Universal credit, disabled people and working hours

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I remember reading somewhere that if you work for less than 35 hours a week, you're still expected to job hunt. What happens to disabled who can work; but can't work full time to their disabilities? In theory, I could probably work 16 hours a week; but because it would have to be when I can, it's not going to happen.

I do not think the 35 hour rule applies if you have a disability. Surely it only applies for those who can work these hours and have been on JSA? You will need to find out the rules from the DWP and go to your local Job Center Plus place and then ask them what about help they can give you to get back into work. If you work less that certain hours, surely you are also still entitled to some benefits and to credits in work and to help if you are disabled through Access to Work? I have also been thinking about working limited hours as from next month, but have a long term disability, health problems, am a full time carer and my husband is recovering from cancer treatment; I have no idea how the new rules will affect me but I am keen to find out because if they can help me back into work: I intend to go for it.

I remember reading somewhere that if you work for less than 35 hours a week, you're still expected to job hunt. What happens to disabled who can work; but can't work full time to their disabilities? In theory, I could probably work 16 hours a week; but because it would have to be when I can, it's not going to happen.

I think this is the rule for UC when paid to someone who's claiming because they are unemployed. People on ESA are not expected to look for work, although if you were to find a suitable job you might be able to do Permitted Work.

I have no idea what the UC rules will be for those claiming because of an incapacity. It's about time I found out, I guess - this trainwreck is grinding its way down the line.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.