• Tweets

• A further suggestion -     Dear Will & John.   I must admit I was in awe of receiving a letter from your esteemed law firm thinking what have I done to deserve such an honour. Perhaps you have discovered a long lost relative has left me a fortune in a will and I could give up work to pursue my love of goat farming using the money to set up a small holding in the outer Hebrides producing fine cheese and goat hair sweaters. Alas no! In bold letters it stated Letter before action almost if one had to get ready for battle and my power ranger pyjamas will have to be on a boil wash first before I can even think about action. Anyway I digress after further research I discovered this is in relation to some parking shenanigans of which I have no knowledge and for a place I've never been to, so as the Private Parking world's best solicitors you should be aware, I know that you know a case isn't going anywhere on the facts as presented. I may add that that not all is lost, as I used your letter to line the cat litter tray. Mr wiggles is most pleased with his firm and absorbent lining beaming happily away as he does his cat business before securing a warm spot in front of the fire as we sit down to watch cash in the attic. Good luck with the soliciting business I hear it can be quite lucrative. P.S – it is uncle Herbert who apparently left a fortune so if you do come across him please let me know…   COPIED TO MINSTER BAYWATCH     Send the letter to Gladstones tomorrow and also invest in a second 2nd class stamp and send a copy to Minster Baywatch.  Get two free Certificates of Posting.  This is because Gladdys have a lot of previous for egging on their clients to start court cases, even though their cases were pants and they were bound to lose, after all it's still £££££ for Will & John.  Let the PPC know too that the only result of a court case will be a massive tonking that will cost them dearly.
    • It is you right to demand all comms by letter only   if you wish to reply. simply state you have failed to give me your banking details i will not be paying by dd sorry.   should you wish my payment proposals to start please supply them. should you fail to do so, i will take this matter to the relevant authorities that govern you   YOu are reminded it is my right to request comms in writing only.   Dx
    • Good news.  They haven't bothered to send the authorisations you asked for, so in your WS later you can say you believe they don't have them.   EDIT  Indeed in your defence now you can state that you believe the claimant doesn't possess important authorisations.
    • Many thanks for your reply @dx100uk    Will begin the ppc cpr 31:14 to DCB and scan everything when I’m home later. Do I just post onto here?    Amounts;     AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. £480 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages. 2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.11 until judgement or sooner payment. 3. Costs and court fees.      What is the value of the claim?   Amount Claimed 625.00 court fees 60.00 legal rep fees 70.00 Total Amount 755.00  
    • Ok no probs thanks for help with this this is where Ive got to so far - total claimable £608.55                       Claim From: 14/12/2009         Total   £608.55                     Claim To:   26/01/2021                                                       Date of Charge Description Amount of Charge Number of Days Elapsed Interest at 8% Simple                     14/12/2009 charges £321.40 4061 £287.15    
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2841 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

i have had a account with perfect homes and

they harrased me when I got into arrears and as a result once standed out side my door for half a hour threatening to call the police.

the fellow resident within the block isnt prepared to make a statement of this.

But she did say on the phone to me that she would phone them which I had said in a letter.

they then decided to speak about my account to my ex partner and phone my mother who was a reference

asking both of them to ask me to get in touch with them as they wanted the dryer back.

I feel that this is a serious breach of confidentiality and after making a formal letter taking loads of advice on the law on here

a manager from the west of England ( I live in Wales) wants a meeting with me

i feel that he wants this to avoid paying any time of compensation.

As I cant see otherwise why someone would travel this far.

i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how i can request compensation

if they refuse how would I take them to court for breach of confidentiality.

As they have not stopped harrasing me I cant see I have a strong enough claim for harassment

the breach of confidentiality is a huge cause of concern as I dint want my ex partner or my mother

who is unwell to know that I am having financial difficulties.

They had been once when I arranged for someone to stay in before all of this to collect the washing machine and dryer

but only took the washing machine and this is the reason i havent given it back as i work full time

and never in so have to have someone to stay and at the moment I dont have anyone.

Thanks for all your help in advance.!!!

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

You say that you were harassed by them. You could send them a letter stating that you felt alarmed and distressed when they called to your home and state that you do not require any further visits from them. Should they make a visit after your request, you would then deem them to be breaking the Protection From Harassment Act, 1997.

As for compensation, - what are your losses? I know that you are annoyed because you did not want your mother and ex-partner to know you have financial difficulties, but in the Court I am sure the Judge would only award compensation for your losses attributed to their breach of confidentiality.

If their breach of confidentiality made them a profit, the Judge could award you all, or some of the profit they made as damages. (account of profits) But I doubt if they made any profit from this breach.

One legal case - campbell VS Mirror Newspaper saw campbell use the ECHR article 8 to sue Mirror Newspaper. I am not sure of the exact amount awarded to Campbell but I remember it being around £2,000 and certainly no more than £3,000... You can google it and find out the right amount.

The Court would award a celebrity more compensation that it would award us ordinary joe bloggs type people. This is because the celebrity has a wider audience and a reputation to protect.

So, to claim compensation for this breach, I think you would need to show what financial losses you have suffered as a result of the breach.

The above is just my opinion which could be wrong! Here is a PDF you can view, it explains how you can take this case to court.

http://www.ico.org.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/taking_a_case_to_court.pdf

If I were you, I would forget about taking this to Court because basically it is your word against theirs - you have no proof. Even if you did win at Court I am afraid the compensation awarded to you (if any) would be very very small. You say that they are harassing you, if you do as I suggested earlier and inform them that you do not want them to call at your home again and if they do you would regard it as a breach of the Protection From Harassment Act. Send them a letter or email (or both) about this, make sure you have proof of sending (email would be proof?). If they then call at your home again after they have received this letter, you should then call the police. As well as this you would have a more stronger court case if you can prove that they broke the protection from harassment act.

Maybe someone else can offer you different advice, but my advice would be just to forget about this, even though the breach is annoying.