• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GP's Receptionist

signmaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looks like good and bad on both sides, but mostly bad, I suppose that you are very lucky if you have an understanding receptionist instead of someone who's just there for the monthly paycheck.

Madamfluff, well done you, more people should speak out in this country, we don't for fear of embarassment, a lot of old people will not complain, and put up with anything thats thrown at them, easy targets aren't they, my mother gets very upset when I speak out for her, sorry mum it has to be done.

I suppose that I have got to the age where I am fed up of being s**t on all of the time, and it's time I stood up for myself, and if that means putting in a complaint against someone who I think is not doing their job properly, then so be it.

After all what have I got to lose?

I remember a receptionist in the practice I done my nursing placement used to ask all sorts of strange questions and decide if it merited seeing the dr. She could be overheard telling patients to go to the chemist as the dr was too busy for that stuff.

How can they decide things like this? I can understand them suggesting we go to the chemist for minor things such as an allergic reaction.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just remind everybody on this thread that you are all paying for the service. You started paying for this service the minute you started working. You should not have to go to a private doctor to be treated respectfully and I definitely think the receptionists are not there to ask you questions about your health. That is definitely not in their job description!

Just as every business should offer excellent customer care...every doctor's surgery should offer excellent patient care. You should not accept anything less. they are being paid over £100,000 per annum to serve us!

All this nonsense about accepting less that satisfactory care because the doctor may be having a bad day is ridiculous and needs to be stopped now! Doctors are paid by the local health board to treat our health issues....and we, in turn pay our taxes and NI for that service. At the last count the amount I have paid approx into that system is £220,000 over 37 years. I have no problem with expecting the best. Fair enough if you want to go and pay for private health care...that's up to you...but never be under the impression that this is a free service...you have paid for it and will continue paying for it until the day you retire.

Thank you.

Well i have to say that my receptionists are all lovely without question. I have no issues with talking to them as they can see your computerised notes anyway.

Do not assume that Drs are happy with the system,they have a framework to adhere to.

I have nothing but praise for my practice who helped care for my stepson while he was dying and took time to talk to and explain things to me when i found my ex dead.

• Haha 1

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• 6 months later...
My local GP does the "ring at 8" thing, I too have used several numbers to get to them. In my area people are lining up on the doorstep of the surgery at 8 so they can get an appointment...

That system stinks and should be abolished.

I agree - This system takes away from Patient Confidentiality.

For example, if I have an embarrassing (potentially serious) problem - I want to discuss it in PRIVATE,

I want it to be between Me, The Doctor and the 4 Walls.

I don't want to have to discuss private matters with a Receptionist.

I can remember having a problem 'of an intimate nature' not so long ago, and when the Receptionist said 'somebody will phone back to ask further questions over the phone' (after getting me to tell her first what my problem was), I was reduced to taking my phone into the bathroom with me (with the taps running) - because I didn't want my teenagers to hear me discussing something that I felt should be discussed in private.

Whoever made up this stupid system probably never thought of this problem.

I also thing its harmful in the long run, because, supposing for example, a young man finds a lump. He is probably SO embarrassed, he only wants to discuss it ONCE and IN PRIVATE.

It might put him off seeking medical advice if he has to:

1) Discuss it with a Receptionist first.

2) Wait for a phone call back - where he might have to discuss it again, possibly in front of other members of his family, (if they phone back at an inconvenient time).

3) Then, he eventually gets to discuss it with a Doctor.

Steps 1) and 2) could put him off following through to Step 3..

I find this new system worrying.

Edited by aDvicePls

Within the local medical practice we have a patient participation group, which is made up of various members of the community. It meets once a month with representatives of the practice were issues such as receptionists attitude, appointments/delays are discussed. Within my area it as been very successful in advocating the views of patients and making small changes to improve the service.

I am just wondering if there are any such groups within the practices mentioned in the previous posts, which could speak on your behalf.

As for getting an appointment there is an online system which allows you to make an appointment six weeks in advance, order medications or to see the various nurses which work in the practice.

It is a good system but we still have the 8 o clock madness to get an urgent appointment. None of the receptionist will now ask any symptoms but they will ask if it could wait 24 hours or would you be happy to see the minor injuries nurse to assess the problem first .

Within the last month they have started a walk in service where you turn up from 3.30 onwards and are seen on a first come first seen service.

This and all the above is part of a trial by the local trust to improve GP services and I hate to say it so far I am actually impressed.

I would like to clear up one mis-conception that is touted about sexually transmitted diseases and 'womens problems'.

You do NOT need to go through your GP for treatment - many areas have separately run clinics which are free of charge and part of the NHS. The people who work there are specially trained in these areas and will not contact your GP (or anyone else) unless you request them to do so. Most offer a walk-in service and have special days for separate groups, and also special clinics for young teenagers and vulnerable adults.

You should be able to find these clinics listed under your local health area listings or google them. (I know this because I used to work in one as a medical secretary).

My surgery operates a phone based triage system, so if you want to see a gp that day, the receptionist records the request and the duty doctor calls you back. To assist the doc, the receptionist normally says, "Can I ask what it's about", and they have no problem with being told, "I'd rather discuss this with the GP". The GP then calls you back, normally within the hour and, if the GP thinks it necessary, the gp books the appointment with you or gives you advise.

I'm happy with this as I feel that I am not waiting my GP's time if it's something that can be done over the phone.