Goldfish/Cabot

Horsen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks.

I have just had my SAR letter returned saying that there was no cheque for £10 inside.

I enclosed a P.O. for the amount and following a caggers sound advice I photographed both sides of the P.O.

with the letter it was also marked for SAR only.

The letter was sent Special Delivery and received just over a week ago.

Should I wait until I find out from the Post Office if it has been cashed before I re-apply, cancel it now and ask for a refund

or should I just write back to Barclays with a copy of the photographs enclosed?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do both Post Office & Barclays make sure you keep copies of all correspondence.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I have been dealing with another debt on this forum and mirroring the advice given with this debt.

In the last couple of days I received a reply from Cabot about the CCA request I made last week.

They stated that they have requested the info from the original lender?

I had the NOA when Goldfish sold the debt a few years back.

The debt refers to a credit card taken out about 13 years ago and I can't remember if I applied online for it.

I know I don't have any of the original paperwork from that time and when I SAR'd Goldfish all I got back was a letter saying there wasn't a cheque with the request.

I am still waiting to hear from the P.O. if my postal order was cashed.

Do I send an "Account in dispute" letter now or wait until the 12 + 2 days is up?

Got the feeling that I might have been milked more than a herd of cows!!!!!

Wait for the 12+2 days then send the dispute letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Check your credit files, see if this is on there, doubt it given the length of time.

If it isn't just ignore them, unless you have paid anything within the last six years on this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka Boo.

Debt is on there showing as Defaulted which is correct. Had NOA from Cabot and have been paying regularly. ( Please don't shout at me about that.) As a lot of people I have only been aware of havens like CAG for a short time and am still learning what options there have been available to me. Have already SAR'd original lender, see post 1. I know I paid PPI which Goldfish told me to stop when I took voluntary redundancy and first got into financial difficulty. As you know you can't claim on PPI for that. As an aside, what cap badge is that on your avatar? Looks like R.A.

Yes it is R.A.

How much are you paying them each month?

How much of the total balance is fees/charges that you can reclaim?

When did you default on this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As cannot has replied saying they are looking i am not sure if i would even send the full account in dispute letter. At most I would send a letter saying as they are in breach of your s78 request you will ne ceasing payments until such a time as they can validate any liability.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi folks,

Bazooka: Paying £20 pm, am waiting to find out how much is due to charges/fees etc. Went into default Feb 2008. Sold to Cabot a couple of months later. Been paying them since then minus a few missed payments.

Fletch: I live in hope that they will do the same with me but I am not holding my breath.

Hmm, I would be inclined to drop those payments to £1 a month...

£20 a month seems steep, especially as this is a non priority debt and there will be fees/charges to reclaim...

If they can not produce a cca and admit as much why pay anything at all. £1 a month will just keep the debt alive for ever. Then when you die they will have a preferential claim on your estate if there is one.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi folks,

We all live and learn. I have never doubted I owe the money to someone and thought I was doing the right thing. Didn't realise that people like DCA's acted the way they can and do. I just wanted to be debt free, it was the way I was brought up. As it stands they won't be receiving any more until they prove they own the debt and the CCA request is satisfied. As for when I die I will await a doorstep visit from one of their agents. Don't know where I will end up. Either way they will have to get past the doorman.:lol:

It isn't clear whether they can or can't provide the CCA yet?

If they can't provide one, then yes put the account in dispute and stop paying. But they should be given the full time limit in which to respond before stopping payments.

Hi Nailpost,

In the scheme of things it might not make any difference. On the other hand could they make me bankrupt due to the amount I owe, if they prove I owe it? If they do prove it I can't afford to take that route. I want to take one step at a time but look four steps ahead. Plus if everybody stopped paying what they owed where would that leave the country? In the middle of a triple dip recession where the bankers get huge bonuses? No thanks but I'd rather be in the nice fiscal state we are in right now. Off to pack my backs to count my money in the off shore accounts in Cyprus.

I wouldn't even begin to worry about the finances of the country, if needs be they can just print more money, money is false anyway, we've just been lied to about it.

When the time runs out for them to supply the CCA then send the account in dispute letter, and stop paying.

What is the total amount on this owing?

Bankruptcy is miles away and their is lots of hurdles they need to jump in order to satisfy the court before doing so, so you can forget any notion of that for the time being.

They will need to have all of their ducks in order way before that, and if they fall at the first hurdle and fail to supply the CCA then BR is a non starter.

Hi folks,

Don't know if it has any bearing on this but I have been looking at the paper work that I have kept. Debt was assigned to Cabot in April 2008 and it was only in October 2008 that they served me with the Default Notice. Would this affect the case? Thanks in advance.

Default and termination from the original creditor, then sold on to whoever so check the dates.

money is false anyway, we've just been lied to about it.
(touch of fotl there R?)

Illegitimi non carborundum

That is extremely suspect, a BOA sent in April, followed by a DN in October?

Definitely a cause for dispute, and most certainly a cause for a formal complaint to Goldfish, and Cr@pbot get nothing, if you wish to send them a 'no debt acknowledged' or 'In dispute' letter then by all means.

But Goldfish are the ones who need to be brought to book here..

So according to that you were defaulted by crapbot? not the oc?

ooh, love it,

as BB says, NOA in April followed by DN in October.?

Dispute all the way....

Illegitimi non carborundum