Clued up Girl Vs Barclays

Clued up girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, please can anyone answer a couple of questions for me?

1) I am about to submit N1 claim form to court..I just include N1 form completed, schedule of charges inc 8% and payment - is that all I need?

(I have all correspondence together for my bundle)

2) There has been a delay between my letter before action and now (nearly 2 months, due to unforseen circumstances) Is this going to be a problem, or do I need to start the whole procedure again as I am outside my agreed time frame?

I didn't get any monetary offer, just the usual, we will look into this in 8 weeks ish. I wrote saying their response was unsatisfactory and sent LBA, but this was last year, have I left it too late??

Thank you for your time. X

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi.:D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, please can anyone answer a couple of questions for me?

1) I am about to submit N1 claim form to court..I just include N1 form completed, schedule of charges inc 8% and payment - is that all I need?

(I have all correspondence together for my bundle)

2) There has been a delay between my letter before action and now (nearly 2 months, due to unforseen circumstances) Is this going to be a problem, or do I need to start the whole procedure again as I am outside my agreed time frame?

I didn't get any monetary offer, just the usual, we will look into this in 8 weeks ish. I wrote saying their response was unsatisfactory and sent LBA, but this was last year, have I left it too late??

Thank you for your time. X

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi.:D

Hi there

I have done the same thing with Alliance and Leicester, sent LBA but never carried out the threat. When I asked the same question in the A & L forum someone replied saying I should go for it anyway, which I might if my Barclays one is successful :)

Good luck :)

i think you need to start from the prliminary letter , send it off ,give them 14 days then send the LBA ,another 14 days then proceed with court action.

stick to that timetable you should be okay.don't take any chances of it getting struck out for leaving it to long.

good luck.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, need a bit of advice please...I'm at Court stage.

I issued my claim at the Court on 22nd May, the notice of issue says that Barclays had until 7th June to reply. Today I received notice that acknowledgement of service has been filed, but that Barclays filed on 8th June. According to the Court papers, this is 1 DAY LATE. Did they miss the deadline???

Also, when should I send my court bundle? I haven't had any request for the evidence that I intend to submit yet, is it coming or should I send it anyway?

Thanks once again for all the help that I have received from this site, definitely a donation coming your way.;-)

I'm afraid the courts do tend to allow the banks a little grace with regards to deadlines so the fact that Barclays filed their acknowledgement a day late means very little. The fact that they have now filed acknowledgement now gives the defendant a further 14 days to file their defence, which will be 21st June. Once they have done this you will receive a copy of the defence and further directions from the court.

With regards to the court bundle you're actually a little way off needing this just yet. The court bundle will have to be submitted containing all evidence at least two weeks before the hearing date, but you really don't need to worrying about this for the time being and we'll cross that bridge if and when that stage arrives.

• Haha 1

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Barclays are notorious for filing late, and getting away with it.:mad: Frustrating, but it happens. Now they'll have 28 days from the date of service to enter their defence; which they will - probably on the last day!

Don't even THINK about sending a bundle until it's asked for. You haven't reached that stage yet.

The Court will be in touch to ask for any documentation they require, but for now, you have to wait for Barclays to defend.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Do I really have to pay another £100 for my allocation questionnaire (claim is £1500+) if I've already paid £120 court fees? And will I get it back?

Thank you.:)

thank you, but do I get this money back from barclays?

Whilst you're there, can you please advise me on the wording I should use for;

"include a request for the Judge to order a form of 'basic' disclosure from the bank"

on my allocation questionnaire?

:)

"We recommend that include a request for the Judge to order a form of 'basic' disclosure from the bank."

This is what is written on the template for completing "other info" on the allocation questionnaire.

Can anyone help me with the correct wording for this please?

Thank you.:)

thank you, but I have looked on the guide to completing the questionnaire and the only thing it says is;

We recommend that include a request for the Judge to order a form of 'basic' disclosure from the bank.

I just need help with the wording of this please.:)

Thank you! I thought I needed to write a request in this section AND attach that draft, sorry it's me wanting to get this absolutely right!

Thank you, info was very helpful;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I am at the court stage with my claim,

I entered my allocation questionnaire & paid £100 a few weeks ago and since then I have received a letter saying that before the hearing was bought before Judge "Bloggs" in my local court, Barclays had (7 days) until yesterday to enter their allocation questionnaire.

(Sorry, I am at work and don't have the letters with me for exact wording)!

I haven't heard a thing, what should I do?

Haven't been given a court date, haven't sent in bundle, or been asked to!

I did submit a full allocation qu. with all the suggestions and add ons suggested in FAQs. I also included the list of charges made when I filed my claim at court.

I'M WORRIED THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN SOMETHING OR SHOULD BE DOING SOMETHING TO GET THINGS MOVING??!:(

Also if there is anyone out there that could put all my mini threads onto 1 thread that would be great, I'm rubbish on the pc, been doing this claim forever! Thank you, I'm nearly there phew!

Hi Cluedup,

Barclays may send in their AQ late and STILL get it accepted. Maybe wait till next week then speak again to the Court.

It's then up to the judge to reconsider in light of B's failure to comply but you could ask for their Defence to be struck out.

Wait first though to see if the B's AQ gets filed.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Ring court for guidance when you get 2 mins...

Mahatma coat...

• Haha 1

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Thanks Guys,

was good advice to ring the court they told me all I need to know!

Lady said that Barclays entered AQ on 17th July and now I have a court date of 27th August @ 2pm (how exciting!)Says letter went out 2nd class, so now I wait for instructions.

I guess I should send in my court bundle as soon as I receive the letter, try to speed things up (Oh sorry I forgot I'm dealing with the SLOW BANK)!