ET approaching - Metadata advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning everyone.

I have a tribunal scheduled for the end of April to hear my unfair dismissal case. My ex-employer is saying that over the last couple of years we had several meetings discussing my poor performance which is untrue. When it came time for us to disclose our list of documents he applied for a 5 day extension which he received. I believe he wanted the extension so that he could fabricate the minutes of the meetings. I've heard about metadata and wonder if there is a way I can prove that all the minutes were produced at the same time. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

I believe windows stores the date and time when each document was created. I believe it is possible easy to fake this by changing the date and time of your computer, but query whether the employer would have the expertise to do this. I am not sure how you would actually get your hands on the metadata and I am not a techie, but perhaps you could ask for electronic copies of the documents by email (you should be able to check the metadata from there). This would work better than asking the employer to simply confirm what the metadata says or provide screenshots showing the metadata (which would make it obvious what you are looking for and prompt him to try to fake the time).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I personally would be asking for them electronically and nothing else, if they are word they will show creation date and also last edit date and i wouldn't want to tip them off as steam has told you what they could then easily do

there is also the "are they signed" emailed at the time if not which is usual practice

Is there potential that they can/cannot verify diary meetings to back up you attended, even then if they are arguing dismissal around perfomance i'd expect a formal letter trail with warnings in addition to meeting minutes

As far as I know there are only the minutes of the meetings which I should receive in the post tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what they say considering none of the meetings took place. There is certainly no formal letter trail which you would sensibly expect.