Northampton Court ignoring correspondence. Issued Judgement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have send 3 separate sets of paperwork to NBCC all by RD and they have been ignored. I have now received a Judgement for Claimant. I am worried sick. How do I get these people to answer me and acknowledge that I have put in a defence. Thank you in advance.

Thank you so much for your reply. This is to do with SE Water bill. I have requested that I be allowed to have a water distiller. There is legislation allowing this. Communications all ignored.

Sent all correspondence to the "court". All sent by Rd. No acknowledgement,or response to any letters. Today, after my post here, I received another "communication" from the "court" stating that it was a "full admission". All paperwork 100% contradicts this. They have no paperwork that suggest admission of "guilt". Any help would be very much appreciated.

Why did you not do this online ? I don't think I would risk sending in loads of paperwork to a bulk processing centre.

See if you find out the phone number for their complaints or an email address for them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You need to phone the Court. 0845 408 5302. You could email, but they may ignore that too. Insist you speak to someone in authority and make sure you get their full name.

Northampton is a bulk issuing centre, but that is no excuse for ignoring your papers.

Do you have the details of who signed for them? If not you can find out on the Royal Mail track and trace.

You must get this sorted out very quickly so phone the court now and tell them what has happened. It will be helpful if you can retrieve the names from track and trace before you call.

Print off the signature(s) on the track and trace page.

You will have to get the Judgment set aside on the basis that you replied and told them you intended to defend, and they have mislaid the papers.

After numerous attempts to post, I hope this one will work. Thank you to all who have responded.

I am very, very suspicious about email and phone calls. I need all to be done through the postal "system", as it is very slightly less suspect than other methods! I simply cannot cope with calling these people and being fobbed off, as I will undoubtebly be. I really cannot cope with this.

They have 3 sets of paperwork very clearly showing that I am defending this, and will never, ever admit owing this money.

Have you done the track and trace on the Royal Mail website? Your receipt will give you the reference number. Type it in and it will show you the signature, and hopefully their printed name as well. And of course it will give the date it was signed for.

When did you get the claim form?

When did you post the acknowledgment, and when did you post in the Defence?

Obviously nothing can now be done before the Holiday Weekend.

I do think you need to think about phoning them though. I have phoned Courts on loads of occasions and I have never found them to be less than helpful. If you do not do something very quickly SE Water's solicitors may go for an attachment of earnings or even worse send in a bailiff and this can all be avoided but you must act very quickly.

The first thing you will need to do next week is make an application for the judgment to be set aside.

Do you live or work close to the Court? If not, did you apply for your case to be moved to a nearer Court.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but we do need to move on this with as much information as possible.

DD

I really appreciate your answers. I wll try to answer the Q's

I sent the ack. on 19.2 and the Defence within the time limit. Sent by RD with addtiona copies proof of posting.

I don't live or work near the court am in receipt of benefits). I did ask for it to be moved to a nearer court.

They have now sent a reply but state that is is classed as a full admission. However, in every letter I have made it very clear I am defending it.

Text is jumping about. Have to stop posting for now. I think that's all for now. Thank you for the advice.

Yes, I'll try to do that. I have around 10 receipts (some RD, some proof of posting) so I don't think they can petend they haven't received my paperwork. They clearly have read none of it.

Thank you for your help. I'll follow your advice. It's a real weight off my mind having your clear advice.:-(

Daniella I will try to get the RM signature informaton and then get back to you. I will read up on "set aside" procedure.

Gany I will try to briefly explain. On the acknowledgement I sent an accompanying letter asking about court procedure and fee remission etc.

On the response form I sent an accompanying letter asking that my questions be answered. I ticked "I dispute the full amount". I enclosed a statement headed up DEFENCE. All sent by RD plus extra copies by proof of posting.

Thank you both for your replies.

No that's fine. They were Q's about procedure eg fee I might have to pay to proceed, possibility of time extension to prepare defence, etc.

They have handed it over to DCAs already - incredible! I sent a copy of my latest complaint letter which had been sent to NBCC, to the DCA.

I feel fairly confident about getting it resolved, especially with the advice from this site, which has made a huge difference. Fingers crossed!

Seems hard to see how that would be an admission.

I sent a clearly headed CPR15.5 letter to NBCC enclosing a copy of the confirmation of extension from the claimant's solicitor and NBCC accepted that as my Defence !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That's interesting! Is the information on how to do that on this site? Maybe I'll just do a search? Thanks

To do what ?

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well, I thought there might be some information which I could use? This is all new to me.

My apologies, I thought you were going to be researching a specific question/situation :)

We are always happy to answer your questions or post links to threads, etc :)

BCOBS

Thanks to all for your help. Saturday: I have sent copies of previous letters stating again that I am defending the case. In addition, today I sent more copies of the same letters, all with Proof of Posting. I will update as and when I have a response. Thanks again.