Clued up Girl Vs Barclays

Clued up girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope I am not premature in saying thank you, but I am doing this bank charge refund thing for my boyfriend & his brother.(boys are the worst!) I sent the first template letter to obtain a copy of all charges, with a cheque for £10 as advised. The bank returned the cheque, saying that my copies will follow & the £10 charge would be waived on this occasion! Guilty, me thinks!

Will let you know what happens next....isn't this exciting?!

I will definitely be donating to this site, the advice has been fantastic. Maybe everyone that is willing to pay the £10 for copy statements & has it returned could donate it to the site instead? Just a thought. ;) X

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi.:D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Clued

Sounds like you are doing fine so far and a VERY good Idea for the £10 and I know the site staff would be very gratful for any donation.

I know the HSBC do return the £10 but dont think many others have done this.

Start a thread in your banks forum and keep us updated on how you are doing and so others can help support you if needed:)

Good luck.

Welly;)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

It is 40 days today that I have waited for my copy statements to arrive from Barclays. THEY'RE NOT HERE! Is it 40 working or actual days that I must wait?

It says in the FAQ to report them for breach, but wanted to check I wasn't being too hasty? Don't really want to phone them as I understand they are RUDE and I'm sure they will put it to the bottom of the pile. Also I'm doing all this on behalf of my very busy boyfriend (he's giving me half, so I can't complain!) so they won't talk to me anyway!

Appreciate any advice on this guys, thanks.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi.:D

Hi Everyone,

It is 40 days today that I have waited for my copy statements to arrive from Barclays. THEY'RE NOT HERE! Is it 40 working or actual days that I must wait?

It says in the FAQ to report them for breach, but wanted to check I wasn't being too hasty? Don't really want to phone them as I understand they are RUDE and I'm sure they will put it to the bottom of the pile. Also I'm doing all this on behalf of my very busy boyfriend (he's giving me half, so I can't complain!) so they won't talk to me anyway!

Appreciate any advice on this guys, thanks.

No its 40 calener days so they are in breech. you can ring them and ask them where they are also inform them you will report them to the information commissioner or use the courts to enforce compliance.:D

• Confused 1

Have looked everywhere in FAQs - who do I ring to chase up my late statements? Don't want to be ringing around, not speaking to the correct people. Anyone got a number please? - that works???! (for Barclays)

;)

hi there, yes a really useful number is peter townsend at data protection at barclays, 01565 614000 ask for peter townsend or data protection, as its your other halfs account you may needhim to ring and give permission for you to speak on his behalf but its worth a try first off - i think mr townsend was really helpful with my request so who knows!

Thanks for the advice, just called them explaining I am acting on behalf of Mr X (made it sound like i'm legally clued up!) that the date has now passed and if the statements aren't here asap, I will reporting them to info comm.for breach.

The lady took all his details, said she would now fast-track the request & they will be sent out tomorrow!!!! Hooray, at last some progress, I'm SOOOOOO prepared for the next stages, (had 41 days of reading this site!) just need these statements to proceed.

Will keep you posted guys, thanks again for your help.

great news! hopefully you will have them tommorow or sat at latest, might be worth ringing again tommorow if you have nothing and threathen them with the info commisioner!

Although hopefully tommorow you will be totting it all up and getting the pelim in the post!

Sharon

• 1 month later...

:) Hi everyone, I began this process a while back, but due to a holiday and moving house it all got a bit delayed. I'm on the case now.

After Barclays returning my cheque for £10 and my postman nearly dying under the weight of statements received daily for 4 days, I am now claiming £ 1910.00 back in charges on 2 accounts for my partner as he says I'm better at these things (he really doesn't have the time & thinks a pc is something to do with the Police! bless!)

I have entered the charges on to the spreadsheet as advised. I have included the 8% interest on the schedule, however I have made it clear that I am not claiming this money at this stage. I put TOTAL AMOUNT BEING CLAIMED next to the total of charges (not next to the other amount inc interest)

IS THIS OK? I really don't want to have to type it all out again as I didn't save the details of the 1st account's charges, just printed it out & photocopied it loads!

