Continued Telephone Calls & Texts For Unknown Recipient From Opos

hanc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am in the position of receiving continued telephone calls and text messages on my mobile asking for aand aimed at a person unkown to me.

having googled the telephone number 01618 501460, they appear to be coming from a company called Opos.

They ask if i am this named female which I obviously am not since I am male.

They then continue to ask if they can speak to her and make all sorts of allegations and comments when I inform that they have a wrong number, I do not know her and they must be mistaken.

I also continue to receive repaeated Text messages asking this female to call differenttly named individual regarding various matters.

Different reasons are given in different messages, which come form different mobile numbers, but the quoted reference number is always the same.

I have asked them on several occasions to stop calling and texting me but they continue to do so.

What needs to be done to stop this ?

Next time they phone, see if you can speak to a manager about getting your number deleted, as they have the wrong person. May be easier than arranging to block numbers or have to write to complain. I think there is a helpline or online reporting system where you can report nuisance mobile calls.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2012/10/tackling-nuisance-calls-and-messages/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

write or email the data controller at their head office quoting the telephone number that they are ringing you on and inform them that they have the wrong number and that under the data protection act they are required to keep upto date and accurate records.

Warn them if they continue to harass you then you will have no option but to contact the ICO.

I was advised to do this by the ICO and it worked like a dream with a letter of apology from the offending company.

hope this helps

M

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

Many, many thanks for the quick and informative repeonses.

I will try these courses of action as it is becoming rather tiresom now.

Very kind regards.

And yet another call from them today directed to thid same person although froma different number this time - 08443 722128.

Time to escalate the complaint I think.

Next time they ring ask them some security questions ( D.O.B., inside leg, last time they went out on the town etc) and when they refuse to answer the questions get snotty with them and hang up. jaw.gif

Or say 'I'll see if I can find them wait 2-3 mins and say no they still dont live and and I still don't know them but if you would like to try again on the 31st April I'll see if I can find them.' :lol:

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I had the same trouble with Barclaycard who, for some reason, had my mobile number for a woman who lived many miles from me and who was behind with payments. I also had the same difficulties with a garage and a dentist surgery who rang my number for the same woman. Telling the Barclaycard callers they had the wrong number did not seem to register.

Eventually B'card passed the account to a debt collector. At this point I e-mailed Barclaycard and the collector informing them in no uncertain terms the number they held for their customer was wrong. I demanded confirmation by return the number would be removed from their databases and informed them any further contact - it was getting beyond a joke - would result in action being taken against them. The calls ceased.