style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are currently paying BH £130 a week (TV, washer, sofa, laptop and fridge freezer), I have worked out that in OSC we are paying a whopping £18.95 a WEEK! I have read we don't need this as everything comes with a warranty, which it does as TV, washer and fridge freezer all came with them from the manufacturer. Plus the £9.08 a week for DLC. We don't have home contents insurance, and were told we need DLC because of this, also we were misled in to accepting the OSC on everything.

I know we can cancel the OSC, but can we cancel the DLC as well? And can we claim back everything we have paid in regards to both? If we do cancel them (or just the OSC) and claim everything back, is it likely BH will terminate our contracts and want the items back?

Any advice is really appreciated! Thanks!

you don't HAVE to have ANY insurance on HP agreements

no matter what they say

get reclaiming.

see the threads and stickies in this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am writing this for a friend, so some info may be missing.

She got a washer & dryer in Sept 2012, a TV in Jan 2013, Laptop in Feb 2013 and a coffee table last week. She was due to be paid yesterday (28/03/2013) because of the bank holiday but wasn't, she rang DLA to be told her claim has been stopped due to info that she has a partner living there. She hasn't, she is a disabled single mum to 2 children.

She doesn't want to send the items back and is planning to just ignore BH when they ring on Saturday for payment, and any other times they ring as DLA have said they can't say when she will get the money started again. I worked out (thanks to this site) that she is paying over £30 a week extra in their 'insurances'! She has never had a late payment with them and they have always been nice with her.

She would like to know what will happen if she doesn't pay them, and ignores the door/phone? I know their 'heavies' aren't bailiffs and can't actually do something, but will they take her to court? And if that happens, what will the court do? I have looked and can't work it out. Will they get her to return the items and pay what she can afford every week to pay off what she owes? Or can she keep the items?

Also, what does the court order that BH obtain mean? Can they let themselves into the property to take the things of does she need to invite them then they can take it with or without her permission? I have seen a few comments saying people have refused to pay for quite a few weeks, then BH have offered a re-write, would they do this? Please help, I am so worried for her because I think they may get the police involved. Thanks.

Just got this off another site, is it true?

'My mate is a credit manager for perfect homes... same thing as brighthouse... if you dont pay them by law there only allowed to chase you for money for 12 weeks, anythink after that they have to wipe the debt and if they continue to make contact you can sue for harrasment, its called a high risk agreement, if they take you to court a judge would just laugh at them for signing it in the first place... its all in the small print!'

Just got this off another site, is it true?

'My mate is a credit manager for perfect homes... same thing as brighthouse... if you dont pay them by law there only allowed to chase you for money for 12 weeks, anythink after that they have to wipe the debt and if they continue to make contact you can sue for harrasment, its called a high risk agreement, if they take you to court a judge would just laugh at them for signing it in the first place... its all in the small print!'

Absolute RUBBISH!

sadly 90% odf what you have posted is very wrong..

..and you need to tell the sites where ever you are reading this that they are wrong too.

people could get into serious problems by following it.

firstly, lets blow one 'myth' out the water.....

absolutely under NO CIRCUMSTANCES

with or without a court order

do ANY BH employed personnel

have any right to enter any properties.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

even WITH A COURT ORDER

they STILL CANNOT ENTER any homes

that's the job of a COURT BAILIFF ONLY.

time to get reclaiming on the other issues

there is NO legal requirement for ANY HP agreement

to have ANY insurances OSC/DLC

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sadly 90% odf what you have posted is very wrong..

..and you need to tell the sites where ever you are reading this that they are wrong too.

people could get into serious problems by following it.

firstly, lets blow one 'myth' out the water.....

absolutely under NO CIRCUMSTANCES

with or without a court order

do ANY BH employed personnel

have any right to enter any properties.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

even WITH A COURT ORDER

they STILL CANNOT ENTER any homes

that's the job of a COURT BAILIFF ONLY.

time to get reclaiming on the other issues

there is NO legal requirement for ANY HP agreement

to have ANY insurances OSC/DLC

dx

I have sent a letter off to head office to cancel the insurances on my BH items, so should be all set soon :D (I'm referring to my other post.)

This one, 100% has nothing to do with me. Was telling a very close friend about this site and the fact that I can get my DLC and OSC back and taken off, she asked me to post this. She won't pay them, I have told her she has signed an agreement but she is having none of it. TBH I can't believe her stupidity. She knows she won't be able to afford it for a few weeks, and defo won't be able to afford the charges when her money is sorted, but hey ho.

I'm just worried as to what will happen if she doesn't pay or return the items? Can anyone give me any clue please? Just then I can inform her?

Ok, I have lost my previous thread! Bit of background;

Friend has had her money stopped (DLA) while she is investigated and doesn't know when it will be sorted. She can't pay BH but won't return the items she has. She was planning just to ignore them but seeing as she hasn't paid hardly anything off her items, I think they won't go away so easily (I am guessing she still has a few grand left to pay all in all, roughly 4/5 grand by my calculation).

After talking to her nearly all night, I have managed to persuade her in to at least talking to BH about what has happened. She will in no way be able to afford the charges and arrears that will be placed on her account, so she has decided to buy a second hand washer dryer, coffee table and bed as I have said I will help her pay for these (I would rather go without a few luxuries than let a life long friend get herself in to this situation).

She has said when she has the second hand ones, she will gladly return these 3 items to BH, but is wanting to keep the TV and laptop and pay them every week like she originally was as she can afford these 2 if her DLA gets stopped again. Will this work? It will take a few weeks to get everything she needs as the washer dryer and bed need to be low so she can reach them and easily accessible, and I need to find the money, so she will be roughly 5-6 weeks in arrears with BH when she returns them.

Can she return the 3 items to BH, and on the same day will BH allow her to do a re-write for the laptop and TV? She got the TV in Jan 2013 and laptop in Feb 2013. This is the best solution I can come up with, will it work? Oh, and I have told her to make sure that crappy DLC and OSC aren't on her new agreement!! Thanks :-)

Dx, you have been an awful lot of help on 2 of my threads, thank you. I sent the letters next day recorded yesterday, so hopefully they will be read within a couple of days (excusing the bank holiday), and the extras will be off my items soon :)

Hi feedthefrog,

You need to take a copy of the letter to your store as it's the store manager who authorises the removal of the OSC & DLC plus it will be done quicker as HO tend to misplace letters.

Bessy4