 7pm!!!!

When asked what the **** was going on all they could tell me that it was a computer glitch and that my claim was a clerical one. They couldn't confirm that it wouldn't happen again, but if it did I should ring up again.

Still no wiser and expecting the same to happen again!

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. Although I take no comfort whatsoever from knowing it happens to others too at least I know it is not personal to my family.

I will call them Tuesday as my son does not have capacity for dealing with DWP so it all comes down to me.

That is a good idea to maybe call a couple of days before because his payments are due on Fridays and if I forget to check the bank then it ruins my weekend once I realise it has not gone nt and I have to wait until the Monday (or in this case Tuesday!)

I suppose we are lucky that I work and can cover the money until they sort it out but that might not always be the case

xx

yep happens 3 times with the mrs esa

should have been paid Friday

didn't happen

now no money till Tuesday atleast

great easter this way!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep happens 3 times with the mrs esa

should have been paid Friday

didn't happen

now no money till Tuesday atleast

great easter this way!!

dx

Am really sorry to hear that you are in the same situation - awful isn't it. :sad:

The problem is that no one will ever give a reason why it happens or even say that it won't happen again. Their general attitude is one of 'Oh here we go again another can't work, won't work case, what do you expect - miracles?'

Then it's 'we will have to ring you back, I've sent an email - it's gone past 1pm so you'll have to wait till tomorrow sometime' And if you don't ring back you ask - 'well give us another ring and I'll send another email, more urgent this time'.

Hi

The DWP and housing benefits use BACS payment system.

http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Businesse...gCalendar.aspx

There are No BACS payments on 29,30,31 March and 1st April 2013,I would check again on the morning of 2nd April 2013.

Good luck.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

The DWP and housing benefits use BACS payment system.

http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Businesse...gCalendar.aspx

There are No BACS payments on 29,30,31 March and 1st April 2013,I would check again on the morning of 2nd April 2013.

Good luck.

Obviously not, but given that the money is supposed to be in his bank account by the the 29th and the DWP knowing that there are no BACS transfers on the 29th, it wouldn't take a great deal of intelligence from the DWP to do the transfer on the 28th??? Maybe the answer is too simple for the DWP to comprehend.