**Please can someone let me know asap as I want to send this off tonight.**

Thank you X

:) Hi everyone, I began this process a while back, but due to a holiday and moving house it all got a bit delayed. I'm on the case now.

After Barclays returning my cheque for £10 and my postman nearly dying under the weight of statements recieved daily for 4 days, I am now claiming £ 1910.00 back in charges on 2 accounts for my partner as he says I'm better at these things (he really doesn't have the time & thinks a pc is something to do with the Police! bless!)

I have entered the charges on to the spreadsheet as advised. I have included the 8% interest on the schedule, however I have made it clear that I am not claiming this money at this stage. I put TOTAL AMOUNT BEING CLAIMED next to the total of charges (not next to the other amount inc interest)

IS THIS OK? I really don't want to have to type it all out again as I didn't save the details of the 1st account's charges, just printed it out & photocopied it loads!

**Please can someone let me know asap as I want to send this off tonight.**

Thank you X

Ok that should be fine but please follow the set process from now on.:D

I've changed my mind & redone the spreadsheets, think it's best to start as I mean to go on, properly!

Ok that's it, here we go on the long road to refund, prelim letter has been posted today. Will keep you all posted on my progress, thank u to the site for your help so far.

I've changed my mind & redone the spreadsheets, think it's best to start as I mean to go on, properly!

Ok that's it, here we go on the long road to refund, prelim letter has been posted today. Will keep you all posted on my progress, thank u to the site for your help so far.

Best of luck, Hopefully a nice chq in time for crimbo:D

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am at the stage when I am filling in MCOL but I have fallen at the 1st hurdle! Can anyone please direct me to how to complete a MCOL, where to find things like "claim description". Sorry, I know I must sound like yet another desperate, panicking person, but I have used your advise on this site up until now with no probs, but I am getting stuck with this.

Don't need step by step, just where to find info.

THANK U THANK U THANK U (in advance) xxx

Thank you that link was perfect, however....

Aaaaggghhh, this really isn't making sense, after following the guidelines on this site, I was sure that at every stage including the LBA, I wasn't to include the o'draft interest in my correspondence. Now when I go to make a MCOL, it says if I haven't claimed o'draft interest, I have to remedy this???? V Confused now? What have I missed?

Its oj dont worry. You dont add interest till court stage. So all letters inc LBA should not have interest included.

In the library you will frin a spreadsheet that you can use in order to calculate your interest and then you can use that for mocl

hope that helps, good luck

Thank you, I have already calculated all interest but by reading that link, I was worried as I thought I had to tell the bank that I was claiming this interest in writing, before I do! Very confusing wording! Sorry, panic over phew!

Thanks again x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am filling in the N1 Claim form and I need to ask a couple of questions please;

1) I am attaching the "simple" charges spreadsheet, is this the correct one or should i use advanced one?

2) I am getting totally confused at the section "value" with regards to Interest under S.69 county courts act, please can someone help me with this asap? I'm really lost, looked everywhere.

Thank you

Thank you for your quick response. What is confusing me is where it says to quote;

charges - this is obvious

overdraft interest - this is total amount of interest on charges.

Interest under s69 - how does this differ from overdraft interest? How do I work it out, is there a formula?

God, you wouldn't believe I have a degree would you???!!! Hope this isn't too obvious! Thank you.

Clued, be calm and do not be in a rush. You could make a mistake if you are in a rush.

Firstly, the basic spreadsheet is already prepared with all calculations for you. All you have to do is to input all applicable charges you are claiming and the total will be displayed automatically. You do not need to input any formula on the spreadsheet.

Secondly, notice that the total shows amount and interest separately. Enter the total amount and interest in the appropriate section within the 'Particulars of Claim' in your N1 form.