Advice to tenant on complex situation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I have been renting a flat on my sole name for a 2,6y. But we were there living with my wife. Now when things with wife become not so good we are now through our separation procces. Tenancy run out last week and wifey refuses vacate the property with our 3.6y old daughter. As she never been on a tenancy agreement LL agency says that they can't do nothing about it. And as I were a sole tenant, despite me moving out of the property and giving all the keys (exept wifes) to the property back to Estate Agent. They saying that I am breeching the tenancy agreement, because I didn't give them vaccant possesion at the end of the tenancy. And if I will not get them out of the property they will apply to the court to get repossesion order, and they will file a case to me, not the wife. And they are saying that I am still liable for the rent etc. I can trick them to get them out of the property (wife and daughter) and give that vaccant possesion. But obviously I will make them homeless, and the court that I am in with my wife right now will not be to keen on the fact that Father just thrown coldbloodily his wife and a kid to the streets. I am right now stuck between rock and a hard place. Can anyone give any advice? Wifey just changed the locks on the property, despite not having the right to do that. To be honest I don't really want to pay rent on the property I am not living in or even can't get into...

It was shorthold tenancy agreement, renewed every 6 months. Nottice to vacate the property was in december. Wife was complitedly aware of it.

Well I did...there is one way to get her out, but if I will do that thing I will be portrayed in anegative light like a bad father, who kicks out his wife and kid out of the house to the streets. Surprisingly judge made no note when we rised housing issue on the last hearing. Her Barrister indicated that the wife was attempting to claim Housing benefit and seeking a place to live. I can't understand how she can claim housing benefit if she has no tenancy agreement, and I can't see any way she will be able to find any other place to live it as she is unemployed, and speaks almoust no English. I am in really tough situation...I just can't afford to pay for a property where I am living now, for her property and Legal Expenses altogether...And most depressing is that there is nothing could be done about it...

So, she is unemployed, speaks almost no English? What do you expect her to do? If I was in the same situation I would probably do exactly the same thing and be extremely worried that she and her/your child would become homeless, she needs to go to the local council and ask for emergency re homing due to being evicted from her home! How is she feeding her child and herself and paying the bills? Sorry if I seem to be attacking you but you just want to abandon her and the child in a country she isnt used to and is finding it hard to communicate in?