Appraisals and pre-appraisals

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am I correct in thinking that a company has to get you to fill in a pre-appraisal form before the actual appraisal? At my old company we never did pre-appraisals.

And after an appraisal do we have to sign the notes/minutes of the meeting to say we agree with what has been said?

Should these notes/minutes be placed in the personnel file?

The reason I ask is I was unfairly dismissed and my ex-employer is saying my appraisals flagged up my poor performance when in actual fact they were all really positive. I never did any pre-appraisals, never signed anything after my appraisals and he didn't let me have a copy of the contents of my personnel file after I left.

He's lying but is he in the wrong by not doing pre-appraisals and not getting me to sign anything. Without my signature it's just his word against mine. :???:

pre appraisal is optional, depends on company process

signing the appraisal does not mean you agree with it, it just means it has ben delivered to you, usually. Have a look at the wording on the form.

Do you have copies of your positive apraisals by any chance, it sounds like they would be useful?

How long had you worked there? And why do you believe the dismissal was unfair? Answers to those will enable us to help you better :)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I was there for two and a half years and the only reason I was dismissed was because the bosses wife took a dislike to me. I've got a tribunal hearing scheduled for next month. I've seen a copy of his ET3 form and he's fabricated a whole load of lies about me.

When I had appraisals they were only ever verbal, there was never anything written down so actually no proof they ever took place at all. He is now saying that the appraisals flagged up my poor performance which is untrue and I'm just waiting for him to send me a copy of the minutes which were supposedly written at the time of the appraisal.

Do I legally have to sign an appraisal to say I've received it?

No, you don't. Some staff refuse on principle.

Does the company have a performance improvement process? Were you put on it?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Has anyone else left recently that would write a statement for you to support this? ie the general principle of non management of performance?

Sadly not :( The guy they took on to replace me quit after a couple of months because he felt hounded out by the wife but as he wasn't actually there the same time as me and because I never met him I can't really ask him to be a witness. Nobody else from the company will speak on my behalf because their lives will be made hell by said wife :(